What is your gamer stereotype breaking hobby?

zefiris

Dec 3, 2011
I am pretty good at cooking, baking, like dressing up in cute clothes (especially real, proper kimonos) and LOVE long, LONG walks through actual, deep forests.

I'm a girl though, so I probably don't actually count as a gamer in the eyes of a good part of this site's audience :p

Not that I care. Off to play more of the Etrian Odyssey 5 demo on Expert Mode, in japanese. Thankfully I just got done finishing World of Xeen.

Spacemonkey430

Oct 8, 2012
Well to bust the shy thing I actually do fairly well when I have to speak in front of people. But I only do it when I have to so... yeah. But I enjoy hunting, fishing, hiking, riding my motorcycle and working on cars so there is that too.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
First off, not really a hobby but my job is being an apprentice Carpenter so that goes against the stereotype for what a gamer does for a living(usually something with computers)

But for a hobby for the past year or so Ive been hitting the gym lifting weights and doing a bit of crossfit, doing the protein shakes and eating right. Im not out to brag but I am liking how my body is changing. Im actually considering stepping up my gym time and trying the bodybuilder thing since I seem to be naturally strong. I just worry I might wear myself out too much for my job, I already suffer after doing leg work or shoulder work the next day at work.

Flutterbrave

Dec 10, 2009
I cook and especially bake quite a lot, which I guess is a bit at odds with the image of a man-child living off ready-meals and cheetos.

woodsymoments

Oct 21, 2009
I have a huge collection of books of every kind from history to graphic novels. Absolutely adore reading as long as it is well written and interesting. At last count i have over 700 books.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I'm pretty geeky (though not necessarily gamery) in every aspect of my life... the few hobbies I have that break the stereotype a bit... let me think...

I like to cook when I have time (I hate cooking in a rush)
I'm an avid beer and wine enthusiast, always seeking out new tastes in both.
I play semi-organized dodgeball
I love hipster music (it's a curse >.>) which seems to be kind of un-nerdy...

That's about all I can think of really...

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I play (bass) guitar in two bands, a progrock band and a cover band that was supposed to be a temporary thing, but I ended up liking, so I stuck around.
I like cooking, especially anything from the Mediterranean or Latin-American kitchens, though I recently found some neat Scandinavian recipes.
I'm into photography, though that's partially because it is useful for my job.
I used to be an avid painter until a couple years ago, but nowadays I can't really find enough time anymore. I once tried my hand at graffing, but it wasn't really my style.

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
Weightlifting and running.

Haven't been running that long, and it's getting crappy with it being summer. Goal is to run the 15k instead of the 5k on Thanksgiving next fall.

Brown_Coat117

Oct 22, 2010
I play guitar sometimes alone other time with friends, wouldn't call us a bad exactly. I also write music and practice archery. Also the GF wants to take swing dancing lessons so I will be adding that to the list in about 3 weeks.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
Sadly, all my hobbies are in line with the stereotype. It doesn't help that I've got a high-functioning form of autism.

However, I entered my relationship with my fiancée through what I call the Geek Trifecta.
1. We met during a LARP.
2. We started hanging out because she'd never seen Star Wars, whereas I was raised on it, so I took it upon myself to show her the movies.
3. Much of our early relationship was spent watching her favorite anime because I was not all too familiar with how varied it can be.

Jun 21, 2013
I'm in a drama club, cross-country team, and soon-to-be in a World Quest team, and am known for being one of the best writers in the school and having a local paper internship. I've also picked up singing recently, which I enjoy a heck of a lot. Gaming is still pretty much my big thing, but I have a plethora of other things I enjoy a lot.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
Andy Farren said:
TIMESWORDSMAN said:
What kind of cheese do you think pairs best with fresh apples?
Something blue, or a strong cheddar. Stilton and apple is a classic!
I never thought about blue, but it sounds good. I often use apple smoked gouda, and I think brick goes far as well.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010

Motorcycle and a harley at that. though personally i dont mind when someone does fit the stereotype they are still an individual.

oh also get laid!lmao

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Um well, I'm not really sure what the gamer stereotype is.
Then the following things;
I play guitar, I don't fanboy (PC is objectively better dammit), I'm not overwieght, I like drawing?, I like all kinds of music including some stuff that might be considered cool kids music mainstream.
that's it I've got nothing.