What makes a guy attractive?

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
lettucethesallad said:
Cleanliness, confidence and bone-structure. An interesting face tends to attract me more than generic-pretty, like Ridiculously photogenic guy, he doesn't really cut it for me. But I'd say that intelligence, ambition and ability outweigh most superficial qualities any day.
Bone structure? what an odd fetish; can you elaborate? For curiosity sake of course.

Not trying to insult you, just perplexed.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
For me, I often look for men with strong, well defined features. Jaw, neck, shoulders and arms mostly. Hair is important too. I prefer guys with clean, well kept hair and not the messy shit a lot of guys are doing nowadays. Nice facial hair is a bonus.

Smelling good is important too. I find that when guys were that really strong cologne, I tend to stay away, no matter how attractive they are. If it's faint and not overpowering, then I'm okay. Honestly, I'd prefer it if they just stuck to the body wash.

Facial symmetry is key too. If you take a look at celebrities like Ryan Gosling, Neil Harris, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth etc, you'll find that their faces are very symmetrical.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
MegaManOfNumbers said:
lettucethesallad said:
Cleanliness, confidence and bone-structure. An interesting face tends to attract me more than generic-pretty, like Ridiculously photogenic guy, he doesn't really cut it for me. But I'd say that intelligence, ambition and ability outweigh most superficial qualities any day.
Bone structure? what an odd fetish; can you elaborate? For curiosity sake of course.

Bone structure often refers to the face. High cheek bones, strong jaw line etc. If someone says you have nice bone structure, then probably mean you have an attractive face.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Suicidejim said:
I haven't got a clue. Reading the above comments confuses me, simply because I seem to have a girlfriend who finds me attractive in spite of all the above things I lack.

Also, on another point, I have a couple of scars across my stomach from an operation I had as a kid, and for some reason my girlfriend seems to think they are incredibly sexy, and she's not the first girl to voice this opinion either. I don't suppose anyone has a clue about that one? Because I can never get a decent answer other than "They just . . . are."
I think Cracked had an article on attractiveness that included scarring. I can go look for it if you want.

OT: I kind of thought that the expansive upper-body thing was going out of style, but it appears (from this thread, anyhow) that I'm wrong.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
If what the woman in my area choose is to go by, they like the Jersey Shore looking party loud mouth douche bags. Obviously not the case for all woman, my area just sucks.

poodlenoodles

Nov 17, 2011
i have been told that i have cool eyes by some, weird eyes by others. maybe it's because one eye is blue and the other is green....

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
MegaManOfNumbers said:
lettucethesallad said:

Face-wise I mean. :) Cheek bones, jaw bones, the proportion in between, symmetry... Doesn't mean that every guy's face needs to look the same, but an interesting facial bone structure goes a long way to create angles and stuff.

Case in point:

Prominent cheek bones, interesting size ratio between cheek- and jaw bones, just an all-around angular face. See the way it catches the light?

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Well according to my wife as well as a few past relationships.

I have been told that I have nice hands. (they seem much more slender than normal guys)
That I have nice hips. (I'm very skinny so my hips are really pronounced.)
That I have nice feet. (I personally don't think so, but she says I do so)
That I have a nice ass. (Errr... its a skinny ass?)

-shrug- Generally it seems that chest and hips are universal body parts that are attractive on a guy, at least in my experience.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
CruisingForBiddies said:
CrashBang said:
I used to be a weedy emo kid when I was about 16 and a lot of girls loved it (I'm not a ladies man at all, I just mean girls at the time were into that). But now I'm a fairly big, broad guy (AND I HAVE A BEARD!) and my girlfriend loves the manly, protective guy look. Good for me.
This is all I can picture is a bug, rugged lumberjack with a beard now... Its my dream to one day look like that.
Ditto, bro. It's my dream to look like a member of Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Relish in Chaos said:
As a heterosexual male, I?m just spitballing here, but I?d wager that, like with women, a tight ass is attractive.

A lot of women do but, you know, I've never understood the attraction to a man's ass. I don't think I've ever checked out a guy's ass, even when it's pointed out to me that a guy has a nice one.

Captcha: love is blind

Lies.

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
LilithSlave said:
that sounds creepy. I guess what I'm saying is I'd like to be some guy's confidence boost and be able to hug him until he feels all better. I like a guy that displays some kind of emotional weakness I can grab onto. Not someone who would be hard to deal with, but someone at least I feel like I could give a compliment to and it would mean a lot to them. Hey, who said guys shouldn't be moe?

... Yep, I'm a creep.

I guess I've always had this fantasy of finding a cute, nice, gentle, troubled guy, and hugging them forever. Even if it doesn't make sense, it sounds incredibly romantic.
You, sir/ma'am, have explained this a lot better than I did!

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
Confidence.

There's nothing that's even close to making people as attractive as confidence.

Mariakko

Nov 21, 2011
The only time I've been hit on is when I forgot to pack my razor on holiday. So facial hair?

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
CrashBang said:
This is all I can picture is a bug, rugged lumberjack with a beard now... Its my dream to one day look like that.
Ditto, bro. It's my dream to look like a member of Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster.
I see your collection of rugged looking men with various facial hair and raise you Amon Amarth.

Also apparently at zombie killing. Which makes sense, because of how rugged and strong they are.

OT: I think that the only universal factor is that you're a nice, honest guy. Aside from that, I've been with girls who like beardy and hairy chest, like it all shaved (to a resounding no fucking way), liked me when I'm shy and nerdy, liked me when I'm confident and boisterous. Every so often, I even run into women that just don't like me like that.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
GRATUITOUS GROIN THRUSTING!

OHHHH YEAAAHHHH

I groin thrust on a regular basis, and im such a sexy beast that i even look good in passport photos.

Also beards.

Floggo

Mar 30, 2010
From what I've gathered from the compliments from girls I've talked to, I spose - Eyes, Shoulders, chest, height, smile etc. etc. etc. another one has told me hairy blokes are attractive, but I doubt that any girl wants to be with a sasquatch Scotsmen. But essentially, a Hugh Jackman sort of bloke.

Your once and future Fanboy

The Norwegian One
Feb 11, 2009
I myself have no idea what makes a guy attractive, and I'm bisexual.
It's wierd, but unlike like with women, describing what I find attractive in men is really hard. I like different men after what sort of mood I'm in.
If I feel like being cuddly and embraced, I think about someone the same height and build as myself or bigger.
If I'm feel like being the protector (best wording I thought of right now, but it feels ackward) I think about someone smaller and more femenine in apperance. But i don't like skinny guys (i.e your typical 90's skater as seen in early episodes of Jackass)