What is your "Go to" channel?

zohmbee

Feb 21, 2008
TLC, sadly. There's usually an episode of Cake Boss on three or four times during the week, so that kills my boredom. >_>

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Neonbob said:
The Discovery Channel.
I always go there first.
It's just entertaining so often. Even though it's filled with Cash Cab on weekdays...that sucks.
Honestly, if nothing is on, or if something else is on, I end up staying with Discovery.
Same with me, love all the shows on that channel. My second channel is the History channel. I think I learned more by watching TV then i did going to school.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
IdealistCommi said:
wouldyoukindly99 said:
[
*Neonbob has a whale tied to a chair*

Neonbob: If you just tell me where the whale base is I'll let you go.
Whale: BROOOOOOH!!
NB: Don't try to play games with me whale! Now tell me where the base is or suffer the consequences!
W: ARRRBOOORRRH!!
NB: Your courage is admirable my aquatic friend, but it won't save you! Now talk damn you!

*Pistol whips whale*

W: MMOOOORRR!!
NB: Looks like I'll have to use more...drastic measures.

*NB gets out electric jumper cables*

W: BLLLORRGGH!!
NB: You brought this on yourself!! MUWHAHAHA!!
JESUS! I laughed myself to much I almost pissed!
I'm glad that I can induce involuntary unrination! :)

[small]Damn, your post count is getting high.[/small]

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
History/Discovery

except the history channel is caught up in hysterics about Nostradamus, fucking nostradamus ruining a good tv channel

ObsessiveSketch

Nov 6, 2009
Cartoon Network (for Adult Swim)
Comedy Central
ESPN (NCAA)

if those 3 fail me, I'll hit up TBS and Sci Fi

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
I live in New Zealand, so I suppose a lot of my channels are unheard of, but it has to be the Documentary Channel (original name, eh?). I've learnt a lot of random crap from that. Or maybe a channel that shows completely foreign and often pointless programming, but has Al Jazeera which is often interesting - local news networks such as One News or 3 News (like I said, we're awesome at originality) are shit at reporting news in other parts of the world. At least not in detail; often it's "OMG RUSSIAN TERRORISTS" for a day then "OMG TIGER WOODS" for a week.

Journalism at its finest!

JWAN said:
History/Discovery

except the history channel is caught up in hysterics about Nostradamus, fucking nostradamus ruining a good tv channel
Urgh, I completely understand. The "History" Channel is now filled to the brim with conspiracy theories and endless repeats of WWII documentaries.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Tattaglia said:
I live in New Zealand, so I suppose a lot of my channels are unheard of, but it has to be the Documentary Channel (original name, eh?). I've learnt a lot of random crap from that. Or maybe a channel that shows completely foreign and often pointless programming, but has Al Jazeera which is often interesting - local news networks such as One News or 3 News (like I said, we're awesome at originality) are shit at reporting news in other parts of the world. At least not in detail; often it's "OMG RUSSIAN TERRORISTS" for a day then "OMG TIGER WOODS" for a week.

Journalism at its finest!

JWAN said:
History/Discovery

Urgh, I completely understand. The "History" Channel is now filled to the brim with conspiracy theories and endless repeats of WWII documentaries.
Im a military history major and that still bugs the hell out of me.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
if there's nothing on Comedy Central, I go to History Channel; If nothing is on there, I got to NHK World which is basically the Japan channel

T3h Merc

Dec 24, 2008
1. USA (Half of the Day!
2. Comedy Central (Half of the Day!)
3. Adult Swim (All night!)
4. TBS (only when there's a marathon of something good.)
5. TNT (rare but good)

I <3 Law and Order SVU so USA and TNT is almost exclusively.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
5 years ago: Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, BBC America, Comedy Central, Nick At Night.

Now: Discovery ID, Discovery Science, Discovery Health, Animal Planet, Science Channel, & whatever channel happens to be playing back-to-back episodes of Law & Order.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
Discovery channel...i'll turn it on and before i know it ive been watching an ant eater for three hours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkZ5_pWcYwU ... it hits home a bit

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
When I watch TV, it is either Spike, History, Comedy Central, or Discovery. Learning or laughing.
Though I almost never watch TV anymore. Between youtube and video games, TV just seems pointless most of the time.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon (to check if Spongebob is on and it ALWAYS is), and the Military Channel.

I would say the onDemand stuff, but that's cheating.

Violence

Dec 3, 2009
History for UFOs OMG2012 or Nat Geo for space and deep sea stuff. And Taboo!
Typically I just use television for background noise when I'm in the kitchen, though.
It's ironic that the sound of people eating food is unappetizing ;[

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
Don't have one - I actually disconnected my cable a year or so ago. We just watch shit online (or DVDs), piped to the bigscreen mounted over our laptops via an HDMI connection through the wall from our media server.

Amazingly enough, this approach has saved us around $600 this year alone (given what cable costs out here), after all the equipment. And we don't have to watch commercials (save for the 40 second things on NBC and FOX Media webpages, but it isn't five minutes long). It's pretty kickass.