What Music do you Like?

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
The favorite genres are heavy/thrash metal and Swedish trallpunk, but I like all forms of music where the musicians put some effort into it.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Let's just say my music taste is a lot different than most people's taste on here.

While I do like my progressive Metal, and Grunge is a genre that is close to my heart (I own nearly every single major Grunge release), at this precise moment it's all been Downtempo, and Trip-Hop, two genres that are very unappreciated in electronic music.

Trip-Hop is as they call it the Bristol sound (as Grunge is called the Seattle sound), which came out in the mid 90's to describe a style of Downtempo with heavy Hip-Hop influence. Most Trip hop music can be described as Hip hop but without the rapping, but keeping it's instrumentals such as the beat, samples, and scratching, and replacing it's rapping with mostly dreamy female vocals (however there are exceptions). Some trip-hop also has Acid Jazz, Shoegaze, R&B, Drum and Bass, Alt-Rock and Lounge elements in it too.

These song are hand picked by me as the best examples of Trip-Hop.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Person Dude said:
SanguineScale said:
Most recently?

This kind:
I can't get enough of it....
Is this even music? I don't mean that to be offensive, it's just so perplexing that I don't know what it is. It's like industrial metal only they took out the metal and put in ambiance.
It sounds like Industrial mixed with Avant-Garde style Noise/Drone music.

Not my cup of tea though, as Drone, Noise, and Industrial are some of my worst Genre's. Especially Drone, dear god, that stuff is like a huge pile of turd. I have never heard a song in that genre that I have in the very least liked.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Rock N' Roll and Metal.
Bands like: Iron Maiden, Bonfire, Queensryche, Kiss, W.A.S.P., Stratovarius, Hammerfall and the list goes on.
The Escapist to me seems to have a pretty varying taste in music and that's a nice thing.

IGNOREME

Jun 1, 2010
kittii-chan 300 said:
I like anything that won't give me a headache. That means no electro, screaming, heavy metal or dub step. I also can't stand it when artists are too lazy to write their own music (pop artists mainly) so they decide to ruin a good song from an actual band (with instruments) by singing over it with a piano backing track. so no pop either. I also don't like old rock where the recording is really terrible or its just dull and boring. That means no aerosmiths, the jam, jimi hendrix or guns n' roses.

I like Ska but only madness and the specials so far. I'm left with Green day, Red hot chilli peppers, paramore, snow patrol, kings of leon, the coral and system of a down (yes I kow screaming and metal but it doesn't give me a headache and it has nice soothing sounds... in-between the smashing your head against a bass drum.)
I think you might like Dance Gavin Dance. It has screaming in it, but the singer's voice (IMO) is really pretty and I think he's one of the best clean vocalists out there. Give this a listen! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K71ZEN4bHaA&feature=relmfu

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
I mostly listen to classical. My favorite composers are Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Rachmaninov, Mahler, and Scriabin.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
I'm usually an indie/alternative guy... but recently I have become completely addicted to the works of Doctor Steel. One reviewer on iTunes described his music as "a Frankenstein-fusion of funk, grunge, rap, metal, and pretty much anything else that gets your feet moving". A magazine once described his genre as "hip-hop industrial opera". Yeah, he basically defies accurate description. His fans are also very good at making music videos.

<youtube=WVvlVHdLCx0>

<youtube=DGlr9iNBejA>

kittii-chan 300

Feb 27, 2011
Person Dude said:
kittii-chan 300 said:
I like anything that won't give me a headache. That means no electro, screaming, heavy metal or dub step. I also can't stand it when artists are too lazy to write their own music (pop artists mainly) so they decide to ruin a good song from an actual band (with instruments) by singing over it with a piano backing track. so no pop either. I also don't like old rock where the recording is really terrible or its just dull and boring. That means no aerosmiths, the jam, jimi hendrix or guns n' roses.

I like Ska but only madness and the specials so far. I'm left with Green day, Red hot chilli peppers, paramore, snow patrol, kings of leon, the coral and system of a down (yes I kow screaming and metal but it doesn't give me a headache and it has nice soothing sounds... in-between the smashing your head against a bass drum.)
I think you might like Dance Gavin Dance. It has screaming in it, but the singer's voice (IMO) is really pretty and I think he's one of the best clean vocalists out there. Give this a listen! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K71ZEN4bHaA&feature=relmfu
The guitar was ok but the intro was a bit off or something like that. also I'd rather be able to understand what the hell they're saying... It's like one of those really disorienting japanese music videos...

I like music thats like THIS-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4JW0vkxzgs

or like THIS-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77KIULVzbt0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

THERE I NO IN BETWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (joke ^_^)

I didn't really like it anyway... though I did like uneasy hearts weigh the most by them. (except for the unimaginative overuse of the word 'fuck'...)

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I'll listen to pretty much anything. I'm rather drawn to the Progressive or experimental; for example the band in my avatar having delved into the genre's of Black Metal, Folk, Avant-garde, Ambient, Classical, Electronic and Jazz in their extensive career. So I'm pretty much open to any kind of music and in particular I like those that blend or defy genre.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Alternative rock, classic rock, thrash metal, a little bit of death metal, alternative metal, nu metal, and a little bit of rap.

But I'll listen to anything I like, and the haters are most definitely going to hate.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Japanese. i usually only listen to anime OSTs and OP/END.
Something along this lines:
and this
and

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I listen to and enjoy quite a lot of music:

Please indulge in my gripe, but why the fuck was this literally buried under a fucking mountain of guitar interpretations... they sound shit! (Excuse me...)

There was a time I liked metal, but haven't listened to it in so long... -_-

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Hip-Hop (90s; Nas, Scarface etc), and Classical (Romantic, Chopin is my absolute favourite).

But today?

This:
EDIT:
SckizoBoy said:
How funny, two Chopin Etudes in two posts! I'm seeing Pollini next year! Very exciting.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Rock, metal, Screamo (some, others I can't stand) Indie Rock, J-Rock, J-Pop, some pop, a tiny bit of rap, a tiny bit of country, K-Pop, K-Rock, Video game/movie scores, soundtracks...

Damn I can't think of anything else XD

DAMN; How could I forget Dubstep? [EDIT]

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Mostly ambient like
Brian Eno
Eluvium
Carbon Based Lifeforms
Aphex Twin
Gas
Kelly Bailey
Biosphere