What MMO have you had the most fun in?

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Ragnarok Online, pre all the trans classes.
I've played tons and tons of mmos and this was one of the few where exploration was just insanely fun and the variety of monsters and their abilities was pretty cool. Also the fact that classes played so differently was great.

Liudeius

Oct 5, 2010
Probably MapleStory actually. The ENTIRE GAME sucks. I would make it my life's mission to burn every single copy of it if it were single player, but the community is so friendly. It is extremely easy to find cool guilds to join.

For actual gameplay, Runescape. It's the only MMO I've played in which quests are actually enjoyable, rather than just Kill/Loot Everything busy work, and a story line exists.
It's also the only MMO in which combat is not the entire focus. I think that's why it gets so much trash.
Add on that it is the least money grubbing MMO I've played, and that would be why I've been playing it for eight years.

H1N1 said:
The only mmo i've played is Vindictus and i really like its gameplay compared to most other mmo's.

edit: at least from what i've seen
"The only mmo i've played"
There's quite a flaw in your statement there...

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
I don't know, honestly. I'm taking a break from the mmos I play. I've actually been playing a lot of terraria lately.

H1N1

Nov 8, 2010
well from what i've seen WoW plays like dungeon siege or diablo, and from what i hear every mmo is based off of WoW which isn't my kind of thing.

Chromanin

Apr 6, 2010
City of Heroes. Man, those were some good times. Rockin' with your superfriends in game and then hitting the message boards to talk with the other nerds about what comic books we're currently reading, what comic movies are gonna' suck, what we think will happen on the next episode of Justice League Unlimited. Some of the best days of my life. No joke.

Dranae

Apr 19, 2011
Vindictus was really fun to play (especially soloing the bosses), but I got bored of it around level 20.

I've spent most of my MMO time in WoW, but I think I've had the most fun in Aion just exploring and looking at the pretty scenery.

Rift also deserves a mention for when a main invasion happens.

Krxis Rowe

Apr 2, 2010
For me, it would either be City of Heroes, or Dungeon Fighter Online. Those were both quite nice to me over the years.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
ive only played a few. Tibia is my favorite, and i still play it today. been playing for 6 and a half years

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
*looks at avatar* I have no idea...

Yep, Guild Wars. Definitely.

Tried World of Warcraft, and it just didn't grab me.
Tried Aion, got pissed I can't fly till level 30.
Tried Last Chaos... *shudder*. Seriously, don't play that game. Free to play and still overpriced.

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
Raddra said:
Probably the original Everquest, pre-planes of power.
This for me also. The original trilogy, Velious.

I still remember having to meet my friends in Qeynos. We each started at separate places. I had to trek through the snow drifts, and gnoll-infested Blackburrow to get there, and I had never done anything like it before. In retrospect it was a pitifully easy experience, but for me it was the first persistent 3D world that you could traverse with others, so it was pretty special.

I think I remember reading an interview with R.A. Salvatore who did the very same thing and listed it as one of his fondest memories in playing online.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
WoW, and I still find it fun currently.

I've decided to take a break from it though. Canceled my account and everytime.

May come back to it at some point.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
I had a blast in ROSE Online when I was younger. About 11 or so.
Damn, I can still remember the beautiful music...

HontooNoNeko

No more parties?
Nov 29, 2009
Ragnarok online was by far the funnest. I have played so many MMO's I can;t even remember them all but not a single one has ever even come close to the amount of fun and memories I had with that game. Even though it has been years since I have played it I can still remember the map layout and the path between all the towns and the music will remain in my heart forever.

Also even though auction houses are probably quicker and more efficient for trading having to use merchant vendors to sell items to people was awesome. Running through the town looking for the best deals on that specific potion or gear before someone else could grab it was fun as hell and I want those days back damn it.