What point in any game/movie/show made you go: "Holy shit."

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Xcell935 said:
I'll just list my more recent "Holy Shits":

Game: Metal Gear Rising's final boss... I won't ever bother spoiling it, its a hell of a treat.

Movies: Pacific Rim, and special mention to the Avengers, simply for the fact that every time I watch that third act I think to myself "THEY ACTUALLY MADE THIS MOVIE! HOLY SSSSSSSSSSSHIIIIIIIIIIT!"
Everything Xcell935 said, plus another moment in Rising: when Raiden blocks Ray's tail and "Rules of nature" start playing. It was so sick.

Oh, and few others:

1. Final Fantasy X: When party finally got to the church during wedding to save Yuna, and then they slide from the Airship on ropes. And music during this scene? Quite amazing.

2. Bayonetta: When her father send a building towards her and she simply shruged and HEADBUTTED it back.

3. Stephen Kings "It": the scene, when kids decided to "strengthen their bond". But it wasn't "Holy shit, that was awesome!" moment, but rather "Holy shit, did I really read what I just read?" moment.

4. Spec Ops The line: white phosphorus scene.

5. JoJo's Bizarre adventure: First time Jonathan used Sunlight Yellow Overdrive. It was especially good in the anime version.

ArithianFlame

Jun 11, 2013
The Dark Knight

"I'm going to make this pencil disappear."
*THUD*
"Ta-daaa! It's magic."

ಠ__ಠ

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
cojo965 said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Pacific Rim, the moment where Gypsy Danger approaches the yaeger terrorizing Newt in Hong Kong, dragging a freight ship behind them while the sexiest baseline played in the background.
Um. 1. Did you pay attention during the movie? If you did you would know that the Jaegers are the mechs and Kaiju are the monsters. 2. It's Jaeger. Sorry if I sound rude, I'm a Grammar Nazi like that.
I did, but it's been around two months since I've seen it and I can't be forced to remember the movie's fascination with non-English phonetics and spellings.

Resetti's_Replicas

Jan 18, 2010
Robot Wars: Hypno Disc's first battle; versus robogeddon

Battlebots: Nightmare vs Slamjob

"This. Is not Meth"
Box Cutter
"To my other favorite WW"

Nov 28, 2007
I have to repeat this one, because it was definitely the case: the Red Wedding. Seriously, I was reading the book series first. Hit that scene, put the book down, came back to it a bit later once I fully absorbed that yes, that really did just happen.

This is a bit of an old one, but in Mass Effect, Virmire. Sure, it's not as big of a deal now, but that was my first time playing a game where I was given a choice like that, where no matter what, something bad will happen, and there is no third option.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
CrazyGirl17 said:
Spoilers, obviously.

Movies:

"Church, there's no such thing as ghosts You're one of them. You're an AI. You... are the Alpha." Holy Shit, I did not see that one coming. Sure, it makes sense in hindsight, but still, wow
Yeah, that one also blew my mind but the ending was just the biggest shock of all that I literally at the rewind just to make sure I heard it right.

"From the former director of Project Freelancer, Dr. Lenard Church."

In fact that whole speech he gives at the end of the season always gives me goosebumps no matter how many times I hear it and manages to bring a tear to my eye, Red vs Blue: Reconstruction is one of my favorite seasons of that show thanks to those moments.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Just finished playing Arkham Asylum (god that game is so much fun, steathly games are awesome) the part where as I'm walking up to Scarecrow to stop his latest diabolical plan to screw over Gotham, Killer Croc jumps up from the water and practically eats the strawwed fellow.

It scared me a little. I expected Croc to show up, and I know all of Gotham's villaims barely tolerate each other, but dude didn't need to be eaten. 'shudder'

I had a lot of other moments like when I was a younger player. I blame you people for making me a more jaded player.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
I just watched Primer recently. I went to read about it on the internet because I was like "the fuck just happened".
Found out
Aaron had tied his "clone" or previous self or whatever in his attic, and that is what his girlfriend hears while thinking they have birds in the attic. Holy shit!

Zidane is a clone and gets all depressed. Was not expecting that, then Vivi is the one to give Zidane's lessons right back to him.

Game of Thrones book 5
Mr. Snow is killed. WTF, they can't kill him, Martin has been building his character for so long....I sense a resurrection or something. I was like "he didn't just fucking die. Uhhh...whens the next book coming out? 5 years? Fuckkkkkkkk!!!!!!"

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Movies: Every five minutes of Pacific Rim, I whispered to my self, "...Ho-ho-ho-holy Sh-hit-it". That was the most fun I have ever had in a movie theater.

Also: Scott Pilgrim V. The World, Scott's fight against the Fifth and Sixth Evil Exes made my eyes go wide and they stayed there until the fight was over.
King Kong, the T-Rex fight. Of course, the whole fight against those things get me emotionally jacked (but that's a different post for a different time), but that's another one.
And a nod to Serenity for the entire final act.

Games: Brutal Legend for the 2nd to last final battle. I just bought the game again to replay that entire fight.
Red Dead Redemption, and I will not say why, just that if you've made it to the end of that game, you will probably agree.
Metal Gear Solid 4, but you can say the same thing of all the games, Two and Three have my favorite "Holy Shit!" moments.

BoredRolePlayer

Nov 9, 2010
Far Cry 3.

I was thinking, how could they get a M rating pretty much showing sex while GTA:SA ended up with a AO.

DyqstARD

Jul 20, 2011
The most recent Fallout's endings shocked me, as well as a few encounters in Skyrim too. But i'd say when I first saw the graphical fidelity of Halo 3 as I played the first mission simply blew me away, and still sits on top for my biggest Holy Shit moment in games.

Mr. Happy Face

May 8, 2013
A Serbian Film. You almost can't go five minutes without a holy shit moment. And the ending...holy shit.

Incidentally, I don't recommend anyone watch it. I'm a cynical bastard, and that move disturbed the crap out of me.