What is your IQ?

Guest_Star

Jul 25, 2010
A million, billion points.
Because this is the internet and I said it was so.

This has prolly been repeated ad nauseam, but IQ tests (esp the ones on the internets) are notorious for only measuring how good you're at taking IQ tests.
Also there's the fact that most of them will only give you a more thorough evaluation after you've paid the $20 fee.

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
Hateren47 said:
Darius Brogan said:
Monkeyman8 said:
Darius Brogan said:
Monkeyman8 said:
Darius Brogan said:
Monkeyman8 said:
99th percentile, that's all that matters
99th percentile in what? Normal IQ tests are done in sections then, I believe, calculated to an average. The percentiles assigned are to each of the sections of the test, not to the completed work.
99th percentile average, I'll dig it up for specifics tomorrow. it was like 99.8th, 99th, 50th percentiles. lowest being in processing speed
Ah ,I see, my test didn't place an average on IQ, just gave me a number. My personal highest percentile was 98th in passage comprehension.
My second highest, curiously enough, was 92nd... in processing speed...
Although my lowest was 4th, in math, but I hate math anyways so I don't really care.
4th percentile? do you have dyscalculia or something.
No nothing like that, but when it comes to math, as soon as I have to start thinking about it I stop. Don't know why, but I do. I've never had that problem in Science, English... anything else really, but I hate math, I always have, and I always will.
Are you sure you don't have dyscalculia? It's as common as dyslexia but few people give it any thought. I'm quite convinced I have it in some form. I'm not good at math though not generally bad with numbers, I have made my own -/+ system to combat have trouble telling left from right and I'm bad at remembering names and faces. All common symptoms of dyscalculia. I have never been tested and I don't know any where I could get tested either. But a lot of people live with it without knowing.
I'm pretty sure I don't have it, as I'm actually quite capable at math if I try, but I've never, ever liked it very much, basic math's okay but anything above lower-tier trig is pointless.

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
I've taken 3 tests that I base my IQ on: the Mensa test, a mandatory Iq test in the military, and a test taken with my doctor.
The avarage number of these 3 are 127. The highest score I got was on an online-test I took for fun. The score was 140, but taken the 3 more reliable tests into consideration I think that was a load of bull.

Apr 29, 2010
I've never actually taken an IQ test. At least, not that I remember. Either way, I'd rather not assign a number to my intelligence. I know I'm smarter than most, judging by my classes in high school. I also know there are people who are smarter than me. Frankly, it doesn't bother me. I know I'm smart enough to get by in life, and that's fine by me.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
We still don't know enough about the human brain to even claim the accuracy of IQ tests.
Standardized tests cannot measure all of your strengths and weaknesses; it's just too generalized.

Mine was tested back when I was in 3rd grade. I forget the total though.

Adecristo

May 20, 2010
When I was 12 years old, there were National IQ Tests in Poland every year for about 3-4 years, transmitted on TV and internet, it was a pretty big thing back then. Every time I had about 130-145, so it's pretty cool. No idea if it changes with time, and if so, how big is my IQ right now.

alerriixx

Apr 4, 2010
My Mensa officiated test said something around 164 if I remember correctly? I don't know what kind of percentile this puts me in, but as it was for Mensa I assume this is quite good?

Buleet

Feb 21, 2010
The quistions are a bit to complex for someonne who does not have english as a mother-language

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
HerrBobo said:
I did one at school about 14 years ago. It was one that everone in 4th year of school takes in Ireland, or at least they did at the time. I got in the top 1% in the contry in clerical speed and accuracy.

You know what that means????
You can cast Turn undead?

Dont know dont care some arbitary number is not worth anything to me .

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
Frequen-Z said:
IQ Tests are only good at measuring how good you are at IQ tests. Attributing a number to how well a person answers some pre-set questions doesn't impress me. Wisdom does. Wisdom isn't something any test can really measure, and it's not something you can gain by reading books or doing calculations.

But anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and take a rain check on this because frankly, it means little, and anyone who makes judgements on others based on how they score are simply doing it wrong.
You are trully a wise man.
I therefor take my hat from my head.

Optional Opinion

Dec 29, 2008
This gives us more of an idea how much shit these internet tests spew.

Genius IQ is generally considered to begin around 140 to 145, representing ~.25% of the population (1 in 400). Here's a rough guide:

* 115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)
* 125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)
* 135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)
* 145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)
* 155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)
* 165-179 - High genius
* 180-200 - Highest genius
* >200 - "Unmeasurable genius"

(They are not my words, something google gave me so I don't know how reliable it is)

According to one of the internet tests I did apparently I'm in the same league as a Nobel Prize Winner.

Yeah right... I still get shit on my hand when I wipe.

Sam Warrior

Feb 13, 2010
I have an IQ of 127 which is nicely above average, I know this is my IQ because I had a professional test when I was being diagnosed dyslexic, the ones online are a load of rubbish if you ask me.

Sam Warrior

Feb 13, 2010
Looking at this thread I struggle to believe that almost everyone on here has an IQ over 120, this tells me that either everyone on the Escapist is bloody clever (possible) or that people havent had proper IQ tests which frankly I think is more likely. Considering the average is 90.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I think IQ tests are better suited for identifying retards than geniuses.

\
Optional Opinion said:
* 115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)
* 125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)
* 135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)
* 145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)
* 155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)
* 165-179 - High genius
* 180-200 - Highest genius
* >200 - "Unmeasurable genius"
Wow, this simply proves how retarded IQ tests are. Id be suprised if this chart is legit.

This chart would tend to mean that your IQ increases with job status in academia, and that the highest levels of genius are useless, as winning the nobel prize would dumb you down. If you don't do anything nobel prize worthy, what was the point of being a super genius, exactly?

For the record, most nobel prize winners aren't any different from a lot of other research professors; they simply had a valuable and important insight that drove their entire field in a new direction. Like this years nobel prize winner for chemistry or physics-- the graphene guy-- he just told his grad student to rub graphite back and forth on a piece of scotch tape, then scrape it on a piece of silicon.

And what the hell is an "intellectual?" Someone who didn't go to gradschool but makes pedantic posts on the internet all day?

Im generally going to go with Einstein on this, who said "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Looks like I got a 127. Not bad I guess since apparently the average person who takes that gets 100 (says the website I took it from)

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
*twitch*

Online, free, self-administered intelligence tests are not valid, due to a lack of norm grouping, lack of publisher over-sight (providing test manuals including the integral information on a test), no administrative consistency, and no consistency in the environment in which the test is administered.

If anyone is interested in having their intelligence tested, visit your school counselor, and explain your interest. They can tell you what to do. If you are in college, your school should have a testing center. If not, go to your counseling center.

If none of these options apply to you, you can still visit a local college to get the information necessary to have yourself tested legitimately.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
IQ tests don't work.
And online IQ tests, well, I'm not clicking on that link, for fear of having to change my phone number because it'll charge me $3 to recieve an hourly text.
And they plish your number, so there's no way in hell I'm clicking on it.

So, no. My IQ is 6.