What keeps you up at night?

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
MDMA mostly ;) but as a retired single man i dont bother to keep normal hours anyway i sleep when im tired take a nap when the feeling strikes and stay up for a day straight if im doing someone fun.

i do not miss those sunday evening laying in bed trying to sleep because you have to get up the next day.

take today its 12.30 am here , 2 friends just staggered back from the pub and ive been conscious for about 2 hours. so a few breakfast beers for me then probably stay up till around noon playing a game of civ, i love my life ;)

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
I rarely have issues getting to sleep nowadays...but I stay up late either by being distracted by the internet, or watching a film late (I find I can't play games when I'm tired ): )

When I actually can't get to sleep it's because I've seen a mildly scary film that has scared me shitless, or I'm worried about something.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Fear. Fear of not waking up or something happening to me while I'm asleep. I like to sleep when everyone else is awake. feels safer that way

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
These days its the thought of starting my shitty new dull depressing drone like void of thought new job that I've basically been forced to take.

communist dwarf

Oct 17, 2011
Hypersomnia. It means that I'm always tired but can never get to sleep. I could take some expensive ass medicine but my insurance was cut because despite the fact I am unemployed, I make too much money for the state to feel bad about me.

captcha: bike rider

I could buy a motorcycle with the imaginary money the government thinks I have... Maybe I could sleep then

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Nothing at all. I don't take any of my mental baggage to bed with me as it can always wait until the next day. Also, I love sleeping too much to sacrifice it for gaming or Internet surfing, unless it's the weekend in which I have the time to do all of them.

TheDist

Mar 29, 2010
communist dwarf said:
Hypersomnia. It means that I'm always tired but can never get to sleep. I could take some expensive ass medicine but my insurance was cut because despite the fact I am unemployed, I make too much money for the state to feel bad about me.

captcha: bike rider

I could buy a motorcycle with the imaginary money the government thinks I have... Maybe I could sleep then
Uhhg, I'm sorry man.

I knew a guy with the same thing, he said when he finaly did sleep it'd be for like 15+ hours and still he'd wake up tired as hell.

I'm usualy able to sleep well, however I've got cubital tunnel syndrome in my right arm, the side on which I normaly would sleep. Forcing myself to sleep on my back is bad enough but rolling onto my arm when I finaly do get to sleep isn't a fun way to wake up.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
Well, I'm a night owl. Everything keeps me up and I function the best then. Whatever I want to do, I do it the best at night. Because it's peaceful and nobody's bothering me. Also, things that keep me at up the best are games, movies, reading, writing, stargazing... All of my favourite things taste better during the night (or can only be done during the night).

Captcha: fancy pants. Okay.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
The Escapist and YouTube mostly. I generally don't have a lot of trouble getting to sleep unless I either have too much going through my mind or can't seem to get comfortable.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
The heat. And I know what you're thinking.
"But BroadyBrio, you live in England? It's not that hot."
Oh but it is. For me. Seriously, fuck summer. At least in winter, if you're cold, you can add more layers to yourself. In summer, I'm normally shirtless and still boiling. I can't remove my skin now can I?

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
In the summer I live during the nights. During the days the plant pollen makes me sneeze uncontrollably. So does the brightness. I end up doing the Albert Wesker: wearing sunglasses indoors. Then the combined heat, pressure on my sinuses and the constant sneezing gives me huge headaches, not to mention the awful taste of plant that sticks in the back of my throat 24/7 and occasionally leads me into bouts of hacking coughs.

So during the day I have two choices. Either dose up to the eyeballs on antihistamines, ibuprofen and sinus relief capsules or get blind drunk. The first option only half works and the other is far too expensive and detrimental to my health.

At night I can breathe freely, it's cooler and the air is less humid. Quiet, too. For those moments when I'm not deafening myself with music.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
The fact that there is srs bzns to be conducted online. Or games to be played. Or TV to watch.

bat32391

Oct 19, 2011
likalaruku said:
Neighbors setting of illegal fireworks, ambulances rescuing elderly people scared by said fireworks, firetrucks coming to extinguish fires started by said fireworks, police sirens taking away the people who set off said fireworks, that new neighbor who likes to throw parties on the weekends & holidays, the neighbor's neighbor who keeps getting arrested for having psychotic outburts....
Sounds like a great neighborhood.

OT: I saw a clip of a show called Salad Fingers that freaked me the hell out. And since then I kinda can't got to sleep.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
VegBerg said:
It's too hot with the blanket, but too cold without.
This is the thing that plagues me during the summer times. And the winter times as well, now that I think about it.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Random Fella said:
Nouw said:
Eczema. It drives me crazy when I can't sleep because my face is itching.
Yeah, this pretty much
It's damn horrible when you have it in the eyelids
Yeah, especially when you yawn/cry and it stings :(.

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
Silence. It's nearly impossible for me to sleep if the room is dead silent, since my thoughts tend to keep me awake. If there's a fan or air purifier on in the room, then it helps to soothe my thoughts. That and my embarrassing thoughts. Hey, since nothing interesting is going on, why don't you vividly recall that incident in 9th grade when you defecated in the school garden because a toilet was overflowing in the boys bathroom right as the rest of your class was headed outside to go to the computer lab? Fuck my brain sometimes.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Nouw said:
Random Fella said:
Nouw said:
Eczema. It drives me crazy when I can't sleep because my face is itching.
Yeah, this pretty much
It's damn horrible when you have it in the eyelids
Yeah, especially when you yawn/cry and it stings :(.
and when you get it on your ears, and when you use earphones they just become ruined :l

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Creepy Pastas usually. Lately though, I've discovered It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Louie. Both are great shows and I have been watching them every night.

I also frequently rewatch episodes of Community because of how awesome they are.