What is your go to movie?

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Crank. It?s just a gloriously action-packed, hilarious two-hour thrill ride, as we see Jason Statham go through increasingly dangerous stunts to keep his heart going.

Then there?s also any of the Die Hard films, the Back to the Future trilogy, the Toy Story trilogy, Chicken Run (must've seen that film, like, fifty times when I was a kid; they always showed it on TV during Christmas break, and I always get flowery feelings of nostalgia inside when I rewatch it), or any Schwarzenegger film.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
The Cat Returns for some reason. It's not the best Studio Ghibli movie but it just really lifts my spirits and makes me feel good about myself. The characters are adorable and I guess it helps that I often find myself feeling quite a bit like Haru does!

How can you look at this and not smile?

Also: How to train your Dragon gets an honourable mention.

TheFunPolice said:
The Cat Returns. AHH HELL, any Studio Ghibli film ^_^ I've lost count of how many times I've watched Howl's moving castle :D I've watched almost all of their films and I can't actually think of anything negative about any of them, I think they're just all perfect, from the visuals, the music, the characters, ALL of it

But, The Cat Returns is just utterly hilarious and absolutely one of my favorite films ever ^_^
You just became my favourite person! I'm not even upset that you ninja'd me with this one. No one ever picks The Cat Returns :3

klown

Jun 6, 2012
There are a couple of movies that I watch when I'm laying in bed trying to go to sleep, or when I got a couple of hours to waste.

American History X
V for Vendetta
Boondock Saints

One of those three movies are basically always on in my house at some point during the day.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Weirdly enough my go-to movie that leads to make-outs has been Rocky Horror Picture Show. I have no idea how it happens but it works somehow. Maybe it's the girls I tend to date. And feel good movie would have to be... Ratatouille. I love that movie. I mean, can you really stay sad when a scene like this comes along?

bartholen said:
Ponyo! PonyoponyoponyoponyponyoponyoPONYO!!! It's just so wonderfully innocent and cheerful it never fails to put me in a good mood. Just wait a few minutes and I'll be grinning like an idiot with glee, cuddled up in the fetal position and going "Aaaaaaawwwwww".
Go watch the Nostalgia Critic review of it. You'll never be able to watch the scene where Souske and Ponyo reunite after she's been turned into a human again without bursting into laughter. It's just one word but when you imagine it you'll never forget it.

Fluffythepoo

Sep 29, 2011
Constantine or Gasland.. dont even watch them normally, just find the voices soothing xD
Last year when studying for exams i looped constanine, it ended up playing 250-something times by the end

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Bladerunner, and i've seen every version multiple times...and i kinda like the voice over one...
Shaun of the Dead, never gets old.
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, i adore this weird, weird movie way too much.
Scott Pilgrim VS The World. (DUH)
Dead Leaves, this borders on insanity how much fun this anime is.
Robocop, because it still rocks on every level and i'll buy that for a dollar.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Not the "greatest" movies, but I can always sit down and watch "The Simpson's Movie" and "Get Smart"

Just something about them, it's so... appealing

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Chronicles of Riddick; I love to laugh at it, and just watching Karl Urban with that god awful hair cut is wonderful.

Lord of The Rings; Any movie really. Just makes me happy. /pokes icon/

Also people have already said the Boondock Saints, so i'll say Repo! The Genetic Opera. Why? 'Cause Zydrate comes in a little glass vile, that's why.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Escape from New York. It has everything you'll ever need in a movie.

Kurt Russel
Eye-Patches
Saving the President
and more!

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009

Not what you thought it was I bet! It is by far my favorite film, some of it's nostalgia but I do love cheesy and giant robots in stuff, so it fits new things I currently like too.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I got so damn many movies that I never run out of things to watch(on dvd mind you), but I'd say The Big Lebowski, American History X, Fight Club and Scarface stand out a bit. Watched them countless times and I'm not sick of them.

Out of those I think Fight Club would take the price. It's fun, brutal and Bobs ***** tits.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
I've watched Mallrats, A New Hope, Shaun of the Dead, and Bon Cop, Bad Cop more times that I can remember. Also, I've listened to George Carlins It's Bad For Ya more times than anything else on my iTunes library. So those things.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
chozo_hybrid said:

Not what you thought it was I bet! It is by far my favorite film, some of it's nostalgia but I do love cheesy and giant robots in stuff, so it fits new things I currently like too.
Not sure if Transformers fan making Highlander joke, or Highlander fan using Transformers pic as a joke...

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
Ryan Hilton said:
Probably The Avengers, just because it's A)Marvel, B)Funny C)Plenty of action sequences D)Its directed by Joss Whedon, and its just a generally amazing film that cheers you up.

EDIT: How can you guys say Shawshank is a go to movie? Yes it is awesome but its a tad depressing.
It has a happy ending.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Owen Robertson said:
chozo_hybrid said:

Not sure if Transformers fan making Highlander joke, or Highlander fan using Transformers pic as a joke...
I was stating there is only one go to movie for me, my avatar should hint at which it is.

Verkula

Oct 3, 2010
Robocop, Batman, Jurassic Park, Gremlins 1-2, somehow i cant get enough of these, I watch them at least once a year, but usually more.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
PsychicTaco115 said:
Not the "greatest" movies, but I can always sit down and watch "The Simpson's Movie" and "Get Smart"

Just something about them, it's so... appealing
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
I don't know. Are you thinking "Holy shit. Holy shit. A Swordfish nearly stabbed through my face. Holy shit."?