What is your GOTY so far?

Blue Jay

May 13, 2012
The Walking Dead Game for me, an amazing story coupled with great, realistic characters makes it my GOTY.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Kid Icarus: Uprising.

I don't care if the game had some minor control issues; it is one of the few games that has made me feel a genuine joy throughout the entirety of the game.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
I haven't played Dishonored yet, but based on the reviews I'm betting that will end up being the one...

However, at the moment I'd say Guild Wars 2. I have never been that big of a fan of MMOs, I love the concept but usually can't stand the very unfriendly mechanics (in that helping people is stealing their kills) and I love how this game fixes that and then makes them less games about ticking off quest lists and more about adventuring and exploring.

I also haven't played Way of the Samurai 4 for yet for some reason, that might be on there as well.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
At the moment, it's Mass Effect 3. X-COM, Dishonored, or Hitman: Absolution may change that. I'm really looking forward to playing these games.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Tales of Graces F. The story and characters were far from groundbreaking, but that fighting system was a blast. Even compared to the other Tales games, it's the one where I found myself fighting random battles for the fun of it by far the most often.

Second goes to Borderlands 2. Not the quantum leap over the first that it was suggested to be, but the first was very good, and this had improvements in all the right areas.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Forza: Horizon.
I'm not kidding. It's just...the best racer of all time.
And honestly, it hasn't been much of a year for games.

ka_saa said:
Tharwen said:
Spec Ops: The Line.

No other game has done nearly as much for gaming. Also, I haven't played Borderlands 2 or Dishonored yet.
Meh, I think it could have done a great deal for gaming (according to what I've heard about the story), but it was sold as a dumb and inept shooter, and that's exactly what playing the demo felt like, so no buy.
Same here. I couldn't finish the Demo it was so boring.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Diablo 3

I love this game so much it's competing with Rock Band as my game of this entire console generation. Nothing released this year even comes close.

I'd still only rank it an 8/10 (up from 7/10 at launch due to the patches since then).
Similar to Skyrim, Diablo 3 is the kind of game that has a pile of faults and yet you can still love the game.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
What did I get that came out in 2012?

*scroll scroll*

Uh... Black Mesa? If it counts. Otherwise I didn't get anything released in 2012.

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
Trippy Turtle said:
I only got Dishonored and FTL this year I think. I liked Dishonored but probably got more enjoyment out of FTL. FTL it is, sadly I have yet to beat it. I swear the boss is almost impossible.
I love FTL. Can't get anywhere on normal, but as long as I get to the boss ship, I can consistently down it. If you want, I can give you a strategy, it's kinda cheap once you realize it though.

On topic: once I get Dishonored, I'll probably take my pick. I still play Dark Souls alot, plus Killing Floor has its Hillbilly Horror going on right now.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
Diablo 3 and The Walking Dead, as they're the only games I've bothered with this year, unfortunately. I wish I could return to the year 2005, a time when gaming was my entire life.

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
Spec Ops: The Line or Dragon's Dogma. Both underrated, both amazing (although for completely different reasons). I'm still holding out for Playstation All-Stars though :) that's probably my most anticipated game of all time.

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
I actually haven't played anything yet this year that I would give a GOTY to. Borderlands 2 is fun, I suppose, but I don't really think it's a GOTY candidate. Likewise, Dishonored brings some great things to the table, but it's still not my GOTY. Having just finished it recently, I can say that it lacks... something, which would have put it on the top. It'll probably make my top 5 of the year, though. XCOM is another good game, but I think it's a little buggy to take home GOTY. Again, a top fiver for sure, but it doesn't take the top spot.

I'm waiting on AC3, Persona 4, the new Need for Speed, (fingers crossed that it's more like Hot Pursuit than The Run. Don't tell me, I want to find out for myself), Hitman: Absolution and Far Cry 3 before I even think about GOTY. And yes, since you're wondering, there's a good chance I'll get most, if not all of those by Christmas. No one in my family can think of anything other than video games to get me as a gift. I'm not complaining, but it does make me wonder about myself...

But if you're going to FORCE me to pick a GOTY based on the games I've played so far this year, then I guess I'd say Dragon's Dogma? I mean, it wasn't perfect, but it was a good enough RPG in a year that has been lacking good RPGs. I can't really think of anything else that has endeared itself to me like Dragon's Dogma did by the time I finished it.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I think I've only played 3 games from this year, so this isn't that hard to rank:

1.) Mass Effect 3
2.) Pokemon Black 2
3.) Borderlands 2

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Mass Effect 3 or Black Mesa.
I'm sure borderlands, spec ops, and dishonored were all good, I just haven't gotten around to playing them.

DAAANtheMAAAN

Sep 5, 2011
Demon's Crest. Sure, it's from 1994, but seeing as how I just played it this year, this month even, and had a blast with it, I say it counts!