what is your most favorite RTS unit

xam883

Oct 18, 2010
I thought this would make a good topic on the forums. My favorite RTS unit would have to be the shogun executioner from command and conquer red alert 3. If you played with it then you should understand why.

Corkydog

Aug 16, 2009
I think Empire Earth or some game like that had a mage or wizard or something that could call down earthquakes, disease, and volcanoes on enemies. It was awesome.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
Hmmm... It has to be a toss up between Roaches from SC2 due to looking and being awesome (Especially the dissolving in acid death animation they cause) and Zerglings in SC2 for just being extremely fun to use (Cracklings on creep + Micro management brings a smile to my face)

Yeah... No bonus points for guessing my favorite SC2 race ;)

Also does it count if I have a hero map for SC2 that allows me to play Kerrigan? If so then I may have to pick her for some totally gameplay based reasons... >.>

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009

Mr. Eff_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2009
The Scots Guard from Medieval II: Total War. They were both exceptional infantry and archers, being well armoured and having strong attack, so an entire army of them could stand on their own.

Foobula

Dec 26, 2009
Dawn of War 2 Fire Prism. Fear the fire of the crystal ray!
Or SupCom2 Loyalists, just cause they look so cool

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Probably the Sooprizer or the Pulinsmash from Supreme Commander 2. I just like building 10 Pulinsmashes and have them sit outside enemy bases.

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
Fat Boy - A massive rolling fortress and factory from Supreme Commander

These bad (and fat) boys roll around at two miles per hour and are equipped with 12 battleship tier guns, 2 anti air cannons and have the ability to create any unit they want to in a short time..

Did I also mention it has a shield generator, can go underwater and can dock air craft on its roof..

The only thing that can stop these beasts is strategic bombers or well calculated artillery..
And of course the horrible spam technique..

MaxP779

Jan 21, 2011
Wasent there already a thread about this? Anyways its this thing, monkeylord experimental spiderbot:

Comes with 4000dps microwave laser, not over 9000 but it gets the job done :)

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
Lord Kloo said:
These bad (and fat) boys roll around at two miles per hour and are equipped with 12 battleship tier guns, 2 anti air cannons and have the ability to create any unit they want to in a short time..
Well, you have to wank around with the config files if you want them to build T3 land units or aircraft, and it looks a bit silly watching one trying to build a battleship.

Also, if Valkyria Chronicles counts as RTS (it is, sorta) then my favourite unit is clearly Jann, sweetheart.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
Line infantry from E:TW Upgrading them throughout the game until you fight someone who hasn't upgraded them. EPIC WIN