What is YOUR troll food?

Kabutos

Oct 21, 2008
ColdStorage said:
ZING, you got me there, I told you why you got a probation.
Actually, the point I was trying to make is that I wasn't complaining about being warned; it was more about how it seems that you were complaining that I should have been.

ColdStorage said:
So you agree that low content posts should receive mod wrath, it says there that "put effort into your posts".
Please tell me where it says that (even though I believe I did put in effort in finding that image).

Because all I see is:
Engages its audience and facilitates discussion.
Well, we've established that it did.
As readable as possible and on topic.
It was.
Correct spelling and grammar.
There weren't any grammatical errors that I know of.

EDIT: I believe that filling the above criteria constitutes as 'putting in effort'.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Kabutos said:
ColdStorage said:
ZING, you got me there, I told you why you got a probation.
Actually, the point I was trying to make is that I wasn't complaining about being warned; it was more about how it seems that you were complaining that I should have been.
I wasn't complaining, I was telling you "if you make a low content post", you get mod wrath.

look here:
Low Content posts have always been wrath worthy, we like discussions here, just posting a picture does nothing
I was explaining to you why you got mod wrath.

Once again, this is why these threads normally get locked, all your doing is arguing semantics, rules are rules.

dems be the breaks dawg.

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
You know what? "First!" post all end by themselves, after 2-3 of them. But the "BAAAAWWW he's not a real reviewer anyway!", those don't ever stop. Those keep crushing your balls for eternity to kingdom come.

Kabutos

Oct 21, 2008
ColdStorage said:
I wasn't complaining, I was telling you "if you make a low content post", you get mod wrath.

look here:
Low Content posts have always been wrath worthy, we like discussions here, just posting a picture does nothing

Once again, this is why these threads normally get locked, all your doing is arguing semantics, rules are rules.

dems be the breaks dawg.
And I'm trying to explain that I didn't technically break any rules. You seem to be ignoring what I'm saying and just repeating yourself. You say that we all like discussions and posting a picture does nothing, when I've just explained how it did. Step by step, even.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
Kabutos said:
ColdStorage said:

look here:

dems be the breaks dawg.
And I'm trying to explain that I didn't technically break any rules. You seem to be ignoring what I'm saying and just repeating yourself. You say that we all like discussions and posting a picture does nothing, when I've just explained how it did. Step by step, even.
So you want your probation over turned?

Have you gone via the appeals procedure that comes up when you get your probation?, have you PM'd the mods? PM'd Kuliani?

Even with your step by step explanation, you still just posted a picture only, mod wrath ensues.

The funny thing is you was earlier bitching about a flamewar going on that wasn't been dealt with, guess why?, I was busy telling a user that he got a probation for making a low content post and its taking up a bit of my time.

Kabutos

Oct 21, 2008
ColdStorage said:
So you want your probation over turned?

Have you gone via the appeals procedure that comes up when you get your probation?, have you PM'd the mods? PM'd Kuliani?

Even with your step by step explanation, you still just posted a picture only, mod wrath ensues.

The funny thing is you was earlier bitching about a flamewar going on that wasn't been dealt with, guess why?, I was busy telling a user that he got a probation for making a low content post and its taking up a bit of my time.
Actually, if you had read my post, you would have seen that I didn't get put on probation. I was only answering the OP's question. In fact, I didn't even protest it; I just gave my example and made a little humorous jab.

For some reason you decided to come in and try to justify why I was warned, when I didn't try to contest it in the first place. You then went on to imply that I wouldn't have posted if I knew mods were watching (which is false, by the way).

You say that, even with my step by step explanation, I only posted a picture which incurred mod wrath. The entire point I'm trying to make is that I didn't technically do anything against the rules, which you should have gathered from my step by step explanation.

The reason I mentioned the flamewar was because I was trying to illustrate how you seem to take more offence at my post rather than the two users yelling at each other. I fail to see why, when you first entered this thread, you prioritized a simple remark above the flamewar that was happening.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
I find trolls humorous and I like to feed them. Thats because I take a very non serious approach to the internet. I remember when the internet became available and the first chat rooms I ever saw. Me and my immature friends used them to talk about sex and laugh at people who shouted obscenities.

I think that people change much less than we think, as I still laugh at all this stupid shit. I recognize that it can destroy an online community, but its just too damn fun to watch. However, I only like trolling when its occasional. If this site was nothing but trolls, like youtube commenters, I'd never visit the site.

I realize how hypocritical all of this is, but at least its the truth and not the edited, watered down, and over positive opinions, of most people on this site.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
Kabutos said:
For some reason you decided to come in and try to justify why I was warned
Yep, I told you why you got a warning.

You seem to have taken a huge issue with it though, even though you state you don't care about it.

Kabutos

Oct 21, 2008
ColdStorage said:

You seem to have taken a huge issue with it though, even though you state you don't care about it.
All I am doing is explaining how I didn't do anything against the rules. I'm not trying to contest it, or whine about, or take a huge issue with it.

However, my issue is that you seem to keep ignoring what I say and just keep repeating that 'Low content posts are wrath worthy", when I have explained again and again that my post was in no way violating the rules. I even broke it down step by step, and yet you still seem convinced that I somehow did.

I never said I don't care. I said I didn't contest it. There's a difference, especially when you come in here and belittle me.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
Kabutos said:
ColdStorage said:

All I am doing is explaining how I didn't do anything against the rules. I'm not trying to contest it, or whine about, or take a huge issue with it.

However, my issue is that you seem to keep ignoring what I say and just keep repeating that 'Low content posts are wrath worthy", when I have explained again and again that my post was in now way violating the rules. I even broke it down step by step, and yet you still seem convinced that I somehow did.

I never said I don't care. I said I didn't contest it. There's a difference, especially when you come in here and belittle me.
see this is the issue i'm talking about, you seem to think my sole purpose of today was to belittle you, you said "I got a warning for this"
I said "yes dude, low content post"

Your the one carrying on this debacle, I'm merely answer you, post a low content reply and you get mod wrath, I've said this several times.

You also stated the new forum rules, but your warning came before they were published, back when the forum guidelines clearly stated "no low content posts".

The way your acting is how a troll would act trying to undermine a moderators actions, which I know your not doing because of your previous conduct, but thats how your coming across buddy.

Everything in context is fine, yeah of course it is, if someone makes a thread discussing decapitation and someone posts a picture of a dead guy, its in context? yes it is? is it ok? NO ITS NOT.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
derelix said:
*Shlumph!*
Yyyup. Sure do love them speeches. But your argument is basically flawed in that you believe nothing can harm a troll and nobody is capable of doing it. Silly. You basically elevate the kind of human being we don't like here to the gods with that kind of statement. But all the while, I could not take any of this seriously. Your argument was designed to attack what I had already clearly done, an act which bore fruit and had proved a point long before it was ever mentioned here. You could not erase a fact, so there was really nothing at stake here.

Every post you've made here has this clear-cut desire to irk and an unwillingness to accept that some people can do what others cannot. If you didn't believe in it, or weren't affected by it yourself, then you shouldn't have said anything. But I am a stubborn fellow. I can't simply just let an unfair thing lie down. A troll is a bad thing, and should be handled. They don't just fly away, after all. After years of dealing with aggravating people in life, I found my happy little medium. Everything works out in the end. What more could anyone want?

Kabutos

Oct 21, 2008
ColdStorage said:
see this is the issue i'm talking about, you seem to think my sole purpose of today was to belittle you, you said "I got a warning for this"
I said "yes dude, low content post"

Your the one carrying on this debacle, I'm merely answer you, post a low content reply and you get mod wrath, I've said this several times.

You also stated the new forum rules, but your warning came before they were published, back when the forum guidelines clearly stated "no low content posts".

The way your acting is how a troll would act trying to undermine a moderators actions, which I know your not doing because of your previous conduct, but thats how your coming across buddy.

Everything in context is fine, yeah of course it is, if someone makes a thread discussing decapitation and someone posts a picture of a dead guy, its in context? yes it is? is it ok? NO ITS NOT.
Your entire argument seems to be founded on the basis that I made a 'low content post'. I apologize if it seems that I'm trying to prolong this argument, but all I am trying to do is explain that I didn't make a 'low content post'. I'm not trying to get it 'overturned' or whatever, I simply gave an example for the OP.

I've given my arguments as to why it wasn't a 'low content post', however all you have done is repeat yourself over and over again, without giving any reasons as to why it is a 'low content post'.

I'm sorry if you feel that I'm trying to undermine you, but like I said, all I'm trying to say is that I didn't break the rules.

Also, I hardly think what I did is comparable to posting gore.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
Kabutos said:
Your entire argument seems to be founded on the basis that I made a 'low content post'. I apologize if it seems that I'm trying to prolong this argument, but all I am trying to do is explain that I didn't make a 'low content post'. I'm not trying to get it 'overturned' or whatever, I simply gave an example for the OP.
I know this, I merely stated to you why you got mod wrath. Your the one that escalated the argument.

I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't.

If I don't reply to people I'd get "the mods don't reply to us", trust me I get these sort of messages all the time.

Your comment referencing to the OP I can guarantee you that in future, I'd get a message about it stating that "mods don't do shit for the community"

Kabutos said:
Also, I hardly think what I did is comparable to posting gore.
You misunderstand me, that was more of an analogy type comment, you stated that in context your post was fine, I made an example as to why in an extreme case it wouldn't be fine.

Kabutos

Oct 21, 2008
ColdStorage said:
I know this, I merely stated to you why you got mod wrath. Your the one that escalated the argument.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I can see why low content posts would incur mod wrath, but the point I was trying to make is that I made a joke that never was meant to be a meaningful post. I meant it as something to look at for a couple seconds, chuckle, and move on. It's unfortunate that it appears to be against the rules, but I suppose it's like you said; them's the breaks.

I feel this has gone on too long now, and I apologize for it getting a bit out of hand, as well as for the fact that there are people feel that the mods don't do enough for the community, but oh well.

Happy Kwanzaa.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
If I read this correctly, then I feed trolls by not realizing what I'm doing until exactly .001 milliseconds after it's been done and making an argument.

And I have occasionally made a personal attack here, and an ignorant and abrasive statement there, but I try to stay in line.

But, it's far too late for me to even think of getting a Neo badge on here.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm usually able to compose myself before my inner troll is released.

...Though, it is caged by frail and fragile bonds.

robotam

Jun 7, 2010
I someimes begin to write something that I might get in trouble for, but I usually change my mind and delete it. Even being a chicken is better than being a troll. But sometimes I like to go to the zoo (youtube comments) and watch the trolls.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
I thought you meant this at first http://yourfreepics.org/Troll-Food.html

But yeah other than that I got nothing

ThreeDogsToaster

Aug 14, 2010
FalloutJack said:
I don't feed trolls. I poison them. To me, a foolish troll is like the mouse to a cat, and I'm definitely playing the cat. You expose the jerk for what he is and all the while look like a cunning badass in the process. Then, when he's been thoroughly nom'd, the mods come and scoop the kitty litter away. Meow!
Wow. That was one of the dorkiest things I have ever heard anyone say. Thank you, that is all.