What is your favourite map/level of all time?

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Inverse Skies said:
blackcherry said:
Very much so. Never played against a dark sim though. Were they an unlockable? Could just be that I never got round to playing them! Just out of interest, thats an impressive post count for such a short time. Why so high?
You unlocked them eventually by plowing through the challenges (maybe 26? 27? I can't remember now). Basically they were perfect sims but cheating versions of them.

Lol, my post count has risen sharply because it's holidays. Uni goes back next week! And my roommate is hogging the tv playing MGS4 at the moment, so I've got to do something with my time. (Because I can't play Kingdom Hearts at the moment and there's nothing to study...) :)
I did wonder. What uni you at, as all the ones I am aware of are back by now.

WeedWorm

Nov 23, 2008
Platforms from Battlefront 1. What a fucking great level. It was just a meat grinder with the entire battle generally taking place on one bridge until one side took the bridge and then the battle moved onto the next bridge and it would go back and forth. Had some amazing games on that level.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
blackcherry said:
Well I'm from Australia, and I go to Deakin University and study medicine there. I've got five more years left as well, but I'm really looking forward to it all (three more years and I go into placement in hospitals! That'll be really good fun) :).

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Inverse Skies said:
blackcherry said:
Well I'm from Australia, and I go to Deakin University and study medicine there. I've got five more years left as well, but I'm really looking forward to it all (three more years and I go into placement in hospitals! That'll be really good fun) :).
Ah! That would explain it. You lazy auzzies (says the brit who attends uni approximately for 29 weeks of the year)! Good to hear there are more doctors in training, most places have a deficit as it is. First year, or do Australians have to study longer than we do he in the UK (6 years)?

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
the ship level on COD4. My shotgun never failed me.
I don't know if this counts as a level, but playing Sweet Home Alabama on Guitar hero world tour makes me feel good(not counting the hardest solo part, that still kicks my ass).
Oh and some DMC3 and DMC4 boss-fights were awesome.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
blackcherry said:
Ah! That would explain it. You lazy auzzies (says the brit who attends uni approximately for 29 weeks of the year)! Good to hear there are more doctors in training, most places have a deficit as it is. First year, or do Australians have to study longer than we do he in the UK (6 years)?
6 years is the usual length of time over here. I've done a few extra years of uni because I've done a biomedical science degree as well (which really helps). I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Lazy Aussies? We'll see who's talking after the ashes mate! lol :)

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Inverse Skies said:
Lazy Aussies? We'll see who's talking after the ashes mate! lol :)
Just what I'm talking about. So little effect on the world that you have to measure your achievements via a sport. Wait... ;)

Nah fair enough. Like everything we brits do at the moment, we seem to have become far too overconfident and are suffering as a result. At least we still have a pretty good currency though ;D

EDIT: I just realised that we seem to be keeping this tread powering along via the greatest of sources. Sidetracking.

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
have to agree with you there. There was always at least 2 battles going on; one on the deck between basically everyone and one on the towers between snipers.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
blackcherry said:
Just what I'm talking about. So little effect on the world that you have to measure your achievements via a sport. Wait... ;)

Nah fair enough. Like everything we brits do at the moment, we seem to have become far too overconfident and are suffering as a result. At least we still have a pretty good currency though ;D
Damn that pound! So much stronger than the old Aussie dollar.

Well uh... we have a higher official interest rate! Cop that! :) This global recession is making us all a little crazy...

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Inverse Skies said:
blackcherry said:

Damn that pound! So much stronger than the old Aussie dollar.

Well uh... we have a higher official interest rate! Cop that! :) This global recession is making us all a little crazy...
Hmm, thats good and bad. Good for us students, all pumped up on government subsidies that are payed back at a set rate of interest, but darn annoying for all those others who borrow money!

May I ask what your opinion of Kingdom Hearts 2 is? My mate swears blind by it, but then hes a RPG and SquareEnix fan. I enjoyed the first game a bit, but am still a bit unconvinced as to buying the second game.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
blackcherry said:
Hmm, thats good and bad. Good for us students, all pumped up on government subsidies that are payed back at a set rate of interest, but darn annoying for all those others who borrow money!

May I ask what your opinion of Kingdom Hearts 2 is? My mate swears blind by it, but then hes a RPG and SquareEnix fan. I enjoyed the first game a bit, but am still a bit unconvinced as to buying the second game.
I'm sorry but I can't give an opinion yet, I've never played it!

I've owned Nintendo consoles throughout my whole life up until the wii where I bought a ps3 instead (my sister has a wii though, so I just steal hers when I want to play something on it). So now I'm going back and playing a lot of the ps2 games I missed on my roommates console. I just finished Final Fantasy IX and am currently playing the original Kingdom Hearts.

I've bought the 2nd of ebay already (not sure if that's confidence or stupidity prevailing there) but it might be a while before I can get back to you on that. Especially as I'll have to start studying soon...

Insomniaku

Jan 31, 2009
SSBM: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, N64 Donkey Kong stage

CoD4: Ambush, Backlot, Crash, Crossfire, Overgrown, Pipeline, and Strike

Halo 3: Avalanche, Orbital, and Sandbox (Forge opportunities are endless), oh yeah and Guardian if I'm on a good day.

LBP: All the Metropolis, Islands, and Wedding levels

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
orangebandguy said:
Which is your most favourite level or multiplayer map in any video game? and what are your reasons for your choice?
Backlot

Cod4

is is THE Muliplayer MAP

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Inverse Skies said:
blackcherry said:

I'm sorry but I can't give an opinion yet, I've never played it!

I've owned Nintendo consoles throughout my whole life up until the wii where I bought a ps3 instead (my sister has a wii though, so I just steal hers when I want to play something on it). So now I'm going back and playing a lot of the ps2 games I missed on my roommates console. I just finished Final Fantasy IX and am currently playing the original Kingdom Hearts.

I've bought the 2nd of ebay already (not sure if that's confidence or stupidity prevailing there) but it might be a while before I can get back to you on that. Especially as I'll have to start studying soon...
Sorry, I just assumed. As pretty much the only nintendo fan in my rather large area, I'm used to being the only one who owned things like a gamecube and N64*. I find myself in a similar position, only with the PS3 being a flatmates, and me just exploring the games I never got to playing on the gamecube and N64 first time round (shadowman anyone?).

Thanks anyway, and congrats/commiserations on the returning to uni soon. I'm fully aware of the work people go through just to get into a medical school, as well as the workload. A friend of mine was invited up for an interview to one near Manchester, only to be told that the trip, which cost somewhere in the region of £150+, was pointless as they were never going to let her in in the first place. They even had the cheek to say she could still have the interview if she wanted. Hope you had none of that gip :).

*Now I go on the internet, I find that everyone had one, which seems to contradict the sales on the bloody things.