What point in any game/movie/show made you go: "Holy shit."

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
DISCLAIMER, DISCLAIMER, THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS. DO NOT BLAME OTHERS FOR NOT PUTTING SPOILER TAGS OR BIG FUCK-OFF MESSAGES LIKE THIS AT THE START OF EVERY POST. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Welp.

Red Wedding. That's about it.

So, after catching up on Game of Thrones and loving it, now I am shocked like shit. I always heard people go "Oh, are you up to the Red Wedding yet?", so I kind of expected it to be bad. But no-where near as bad as it was, nor as I thought it would go. Holy shit.

But then again, the episode after in includes Hodor shouting "HODOOOOOOR" down a well. It kind of makes up for it.

Another one would probably be the part in The Walking Dead with Carley and Lily. For me, Lee just made a move on Carley and it seemed the finally, the group might finally get some rest. And then, during a talking scene, when people are arguing, all of a sudden a bullet explodes her face. Holy shit.

So, Escapists, Escapistables, Escapistsed, what moment in any media, gaming, movies, shows or otherwise made you go, "Holy shit."

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
The first thing I thought of was the first time I saw the Gaping Dragon in Dark Souls. "Holy Shit" is the appropriate reaction.

Then, again, when I first saw Gwynevere.

Also, the first time I played Silent Hill...pretty much the whole time. There are many SH moments like that, but there is one that makes you go WTF!? instead of Holy Shit, and it happens right before the final boss of SH3. Claudia....just wow.

Captcha: Not in Kansas....no shit

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Big reveal in Star Ocean 3.

First time seeing scissor man take out the elderly security guard at the school campus in Clock Tower.

The scene in Training Day were Jake get's dragged off to the tub by the mexican gang bangers. Felt too real for comfort.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
KoudelkaMorgan said:
There are many SH moments like that, but there is one that makes you go WTF!? instead of Holy Shit, and it happens right before the final boss of SH3. Claudia....just wow.
I know the scene. I sat there going "NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE" for about two minutes after I had control of Heather again.

OT: "Second Sight"'s ending. It's the Sixth Sense of gaming, quite frankly, except not many people know about it. Just go find a copy and play it, it's an excellent game with a very well-written story. I refuse to spoil it, you HAVE to try it for yourself.

Also, every single moment of "Beyond Atlantis". All of them. As in, the WTF/Holy Carp on Stick moments never cease.

BARQ

Mar 18, 2013
Keep in mind I'm only up to season 3 here-
Hands down when Hank is in a desperate shootout with the Cartel twins in the middle of Breaking Bad SE3. Holy crap I was squirming and screaming in my seat. Or the plane collision at the end of SE2. OR HOW ABOUT WHEN A GODDMAN LIQUIFIED HUMAN BODY FALLS THROUGH THE ROOF LIKE GEEZUS.

Basically most of Breaking Bad, to be perfectly honest.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
BARQ said:
Keep in mind I'm only up to season 3 here-
Hands down when Hank is in a desperate shootout with the Cartel twins in the middle of Breaking Bad SE3. Holy crap I was squirming and screaming in my seat. Or the plane collision at the end of SE2. OR HOW ABOUT WHEN A GODDMAN LIQUIFIED HUMAN BODY FALLS THROUGH THE ROOF LIKE GEEZUS.

Basically most of Breaking Bad, to be perfectly honest.
Damn straight.

Breaking Bad. All the time. Every episode.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
imahobbit4062 said:
Lil_Rimmy said:
Is there a particular reason why people shouldn't put spoiler tags? That's kinda what they're their for. Not to mention there is absolutely no need to not use them. Stop being so lazy and stop encouraging others to be lazy regarding spoiler tags, especially when they're talking about specific moments.
I said just don't blame people for not. I never said nobody should, but I hate it when people go into threads clearly marked SPOILERS - All ye who enter be warned, and then start complaining about spoilers. Sorry if you read it wrong or something, but I said don't blame people for not putting spoiler tags, not:

Viva la Revolution!

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
The Walking Dead TV show's Third Season, when you see Andrea fight the Zombie and then you see her reaction in the next scene to it.

There's also Angela's final scene in Silent Hill 2, when I discovered what the dialogue was leading to.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Movies:
-Old Boy: The ending reveal.
-Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 Essentially everything different they did from the original series.

Games:
-Half Life's Resonance Cascade.
-Spec Ops The Line, when it starts becoming crazier after the White Phosphorus scene.
-FEAR The first time I activated slow motion, shooting at the Replicas.
-Silent Hill 2. All of it.
-BioShock Infinite: The first glimpse at Columbia, as well as the ending. I had gone in a total information draught of the game, so I would not get any spoilers at all, so it impressed me hugely.

Music:
-Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2. I was deeply impressed by it.
-Bach's Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor.
-Listening to Sviatoslav Richter's recordings. All the time...
I'm always impressed by what one can do with music. That's the reason why I decided to be a musician, seeing what I myself can do.

OldKingClancy

Jun 2, 2011
Off the top of my head, one of the most memorable Holy Shit moments was in Game Of Thrones season 1, the scene with Ned Stark, you know what I'm talking about if you've seen the show.

The Red Wedding would be on there but after season 1 I went out and read the books so I knew it was coming (still shocking to read) but Ned I had no idea about, the fact they had Ned played by the most recognisable face in the cast was a stroke of genius and really fucked me over.

Other than that, well it's less 'Holy shit' and more 'Ah fuck no', the final episode of Spartacus and what became of Gannicus, he deserved better.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Pacific Rim, the moment where Gypsy Danger approaches the yaeger terrorizing Newt in Hong Kong, dragging a freight ship behind them while the sexiest baseline played in the background.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Every other story mission in Saints Row 4. I adore that game.

"Wait, you named it PAUL?!"

And there's a bit where Gat wakes up for the first time in years naked, disoriented, unarmed in an alien ship and immediately goes on an unstoppable murder rampage. Deadliest being in the universe. Fact.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
There was this point in The Walking Dead[footnote]The comic book, not the TV series. I don't even watch the TV series.[/footnote] where a certain character died. I was shocked like crazy. While theoretically speaking, anyone can die in The Walking Dead, I always felt that certain characters who had been in the comic from day one would never die. That they would always be a part of the cast. But this death taught me that anyone, absolutely anyone, can die. Even this character. And that was a huge shock for me.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Off the top of my head I can tell you it was one of the third season episodes of Mad Men involving a farming device.
You know the one.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
During the new Star Trek movie, when the USS Vengeance was revealed. It shreks the Enterprise before Kirk can fire a single shot.
<youtube=y8BYyBLsCUk>

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
Many parts in Spec Ops: the Line, mostly

the aftermath of the white phosphorous scene, when you find out you killed a bunch of innocents, and the very end of the game, where you learn that Konrad was all just a delusion of the deranged player-character's mind. "Do you feel like a hero yet" indeed.

There are no better reactions than "Holy shit" to that.

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
Attack on Titan when the Female Titan slaps everyones shit... which happens a lot.

One for gaming was back when I got the achievements for not being hurt at the end and not getting hit by the specials in L4D, I felt like a Zombie master after that.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
I see a very glaring lack of The Usual Suspects in this thread. I am here to remedy that. The end of that movie is a huge "Holy Shit" moment, especially the way the movie weaves its plot threads. Maybe, if you're attentive enough, you can figure out the ending twist. If not, you're maybe going to figure out what is first set up as the twist, but then blasted from the orbit by the real twist.

Seriously, people. Go. Watch. It. Now. No excuse. And then watch it again after a while, and it's still damn good. It's almost as if it was made to be watched at least twice.