What is your go to gaming snack?

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
machblast said:
rt052192 said:
machblast said:
rt052192 said:
machblast said:
I eat food like a regular person. Anyone who refers to the food they eat during video games as a 'gaming snack' is an insufferable 'games are a lifestyle' idiot.
false, my life expands well beyond video games good sir. I would love to verbally bash your ignorance but it would probably incur mod wrath. So im gonna take the moral high ground and advise you to not be such a douche next time.
Then you would be much better off just calling it a snack. Appending 'gaming' to random words is one of the worst trends in recent history.

Gaming snacks, gaming headsets, gaming keyboards, gaming chairs, the term 'Gamer Grub', gaming laptops, gaming shirts, gaming tables, gaming speakers. It's a marketing buzzword meaning 'overpriced shit for idiots who don't know any better'.

I would definitely appreciate people dropping this.
a gaming chair is exactly that though, a chair for gaming and not much else. A gaming headset is intended and designed for gaming and not much else. I fail to see your logic, yet respect your opinion because we all have stuff that irks us. Yet at the same time keep the insults coming and I will gladly continue to refute anything you may try to insult with.
I'm not insulting you personally, it's more a satellite annoyance. Don't take it that way.

Also, gaming headsets are overpriced, have inferior parts to cheaper alternatives, and are generally like buying a goddamn Alienware. In fact, most 'gaming' labeled stuff has cheaper, better suited alternatives that aren't labeled 'gaming' for playing videogames. If you feel truly like you're getting something made just for playing videogames, including SNACKS OPTIMIZED FOR A TRUE GAMER, then you're just fooling yourself. All this stuff is outstripped by better, cheaper things and better hardware that makes playing games a hell of a lot better than buying cheap novelty crap made to fool preteens.
well a gaming snack is the snack of choice while gaming I don't eat mine unless I'm playing a game

machblast

Apr 2, 2010
Patrick Young said:
well a gaming snack is the snack of choice while gaming I don't eat mine unless I'm playing a game
I suppose I don't have a problem with that particularly.

MuppeTeN

Feb 20, 2011
3lts of Pepsi and a Domino's pizza or Mc :p, or if I have M&M's, a whole 1/5kgr bag XD

Though I do this once a week

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
machblast said:
rt052192 said:
machblast said:
I eat food like a regular person. Anyone who refers to the food they eat during video games as a 'gaming snack' is an insufferable 'games are a lifestyle' idiot.
false, my life expands well beyond video games good sir. I would love to verbally bash your ignorance but it would probably incur mod wrath. So im gonna take the moral high ground and advise you to not be such a douche next time.
Then you would be much better off just calling it a snack. Appending 'gaming' to random words is one of the worst trends in recent history.

Gaming snacks, gaming headsets, gaming keyboards, gaming chairs, the term 'Gamer Grub', gaming laptops, gaming shirts, gaming tables, gaming speakers. It's a marketing buzzword meaning 'overpriced shit for idiots who don't know any better'.

actually a gaming laptop is "a thing" because people dont builder their own laptops so thease are are specifically designed for gaming (not that you cant game on a regualr decent one, as i have for some time) oh and "gaming" gear generally LOOKS really cool as well, like my WOW gaming mousepad

anyway people like to identify with a group and take a certain amount of pride and passion with their hobby,

you may be part of the "get a life" brigade but really no one cares what you think,

as for me its usually chips/pringles/ energy drink

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Tea. Always tea. If I nibble something at my desk, I'll just keep eating with really noticing and I'll eventually become morbidly obese. Especially since I don't really like exercise.

aprildog18

Feb 16, 2010
machblast said:
You speak blasphemy.

OP: My gaming snack would be poop Costco Chocoloate soymilk and Ritz.

rt052192

Feb 24, 2010
machblast said:
rt052192 said:
machblast said:
rt052192 said:
machblast said:

a gaming chair is exactly that though, a chair for gaming and not much else. A gaming headset is intended and designed for gaming and not much else. I fail to see your logic, yet respect your opinion because we all have stuff that irks us. Yet at the same time keep the insults coming and I will gladly continue to refute anything you may try to insult with.
I'm not insulting you personally, it's more a satellite annoyance. Don't take it that way.

Also, gaming headsets are overpriced, have inferior parts to cheaper alternatives, and are generally like buying a goddamn Alienware. In fact, most 'gaming' labeled stuff has cheaper, better suited alternatives that aren't labeled 'gaming' for playing videogames. If you feel truly like you're getting something made just for playing videogames, including SNACKS OPTIMIZED FOR A TRUE GAMER, then you're just fooling yourself. All this stuff is outstripped by better, cheaper things and better hardware that makes playing games a hell of a lot better than buying cheaply made overpriced novelty crap made to fool preteens.
Alright, it's all good.

OutforEC

Professional Amateur
Jul 20, 2010
Gaming Mountain Dew as well as gaming String Cheese.

Followed by a gaming cigarette.

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
I am a troll so I feed on your distress and harsh language. MWAHAHAHAHAHA HEHEHHEHEHHE he....hee.....AHAHHAHAHAHAHA. You mad community?

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
machblast said:
That's a tad over dramatic, don't you think?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
You assume I simply ascribe to a particular kind of food while playing games. This is false, I'm afraid.

machblast

Apr 2, 2010
Buchholz101 said:
machblast said:
That's a tad over dramatic, don't you think?
Probably, but people who add 'gaming' to everything they do make my top shitlist along with people from Reddit and rabid fans of particular consoles.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
I don't eat when I play games. My controller is dirty enough as it is. I don't want to worry about spilling Coke all over it.

*sips Coke at keyboard*

That's good Coke.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Fanfic_warper said:
EXCEPT for any Cream, Root Beer, Dr.Pepper, Wild red or any generic brand of the aforementioned drinks.
Oh you're such a heretic! My Flaming Hammer of Justice almost torched my house when I seen that!

OT: I usually end up drinking water and eating what ever I can find, though I prefer root beer with some salsa and chips.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
rt052192 said:
For me it has to be cheez-its. Doesn't get my fingers too cheesy/greasy and they are straight up delicious.
Can't say I ever eat much during gaming, since most times I need both hands on the controller to play, and I don't like getting grease, Cheetos dust or some such thing all over the controller.

Besides I have this rather spoiled mentality where eating is rather boring unless I'm watching something, so I usually stop the game I am playing and get on my computer and find an episode of what every show I have selected as my marathon show of the month(this month is both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, because there really isn't anything good coming out, at the moment, of the crap hole that is modern television). It has become way too much of a reality and game show or a combination of the two, blah-fest, that was already showing its boring face way back when Survivor was having it's third installment. What are we on now Survivor 20 or some ungodly number?

I remember when we use to get around six good to great fictional story shows spread over spring and fall seasons and game shows were usually left for daytime and if there was one during primetime, there was usually only one each television season section.

So, back on track, I don't really have a go to snack while gaming. At the most, I have a drink which I take sip of during loading screens, cut-scenes, or BioWare style conversations.

The last time I remember eating something while playing a game, was when I played Dragon Age 2's Legacy DLC the day it came out. I had my 360 controller in one hand and was eating a very solid/well put together piece of cheesecake that was to die for, I could pick it up with my bare hand and it would stay completely together, and it didn't stick to my hands so I some how didn't get a single sticky finger print on the controller when I put the cake down occasionally to use both hands to play.