What Music do you Like?

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
I like all sorts of music genres... I think I may have to just list off some from my itunes:

Viking Death Metal, Death Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Metal, Harcore Punk, Punk Rock, Hard Rock, Rock, Indie Rock, Country and Blues.

Which I believe covers pretty much everything I've heard aside from all the Pop, R&B and Rap stuff that is often on the radio...

I do like the fact that my tastes are so varied as it gives me music for all moods as well as the ability to talk about music with a lot more people (Advising and being advised on bands to check out and talking about individual bands and songs)

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
My music tastes can't really be all that defined by genre, but rather by individual songs.

I like some trance and some metal, as well as a bit of... other stuff.

Bands/artists I do listen to include:
- Turquoise Jeep
- Cipher System
- Factory of Dreams
- Chris Dane Owens
- Sonic Syndicate
- The Unguided
- Empyrean
- Souldrainer
- Psyclon Nine
- Behemoth
- Sirenia
- Killswitch Engage
- Deathstars
- Dimmu Borgir
- Asking Alexandria
- Samael
- Elegant Machinery
- Anything from Ark Music Factory (so bad it's good)
- Travis and Jonathan
etc

Plus a few songs from:
- Arch Enemy
- Bleeding Through
- After Forever
- Emperor
- Keep of Kalessin
- Scar Symmetry
- Nightwish
- Threat Signal
- Cradle of Filth
- Illidiance
- Delain
- Hackneyed
- Trivium
- In Flames
- Lacuna Coil
- Within Temptation
- At The Drive-In
- Arcturus

So yeah, I'm a bit all over the place.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
I don't mind listening to pop on the radio, for the most part, but my itunes library consist of; Homestuck and other assorted electronica tracks, The Mars Volta, other Prog rock, Stereophonics, The Black Keys, Hatsune Miku and other Japanese artists who I can't really name, and some soundtracks like Game of Thrones and Howls Moving Castle!

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
I like a lot of indie and alternative music, as well as modern rock and 'singer/songwriter' style stuff. I've never got along with metal of any kind, nor a lot of modern pop or dance music. I am partial to the odd bit of electronica now and again though, but I despise the lack of melody that defines 'dubstep'. I also get bored by 'classic rock', but then, I'm clearly but a young upstart who knows nothing of the days where real men wore leather trousers and makeup...

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Independant and alternative mostly. Some electronica thrown in for good measure.

The last band I was really impressed with was The Joy Formidable.

I've been lazy with music though. I hear The Kills and Class Actress have new albums out and I haven't even listened to them yet.

Recommend me something if you're in the same vein. I enjoy perusing new submissions.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Personally, I prefer a variety of music, including, J-Pop/J-Rock, Alternative, Pop, Rock, Celtic, Reggae and Metal.

Kapri

Jul 20, 2011
Kenbo Slice said:
KefkaCultist said:
Kenbo Slice said:
KefkaCultist said:
Kenbo Slice said:
KefkaCultist said:
Kenbo Slice said:
KefkaCultist said:
I listen to almost anything except county, I can't stand that garbage (I'm sorry if you actually listen to country music. Sorry because I said it's garbage and sorry because you listen to it), but I mostly listen to all things metal.

Some of my favorite bands are: Chimaira, Nightwish, In Flames, Otep, Psychostick (cool points to anyone who knows that band), Black Veil Brides, and Dir En Grey.
Psychostick is pretty amazing I must say :p

What's your favorite songs by them?
Yes finally! Not enough people know of them.

Anyway, hard for me to choose a favorite, but I'll go with Two Ton Paperweight since it's the first song I heard by them and I can play it on guitar. Their new album is the best so far though in my opinion. Trying to learn Hate Times 8 on guitar at the moment.

I recommend seeing them live eventually if you haven't. Slow-mo mosh pits kick ass.
Two Ton Paperweight is my favorite too. I also like We Ran Out Of Cd Space, Beer (of course), Sadface, Hate Times 8, This is Not a Song, It's a Sandwich, and Minimum Rage.

I always imagined they'd be really good live. Too bad I don't mosh :p
Yeah, I edited my post to just include everything lol.

I don't usually mosh either, but the crowd at the Psychostick show I went to was smaller (maybe 50 people at most) and there weren't any assholes throwing punches so I joined in.
Ah now I'd probably mosh there. Every show I've ever been to there's always assholes throwing punches and just beating on people which is why I never mosh.
Yeah those kind of people ruin moshing. Shoving each other and having fun is fine, but leave the mixed martial arts in the octagon.
Ha, my friend actually trains in Muay Thai, and one time he was moshing and there was this asshole ruining for everyone and my friend literally knocked him the fuck out.

Twas funny :p
Hahaa! Those people deserve. I was at a Flogging Molly show and there was this Neo Nazi shitnozzle throwing elbows. My friends and I applauded as security went into the mosh pit, drug him out, and the moshing continued. That's the definition of poetic justice.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Kapri said:
Kenbo Slice said:
KefkaCultist said:
Kenbo Slice said:
KefkaCultist said:
Kenbo Slice said:
KefkaCultist said:
Kenbo Slice said:
KefkaCultist said:
I listen to almost anything except county, I can't stand that garbage (I'm sorry if you actually listen to country music. Sorry because I said it's garbage and sorry because you listen to it), but I mostly listen to all things metal.

Some of my favorite bands are: Chimaira, Nightwish, In Flames, Otep, Psychostick (cool points to anyone who knows that band), Black Veil Brides, and Dir En Grey.

Anyway, hard for me to choose a favorite, but I'll go with Two Ton Paperweight since it's the first song I heard by them and I can play it on guitar. Their new album is the best so far though in my opinion. Trying to learn Hate Times 8 on guitar at the moment.

I recommend seeing them live eventually if you haven't. Slow-mo mosh pits kick ass.
Two Ton Paperweight is my favorite too. I also like We Ran Out Of Cd Space, Beer (of course), Sadface, Hate Times 8, This is Not a Song, It's a Sandwich, and Minimum Rage.

I don't usually mosh either, but the crowd at the Psychostick show I went to was smaller (maybe 50 people at most) and there weren't any assholes throwing punches so I joined in.
Ah now I'd probably mosh there. Every show I've ever been to there's always assholes throwing punches and just beating on people which is why I never mosh.
Yeah those kind of people ruin moshing. Shoving each other and having fun is fine, but leave the mixed martial arts in the octagon.
Ha, my friend actually trains in Muay Thai, and one time he was moshing and there was this asshole ruining for everyone and my friend literally knocked him the fuck out.

Hahaa! Those people deserve. I was at a Flogging Molly show and there was this Neo Nazi shitnozzle throwing elbows. My friends and I applauded as security went into the mosh pit, drug him out, and the moshing continued. That's the definition of poetic justice.
Kapri said:
Kenbo Slice said:
KefkaCultist said:
Kenbo Slice said:
KefkaCultist said:
Kenbo Slice said:
KefkaCultist said:
Kenbo Slice said:
KefkaCultist said:

Ha, the same thing happened when I was at an Attack Attack! show, except it wasn't a Neo Nazi, it was some douche scene kid.