What is your Hype meter for Upcoming games?

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
SKBPinkie said:
ITT: Some folks who fear disappointment as if it were death. Even if you don't like the game, then you have maybe an hour or so of disappointment. Anything more, and your priorities when it comes to entertainment are way off balance. I'd rather be excited for a few months for a potentially disappointing evening than be cynical all the time.
You have a beautiful philosophy. Do you teach classes? I need less cynicism in my diet.

Oct 22, 2011
After being left on a station dissapointment few times, i try to not jump on any hype trains.
That doesn't mean i'm not cautiously looking forward towards some upcoming titles. For example, Shadow Warrior 2 is looking pretty good so far... and i hope Eidos won't screw up the pooch with Manking Divided... and then there's Paradox taking their grand strategies to space... and Relic just announced DoWIII, oh no... i can feel the hype overtaking me... IT IS A GOOD PAIN!

felbot

May 11, 2011

Fucking nothing looks good. and even if it looks good for all I know the devs might downgrade it just to be a bunch of massive cunts.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'm fairly excited for games like Kirby: Planet Robobot, Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei and, Legend of Zelda...the next one. I don't know how I would rank any of them since I probably wouldn't buy them on day one despite those being the games that I'm most looking forward to in the foreseeable future. I just don't really do hype since most of the time I have to wait until things hit bargain prices before I can consider grabbing them in the first place...which reminds me, I might possibly, maybe be able to finally get my copy of Tropical Freeze on my next check...or the one after that, I'm not sure yet.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Doom looks good to me, definitely, but I'm really looking forward to Persona 5. Have been a while.

retsupurae yahtsee

May 14, 2012
1: Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed: End these fucking series and do something new! Last Guardian: it looks like shit that was slapped together in three weeks rather than eight years, the dog is a ripoff of the one from The Neverending Story, and fuck this game. Titanfall 2: I like to have a point in my games, and multiplayer gets repetitive, and I refuse to buy an Xbox after all the shit done by Microsoft.
5: Torment: Tides of Numeneria: I love Planescape Torment, but Wasteland 2 was a piece of shit with no substance, imagination r fun and this is made by the same guys. Uncharted 4: The series is good, not great. I can take it or leave it. Shadow Warrior 2: Stabbing everything in the last game with a sword was fun, but these shooters are growing tiresome. Ascendant Underworld: I would love to see a new Ultima that fixed the flaws while maintain the depth and challenge, but every Ultima game after Black Gate was shit.
8: Horizon Zero Dawn: It looks really fun and fighting dinosaurs and robots is always cool, although the anti-technology bent is disturbing. Final Shin Megami Tensei 4 and Shin Megami Tensei Apocalypse: I love the SMT series, but I wonder if these will be full games or expansions. Metroid Prime: Federation Force: Probably a very bad Metroid, but still almost certainly a far better game than all the generic shooters only B-Cell could like Zelda: 3D Zeldas are great, but not as good as the 2D ones--but A Link between Worlds was excellent, so I hope will be worthy of it. Doom: I love all of the Doom games, although this one looks like it might be a little too generic and not as unique as its predecessors. Full Street Fighter 5: Fuck the creators for releasing it unfinished, but I love Street Fighter and I am eager to see the final product. Deus Ex: mankind Divided and Mighty Number Nine: Cool looking successors to classic series, but held back by scams and marketing bullshit.
10: Nier 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Scalebound and other Platinum games: Platinum is fucking awesome. Hopefully Mario galaxy 3 and Metroid Prime 4: Uncertain, but Nintendo and Retro say they are interested in them, and the previous games were modern classics. Hero U: I miss classic adventure games, even though B-Cell would probably call them gay. Devolver's games: Devolver is great at finding awesome games to publish like Not a Hero, Hotline Miami, Dropsy and Shadow Warrior and I eagerly await its future products. Shin Megami Tensei versus Fire Emblem and Persona 5: True entries in a classic series. B-Cell, you suck. No Man's Sky and Star Citizen: I love classics like Wing Commander, Freespace and Independence War, and maybe these can resurrect the genre. Cyberpunk 2077: I love The Witcher 1 and 3, unlike that fucking piece of boring shit Witcher 2 and this is made by the same creators.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Not gonna rank by hype but these are the games I'm interested in

Mirror's Edge
Dishonored 2
Battlefield
Doom
Dark Souls 3 DLC
Titanfall 2
Mafia 3
Dawn of War 3
Total War Warhammer
Space Hulk
For Honor
Witcher 3 Blood and Wine
Ghost Recon Wild Lands
Forza 6 pc....maybe. I'm desperate for that franchise on PC. That and Gears 4 are the only reasons I would want an xbox. I have no interest in Win 10 and UWP though.

Wow... there's way more coming out that I want than I thought.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
I don't really get all the hyped for games or much else because there's just too much chance for disappointment. However, games I am definitely looking forward to are:

Uncharted 4
Dishonored 2
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

EDIT: Oh, and Persona 5

Feb 26, 2014
Gonna go ahead and add Battlefield 1 to me Pretty Excited list. That trailer looked amazing and I'm looking forward to the beta. I hope they change the name of the game, though. It was stupid when Microsoft did it, it's still stupid now.

Sharia

Nov 30, 2015
I look forward to so much, it's hard to break it down to single titles really. If I have to though, I guess some of the, slightly stand out ones to me are:

Zero Time Dilemma
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
Legend of Heroes: Cold Steel II
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
Nioh
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Syberia III

(Already have Star Ocean 5)