What keeps you up at night?

Fluffythepoo

Sep 29, 2011
Lack of physical activity usually keeps me up at night.. ive never had trouble sleeping after a hard day's work or after playing a hockey game (or just any sport.. sept chess), but if im on the computer or even just inside all day fatigue doesnt usually kick in until 9am the following morning at which point ill already have a pot of coffee brewed

VegBerg said:
It's too hot with the blanket, but too cold without.
yah the fuck is up with that, or when you fall asleep with the blanket on and then wake up shivering with it off.. i should be making the decisions regarding blankets subconscious, you sneaky little bastard

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
The sound of my blood whooshing through my ears. Seriously. That's why I haven't slept all night and it's now 09:06 (AM for you who don't use the 24-hour clock). I could probably go to sleep now though because I'm so fricking tired...

Another reason is when my brain won't shut up. It'll jump from topic to topic like an experienced talk-show host on speed. Sometimes I'll almost be asleep and I'll think, "Thank GOD!" ... And then my brain hears me and immediately shakes me awake by rushing off into another topic of great interest like whether or not lactose intolerance is genetic, or wondering what is the complimentary colour for green.

I hate my brain.

Yomandude

Dec 9, 2010
What keeps me up? Why, my good fellow, you're on it right now!

Also 4chan. For all its faults, that place can be hideously addictive. HIDEOUSLY. Addictive.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Neighbors setting of illegal fireworks, ambulances rescuing elderly people scared by said fireworks, firetrucks coming to extinguish fires started by said fireworks, police sirens taking away the people who set off said fireworks, that new neighbor who likes to throw parties on the weekends & holidays, the neighbor's neighbor who keeps getting arrested for having psychotic outburts....

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
The creaking halls in the pitch black night. The sourceless howl in the moonlit glow. The silent screams of the spirits of the damned. These are the nightmares that make the night never end. Also your mum.

Really, I'm just a very nocturnal person. even as a baby I preferred the night.

Evilpigeon

Feb 24, 2011
Extreme stress, just made a big change in my life and worrying about what's going to happen is keeping me up all night every night. That and numerous games but that happens anyway :p

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
100 degree heat, an absence of AC, and the puddle of sweat that has overtaken the entirety of my bed.

I want to spread the word that the summer is responsible for gay marriage, teen pregnancy, and the debt crisis so the Republicans will make summer illegal.

Oct 10, 2011
Thinking too much. Usually I sleep fine though, even with loud noises and bright lights. Also, heat. My comfortable temperatue is about 60 F when im just wearing shorts. Doesent happen that much in summer.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
hunger. yes, hunger
if i eat one bite too less for dinner, i feel like i have a mace-ball sitting in my gut.

painful, annoying, sleep depriving, AND HAPPENS ALL THE BLOODY TIME.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
INPUT! INPUT! Need more INPUT!

I have an addiction. An addiction to information. This is less useful than you would expect.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
I may suffer from insomnia, but I may just have circadian rhythm issues.

Let me elaborate: I'm up until 3 AM or longer every night, regardless of whether I try to sleep or not, unless I woke up early enough to give me sleep deprivation, like during the school year. I think that the biggest reason for this is the fact that my brain can't shut the hell up and let me sleep, or the fact that I don't physically exert myself enough during the day. When I wake up, it's generally 2 PM, meaning that I've usually had at least a 10-hour sleep. I wake up with a headache, exhausted, desperately wanting to sleep again. This is a symptom of circadian rhythm problems which I can't fix because my own god-damn thoughts are constantly keeping me awake and alarms in the morning piss me off so much that I actually got physically violent with the last alarm clock I've owned after its first use. It broke, by the way. A lot.

It's 3:33 AM where I live. I'm going to try to sleep after this. Hopefully I'm not up for long enough to hear birds tonight, like I am sometimes.

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
My little brother who insists on watching Hamtaro before bed.

In Japanese.
Or Spanish.
Or French.
Or German.
ect.

Or if I stay up watching something on Netflix, or if I'm on a roll in a game, (which is rare because normally the more tired I am, the more I suck! XD).

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Too many reasons:

-I'm a night owl.
-Internet/Video games. I live in a household of 4 and none of the people here like anything I like, so for the same reason, I can't play videogames while they're around because I get comments like "Oh, just put on the TV to something everyone likes" and "Stop wasting your day playing dumb games!" or just plain bored sighs/stares. So I have to wait until everyone goes to sleep in order to do that. Which is like at 2am. -_____-
-My brain won't shut up.
-The need to express my thoughts about random subjects, even if it is to myself only.
-Slight insomnia.
-Hunger.
-The extreme weather in the desert.
-I have oversensitive sense so I hear everything and I mean everything that happens around me, even the neighbors. A faint draft also catches my attention. And when I see something flicker on the corner of my eye, my mind starts to wander. I'm like a freakin' scaredy cat. Literally.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
My narcolepsy.

As it turns out the cause of narcolepsy is the lack of a chemical compound called hypocretine (possibly misspelled), hypocretine is what separates the the three stages of sleep/wakefulness, so basically when I want to sleep I can't, and when I want to stay awake I get tired. That's how my doctor explained it, and it's also why I'm sitting in a Lay-Z Boy recliner at 2:47 AM browsing the internet.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
The caffeine that I streamline has a pretty nasty side effect of making it hard to go to sleep.

I suppose that counts. Were you expecting something creepy or scary? Nope. Just caffeine.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
CODE-D said:
Its called insomnia and its a *****.

Also zombies scare you? Zombies are the lowest on the horror food chain.
Theres much worse.
Oh, trust me, I know. It's just my imagination can make something like that horribly vivid.

Eventually I did get to sleep, and I had a horrible nightmare...

Somebody made me watch my little pony...YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE, BRONIES!

Mar 9, 2010
I just sort of stop bothering to go to sleep at normal times and end up going to sleep as the sun rises. I can't be bothered to go to sleep essentially.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Creepy pasta stories tend to do it. I read or listen to them during the day and not feel bothered about them until nighttime, then my own imagination keeps me up at night.
Some nights I stay up late to spend time with my boyfriend.
My brain won't shut up. I keep thinking about dreams I would like to have and they happen, but my brain gets carried away with ideas. Or my brain will keep telling me about all my worries and insecurities and that can go on for an hour until my reasonable side kicks in and tells the bad side to feck off.