What popular games do you hate?

Broceus

Sep 2, 2010
Anything by Square Enix, SquareSoft, or Enix.

these people make games with a story focus. OK, that WOULD be fine if these people COULD FUCKING WRITE WORTH A DAMN!

and they don't even make good music! how the fuck does final fantasy have a "crowning music" page on TVTropes!? it isn't bad but is just plain mediocre.

Fucking overpraised japanese george lucases, what they are...

BiggyShackleton

Nov 15, 2008
JackandTom said:
sanguinator said:
JackandTom said:
For me it has to be assassins creed 2. I just didn't like it. Or Transformers war for cybertron, or mario galaxly 2 for that matter. Whats your opinion?
those ere actually all of the games i was going to say. do you like ac1 though? i thought ac2 sucked but ac1 was good.
Yeah, the first one was more original. And, i may regret saying this, i prefer Altair to Ezio...
Altair was for me a better character.

And as for my game it'd have to be Half Life. Apart from the Gravity Gun I felt it was just a boring/repetetive game.

Syrus Vikeruce

Jul 12, 2010
Kingdom Hearts. The original sections are all right but it's not worth the amount of money for a new game. Copy paste of Disney movies ftl. =/

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
playinthedark said:
Red Dead Redemption. There I said it. I don't know how you make a western-themed shooter boring as batshit, but Rockstar managed it with flying colours.
I have to agree with you in part. I didn't hate the game, but I lost most of my interest about half way through. I had to force myself to finish it.

saiyanwarrior

Jun 14, 2009
halo 2 that was piss easy, halo 3 was too fucking short to justify forty notes and not one word about multiplayer I dont buy games for that, COD 2 again to fucking short and the multo player was shite good multiplayer is something like red faction 2

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
OhJohnNo said:
PureChaos said:
the Halo series. every time a new one comes out there are SO many threads made about it on here that it has put me off.
Ohhhhohohohoh. You just wait, mate. You just wait till Half-Life 2 episode 3 comes out. I doubt there'll be a thread that isn't about it anywhere on this subforum.
i hadn't thought of that. don't expect to see much of me the week that comes out.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Halo: for being boring
God of War: for, well kratos being an asshole
Fallout: also boring
Elder Scrolls 4: never played to, watched some one else play and was bored
Diablo: never been able to get into it, thus 3 fills me with 'meh'
and apparently Guild Wars: >.> seriously, is NOT that good, its pretty, but dull over all

hawkeye52

Jul 17, 2009
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
Wafflestomper99 said:
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
Deus Ex. Hated it, SO MUCH!

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Overcomplicated in MANY aspects (though it's a little more realistic, IT'S A FUCKING FANTASY GAME), mods wouldn't work for me (though I could probably get them to work just fine now, I haven't bothered to try. Maybe when I get bored of New Vegas).

That's... That's about it, I think.
You really wouldn't do well in Elder Scrolls 1-3 then because they kind of dumbed it down to make it more accessible and streamlined for #4. Although I still think Morrowind was the best entry in the series.

Anyways, I'd have to say The Final Fantasy franchise, Halo games after Halo 2, and The Fable sequels. I loved Fable to no end and in my opinion they did the sequels the opposite of justice. I honestly don't see how they get great reviews.
Fucking hell, that's AFTER simplification? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, I'll never be able to get into these games. x_x
really... that was one of the most simple rpgs you can get aside from the ME series. try NWN2 or any other game that runs on the D&D engine

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
Halo-series. (I liked the first but only when playing with friends, back when playing with someone meant you where in the same room)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. (Again I liked the first one, but the second was overated.)
Transformers: War of Cybertron. (I do not get why anyone likes this game.)

Goombuster

Jun 7, 2010
I'm going to get a lot of shit thrown at me for this, but....

Half Life 2. It just wasn't my sort of thing.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
thought of 2 mroe to add to my list:

God of War series: I've tried 1 and 2. God these games are boring.

Devil May Cry series: Seriously, Dante is a boring character, and the combat's crap. Bayonetta was everything Devil May Cry wishes it was.

J-dog42

Aug 1, 2010
World of Warcraft. I cannot for the life of me see how there are 12 million people playing that rubbish.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
PureChaos said:
OhJohnNo said:
PureChaos said:
the Halo series. every time a new one comes out there are SO many threads made about it on here that it has put me off.
Ohhhhohohohoh. You just wait, mate. You just wait till Half-Life 2 episode 3 comes out. I doubt there'll be a thread that isn't about it anywhere on this subforum.
i hadn't thought of that. don't expect to see much of me the week that comes out.
Heh, same. Unless I get bored and go a'trolling. Which I probably won't do because it'll get me on probation at least unless I'm very careful and very skilful.

*imagines that going onto HL2:EP3 thread and shouting "ZOMG HALO IS BETTER" would not be either of those and would probably earn the hatred of everyone else on the forum to boot*

Also, this thread is a testimony to the whole "haters gonna hate" thing. 90% of the entries are people saying Halo, CoD and Final Fantasy. Meaning the majority of the Escapist population doesn't like those games. So they're not popular, at least not around here. IRONY!

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Probably Dragon Age : Origins. Perhaps 'hate' is too strong a word for my opinion on it, but I just found it fairly boring all-round.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Let's get started...

I hate...

Halo, all of it: The multiplayer mode is decent. Everything else about the game is a pain. I have yet to play much of Halo Reach... which appears to have better storyline, and a lack of Master Chief. That's always good.

CoD, all of it: The story mode always bores me. The multiplayer mode is below average, (the only reason Halo's is decent is because I'm really good at it.) Knifing people is fun... I guess.

Sport Games: Because I'm a nerd and they bore me...

Assassin's Creed 1 & 2: I'll try to think of a rational for that later... -_-'

Borderlands: ^ See above reason.

Gears of War: The game is far too full of muscle men killing things and has no actual substance. I hate EVERY character in the game. This is only counting the first Gears of War, considering I was smart enough not to play any games related to it...

There is probably more, but that should suffice for now.