Hot Fuzz
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
The Whole Nine Yards

All good movies I can see many times.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Blade Runner... or 2001: A Space Odyssey... was watching both of these movies like a couple of times a month at one point... nothing better than some classic Scifi...<.<

thibaut95

Feb 8, 2011
Toy story, i mean evrybody loves it!
monsters inc
shrek 1
the lion king
( i like kid movies, but hey..)

the dark knight
3:10 to yuma
forrest gump ( i just love Dan)

Simonism451

Oct 27, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Lionsfan said:
Probably either Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead. I just love both of them, and I've seen them god knows how many times
I'll always turn to those movies if they are on TV. Also, Starship Troopers. How can you not love that movie? (Unless you are a book purist who disliked Director Paul Verhoeven turning the "criticism of American military" message of the book into "Criticism of American military movies" in the film)
Damn you! Damn you to hell, filthy ninja scum. But seriously Starship Troopers is perhaps the best thing to watch after visiting a forum of sci-fi fans and quasi-faschists and throwing up in your mouth a little. It's proof that extreme disdain is a worthy source of creative energy (Verhoeven stopped reading the book after 50 pages because it "bored and depressed him")

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Pretty much anything with Arnie in is guaranteed to pick me up. Throughout my breakup nothing has been more helpful that Arnold Schwarzenegger, whether it's intentionally comedic or simply his delivery, he just makes me smile in most of his flicks. Failing that it's A Few Good Men.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
For whatever reason I can't just sit down and watch a movie without friends.

But if it counts I (almost obsessively) rewatch my favorite episodes of my favorite cartoons like Adventure Time.

rockoffanddie

Apr 8, 2009
Die hard 1 or 3 I can absolutely watch at any time and never get bored, and trust me I have seen them many, many times. But probably above even those masterpieces are the back to the future trilogy which are probably some of the greatest movies ever made.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
Snatch. A great movie, really showed off Guy Ritchie's directing chops (before he somehow flushed them all down the toilet and the only "notable" thing he made in the next decade would be Sherlock Holmes). It's hilarious, it's fast-paced, it's got tons of action, and the cast/acting is just top-notch.
YES YES YES!

I think I've seen snatch in excess of 50 times over and it doesn't stop being funny :3

Bucky01

Sep 28, 2010
the first "Jurassic park" for some weird reason and if im in the mood for a chuckle "Hot tub time machine"

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Hudson Hawk!! Wins every time!!
wombat_of_war said:
for me it hudson hawk .. love the thing and i always watch it at least once a month :) funny how it earned 6 razzie awards all up for cast and film not to mention killed tristar pictures
I love you!

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Spaceballs, Shaun of the Dead & Pitch Black. I'll watch those movies just about anytime.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Gladiator
Jurassic Park
The Princess Bride

Each depending on my mood, but if they're on TV, they're what I'm watching.

Shaun of the Dead I will watch whenever it's on, too.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Aliens - I can't tell you how many times I've stopped what I was doing to watch this when it just happened to be on TV

Princess Bride would a be a close second with Braveheart coming in third.

KiloFox

Aug 16, 2011
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Boondock Saints

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is hilarious and absolutely amazing starring one of my favourite actors, Robert Downey Jr. it's a movie you should watch twice, once with subtitles, because the lines come so fast they're easy to miss the first time around. i can practically quote this movie word for word.

The Boondock Saints is an awesome action movie with great acting and action sequences, amazing characters and an excellent plot. it also has a surprising moral dilema to the viewer. do you support the Saints? or do you not?

Kekkonen1

Nov 8, 2010
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Hudson Hawk!! Wins every time!!
wombat_of_war said:
for me it hudson hawk .. love the thing and i always watch it at least once a month :) funny how it earned 6 razzie awards all up for cast and film not to mention killed tristar pictures
I love you!
Haha Hudson Hawk was fun! I even saw an interview with Bruce Willis where he admitted that Hudson Hawk was the role he most regretted doing.

As for my go-to movie(s), I generally prefer somewhat dark, depressing and/or thoughtful movies so here they are:

12 Monkeys
The Divide
Memento
Neon Genesis Evangelion (not a movie I know, but I have probably watched it more than 15-20 times)
Brazil (yes two Gilliam-movies)

I guess these are the ones, although some are more permanent and some come and go.

herbortamus

Aug 25, 2011
Andy of Comix Inc said:
The original Star Wars trilogy.

I'm so original!
Me too! That would be my first pick for go-to movies. I think because I know them so well and they are familiar.

I would also add in Blade Runner and Spaceballs for the same reason. I love sci-fi.