What makes a guy attractive?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I find Jack Black really attractive so I'm probably not the best girl to ask lol. I like intelligence and a wicked sense of humor.

Appearance isn't a such a big thing for me.
CruisingForBiddies said:
These guys are pretty much my 'type' I think.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
As far as physical traits go, I like guys with angular facial features and a slim/fit body structure. I don't like long hair or facial hair, and actually prefer very short or no hair. I like a military look, maybe just because I was in the army, myself.

Other that, how a guy conducts and takes care of himself is pretty important. As for money, I have no interest someone else's money, though I don't want to be anyone's "mom", either. I'd be much more interested in what he does for a living and if it's something cool, though.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Palademon said:
I've been told I have a nice ass.
But they haven't seen my pale ginger ass outside of clothes...
So what, underneath your trousers you're cheeky captain redbeard?

DevilWithaHalo

Mar 22, 2011
Expecting to see multiple varied and somewhat contradictory answers...

...I am not disappointed. Next week's topic; what do women want?

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
I've been told I have a sexy jawline. Other than that it's pretty much just been that I'm "handsome" or "fit" with no specifics.

Jackhorse

Jul 4, 2010
BluebellForest said:
Do you only think of men from a genetic standpoint? I can't make up my mind as to whether thats cold and mechanical or a display of selfness nobility and sacrifice for your future offspring. Of course you could argue that we necessarily only view people from a biological stance whether we admit it or not, our only real interests in a mate lying in the ensurance of the survival of our genes, and that any other position fails to take into account human nature as evolutionarily determined. Ok, I'm arguing with myself now and am going to stop.

OT: I've been told it breaks down into chest, arms, abs and arse for girls. Similar to how you may be a breast man you'll get ab girls. This is only garnered from gossipping with friends though and so is only worth some anecdotal evidence. I have always been personally suprised by how many girls like arse, I've been told before that mine is cute and suffered enough smacks and pinches at parties by my more bold female friends.

M4t3us

Oct 13, 2009
"Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye,
Not utter'd by base sale of chapmen's tongues" - Shakespeare

As to say, beauty (read attractiveness) is in the eye of the beholder!

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I've been told by a lot of girls they like my deep voice. It's calming and protective sounding apparently. As for my physical features... only comments i've gotten are my fairly built forearms and strong neck. Rest of my body is pretty meh as I went from being obese to healthy in a year of extreme working out so I have some loose skin to fill in to. Gross I know ><

So I guess girls look for some muscle and voice I guess?

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
Jackhorse said:
Do you only think of men from a genetic standpoint? I can't make up my mind as to whether thats cold and mechanical or a display of selfness nobility and sacrifice for your future offspring. Of course you could argue that we necessarily only view people from a biological stance whether we admit it or not, our only real interests in a mate lying in the ensurance of the survival of our genes, and that any other position fails to take into account human nature as evolutionarily determined. Ok, I'm arguing with myself now and am going to stop.
It's true that most of what we call 'personal preference' is in fact due to our genes trying to ensure their survival, but I can happily say that a) I don't view men this way in actuality, I was just stating my understanding of why I feel that way to better the understanding of the Original Poster and b) I'm not having kids anyway so having a solely evolutionary view of men would be entirely unnecessary for me :L

If I had also gone into what I like emotionally in a man I assure you the picture would have been very different :L

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
BluebellForest said:
Matthew94 said:
Every time I hear shy people mentioned it's usually with a lot of disdain coupled with a few attacks against them.
Maybe it really is just me who likes shy guys then :S

Oh I crack myself up!

Returning to seriousness; I couldn't really say what I find attractive about shy/underconfident men, it could be due to believing them to be more trustworthy (eg not as likely to cheat on me) or it could be some sort of yet-undiscovered dominance complex I have, whatever it is I just find shy guys adorable and a little sexy (so long as they fit my afore mentioned physical prequisits of course), but I certainly don't see any reason to attack them or treat them with disdain.
You mean there are people out there who find shyness attractive?

There's hope after all : D

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
If I knew what women wanted in a man I probably wouldn't be hanging around here so much. *sigh*