What makes you known on the Escapist?

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Uhm, my squirtle avatar I guess, I wouldn't say i'm that famous, a few people know of me.

Russian_Assassin said:
Nothing. I'm knee deep in obscurity and no one loves me :(
Aw, I love you <3

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Vnwater said:
Nothing... :(
DarkenedWolfEye said:
Absolutely bloody nothing.
Of course you aren't known, you haven't even posted 100 times! The well knowns have posted over 5,000.
O.T. I don't think I'm very well known, maybe by a few in the forum games, and 'cos of my avatar.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Nothing, nobody recognizes me when I show up and I'm never mentioned in those "Whose avatar is the best?" "If you could only save four members of this forum which four would you save?" popularity contest threads. I think its my username its too generic.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Neonbob said:
I've been referred to as "the nuke the whales guy" before, after all.
I CALLED YOU THAT!

OT: Look at my avatar. It's beautiful.
I had to kill a Diablos to get this thing.

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
For being teh baconiest!

I doubt many people know me on here, but I they do, I'd like to think it's because of high quality posts. Or even the occasional avatar that I make for people.

I'm far better known on the IRC channel, even though I haven't been on there in a while. Any IRC regulars reading this, I'll be back after my exams. ;)

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Erm, I dunno, I don't intend to be "known", I'm here for discussion, not to make friends if I'm honest. I don't see why anyone would want to be popular on an Internet forum, but thats me.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Nothing I think. My wacky sence of humor may be known to a few, maybe, but that's all I can think of. I tend to just be a lone wolf. Post my opinions and then leave.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Possibly for my somewhat unusual replies to questions. I would like to think I am fairly known around here.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Aylaine said:
Not sure. You would have to ask someone on my friends list. Being known is like a reflection of how others see me, so I wouldn't do my known-ness if any justice by saying something outright and having it not be true. :)
Well in just about every post I've seen from you, you've made a smiley face on the end of your post, so I would venture to say that you're known for your smileys. Also, you make some interesting posts.

OT: I'd have to say my avatar. I've gotten at least two dozen PM's about it since I've had it.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Probably for the Kerrick avatars that you used to see around here all the time. I still make them for people, for the most part, but with the exception of a few people, it would seem that fad has passed for the general communiity...

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
I don't think very many people notice me. I don't post particularly frequently. Possibly my avatar.

Does anyone on here actually remember any of my posts?

Searleski

Aug 14, 2009
Nothing as far as I'm aware of. I'm just a face in the crowd keeping a vigil in a wilderness of mirrors.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Worgen said:
my avatar fucken ROCKS!!! *THROWS UP THE HORNS* METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That it does.

I think I'm vaguely recognized for the Black Mesa avatar (but there's bound to be other users who use the same thing), along w/ calling Kaidan (from Mass Effect) Kai-Kai. That's probably it.

And woo, 2000th post!