What old games can still stand against new titles?

Dindril

Jan 16, 2009
I'm not looking for responses by fanboys or people who have not played the game since it was released. I want to see answers from people who play all the new games, and have gone back and tried (or retried) older games. (as long as it was released before the 360, it should count, but the older the better)

My answer would have to be Silent Hill (the first one). I don't really know exactly why, but when I played the first silent hill for the first time (Which happened earlier this year) I had more fun then I did with most more recent games (I can't think of any title inparticular, I'm just being vague). Two was also really good, and three was too, but the first one surprised me.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
I'd definately say the Monkey Island series and Grim Fandango. I've also heard good things about LOOM, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Full Throttle.

Other than that I'd suggest Mafia, Deus Ex and Max Payne.

I can guarantee that Money Island and Mafia can stand against new games as I replayed them recently.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
PacMan, Tetris, original Fallout, and obviously enough the original Duke Nukem.

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum!!"

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Crash team racing - the PS1 bonanza which still means on any karting game (mainly mario Kart) i jump off EVERTHING to get a "hangtime Boost".

Morrowind was great too.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
sirbryghtside said:
And, for like the 500th time, Morrowind.
I dug out my Morrowind...and by Odin's beard, I've forgotten just how epic that game is.

What I didn't forget is how to make an uber character. XD

EDIT: I'll pit Contra III, Warcraft II, and Heroes of Might and Magic against just about every game that comes out.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
I'm actually mildly surprised -and pleased- no one mentioned Ocarina of Time.

KotOR, Starcraft (Just visit Korea!), Warcraft 3 multiplayer (DotA <3).

Dammit =_= Someone would post Ocarina of Time while I was writing this. Sod's goddamn law.

Clirck

Mar 19, 2009
Max Payne, Tetris [well it's basically a flash game now], Mafia.

I only disagree with Super Mario, that plummer a**hole has to go.

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Goldeneye, the N64 Zeldas and (this surprised me the most) Body Harvest for the N64. Pokemon still has a place in my heart too, as does the origional Final Fantasy Tactics.

EOT

Jun 5, 2008
Baldur's Gate II is one of the best CRPG's ever made. Still well worth a play through. Bioware at their best.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
I've been on an Amiga kick the last couple of days so I'll list some Amiga games I tried that are still good. Dyna Blaster, Gravity Force 2, Micro Machines, Wizkid, Zeewolf.