What is your Hype meter for Upcoming games?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
The only two games I am looking forward to that are coming out soonish are Uncharted 4 (huge fan of the Uncharted series) and No Man's Sky. Both are probably about an 8/10.

FFXV is something I may be interested in. I should really try that demo...

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Although these are not coming up in the near future, I'm very hyped for 'Zero Time Dilemma', the new 'Danganronpa' and 'Dragon Quest 7'

And after trying the demo of 'Nioh' I think this could be really, really good.
Also 'Overwatch', but I reeeeally don't know if this is my genre. Love the character and graphic design, though.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Major Hype:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Cyberpunk 2077

Sargeant Hype:
Dishonored 2

Private Hype:
Meh, not much else really on my radar.

Sep 9, 2007
About ten minutes ago, I would've said not much is really on my radar at the moment. And then Relic released an announcement trailer for Dawn of War 3. So there's that I guess. Not sure that I'm all that hyped yet (As they've only just announced it), but its more Dawn of War, so that can't possibly mean bad things, right?

LordBaztion

Sep 26, 2011
Andromeda - 10
Titanfall 2 - 10

Dishonored 2 - 09
Mafia 3 - 09
Final Fantasy XV - 09

Uncharted 4 - 07
Halo Wars 2 - 07
Deus Ex - 07
Horizon - 07

Gears of War 4 - 05
Infinite Warfare - 05
Battleborn - 05

Overwatch - 04

Persona 5 - 03
Doom - 03
Zelda - 03
Catalyst - 03

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book - HYPE through the ROOF! Absolutely love atelier series, can't wait for this one

Persona 5 - High hype. love Persona series.

Uncharted 4 - middle hype, coz i was dumb and just recently replayed all of uncharted collection on PS4. And now i'm kinda tired of the formula. Still gonna play it on day one though.

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness - middle hype also. just plainly looking forward to playing it.

Everything else is ether low hype and irrelevant or no hype at all coz i'm ignoring it.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Above all I'm hyped for The Last Guardian. Closely followed by Persona 5, No Man's Sky and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I just got home from work and noticed that MOTHERLOVING DAWN OF WAR III IS ON ITS WAY!!!!!!!!

Hype meter has been blown clear into orbit.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
B-Cell said:
Only girly JRPGs beside uncharted 4 and you are ignoring everything else my friend.
Cause maybe that's what he likes and is hyped for. Who are you to decide what he should be excited for? Where are your puzzle game hypes? Tactics hypes? You are ignoring everything else "My friend"

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Huh. Impressive. The thread managed to last almost two pages before it entered the "stop liking what I don't like" phase. 0_0

Oh well. I'll add some more:

*Dawn of War III: I'm not really a follower of the DoW series - I only played up to Winter Assault (never beat it), and while I enjoyed the original, I'm more in the camp of Warcraft, StarCraft, and Command & Conquer. That said, I'm glad it's around, if only because it's a mainstream RTS release that'll show people that the genre isn't dead (hey Newboys, can you compose "RTS Isn't Dead"? Thanks. XD)

*Halo Wars 2: And on the other end of the RTS spectrum we have Halo Wars 2, the sequel to a...I hate using the term "casual" (casual refers to time spent on an activity, not the nature of the activity itself), but there's no doubt that the original was a very simple RTS. A fun RTS that I enjoyed playing, but not a particuarly deep one. So I'm left to decide whether I upgrade to Windows 10 or to see if it can work properly on Xbox One. I'll keep an eye on it.

*ReCore: Somehow forgot about this in the original post. ReCore looks fun. Interesting world, nice aesthetics, sci-fi, etc. It falls into the same vein as Horizon: Zero Dawn, where the premise/setting is enough to make me interested.

*Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare: Well, I listed this before, but that was before the trailer. Having seen the trailer...well, at some point, I want to try at least one modern CoD game so I can see whether it's the best/worst thing ever, or is somewhere in-between. I could do a lot worse than sci-fi stuff. Silly, over the top sci-fi stuff, but hey, take what you can get at least.

MoltenSilver

Feb 21, 2013
I just completely don't understand why people want to be hyped. I don't comprehend what potential customers gain by allowing themselves to be immersed in a marketing blitz that makes brainwashing from many dystopia novels seem almost tame by comparison. All 'being hyped' does, in both videogames and other products, is cause the victim to make extremely suspect financial decisions (ie. exactly the vulnerable state the seller wants you to be in). This goes quintuple for videogames due to both how frequently products are delivered broken and that the videogame industry is among the most successful at getting away with blatant false advertising. I'm trying to think of a single time anticipating a game enhanced rather than blemished my satisfaction with it, and nothing is coming to mind. I don't watch trailers at all because I don't see the point; it's not some kind of principled stance against marketing, it's because I find it absolutely impossible to care about something I can't buy right away.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Pretty chill right now with hype. Got Total War: Warhammer and Persona 5 are about it. Maybe Star Ocean if I think hard enough.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
Lightspeaker said:
To be honest practically the only game I'm really looking forward to at the moment is Hearts of Iron 4.

Other than that I just have a huge backlog to get through and, frankly looking through that list I can't really raise more than a "meh" for literally anything on there. I practically wasn't even aware of what is coming out.

I guess I'm slightly interested in Overwatch still. But frankly having not been able to play it AT ALL so far I've developed total paranoia that they're trying to hide something. So its more suspicion mixed with apathy than excitement.
And shortly after...announcements make a fool of me.

Dawn of War III has me pretty much exploding in excitement.

Elvis Starburst said:
B-Cell said:
Only girly JRPGs beside uncharted 4 and you are ignoring everything else my friend.
Cause maybe that's what he likes and is hyped for. Who are you to decide what he should be excited for? Where are your puzzle game hypes? Tactics hypes? You are ignoring everything else "My friend"
My favourite part was him using 'girly' as an insult. *facepalm*

Potjeslatinist

Feb 3, 2016
I'm not going to attach stupid numeric values to my hypedness for games, as said hypedness for The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine and Torment: Tides of Numenera is deductable from my hopping back and forth from one foot to another going "oh boy oh boy oh boy!"

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I'm only honestly hyped about one game, and that's Mass Effect: Andromeda.
I loved all 3 games (yes, even ME3) and always restart my playthroughs when I finish the trilogy.
And it's a 10.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
I guess the only game I'm excited for is NieR: Automata. It's got Yoko Taro writing it, and the sample of soundtrack I've heard is showing that Keiichi Okabe is still on point. Plus the Platinum gameplay is pretty nice judging on the footage, so I feel pretty justified in my excitement.

Games I'd like however are FFXV (The demo was pretty fun), KHIII (I want to see where this rollercoaster rabbithole of a plot goes) and Persona 5.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Lightspeaker said:
My favourite part was him using 'girly' as an insult. *facepalm*
It's because B-Cell only plays games for the manliest of men, filled with the highest level of "Badass." Ya know, to fill the void inside?

IndignantMole

Apr 27, 2016
Overwatch hype is currently at 563234798598279T4241092.3 and rising.

Everything else? Eh. There's always some cool indie games that pop up and surprise me. And my wallet.