What popular games do you hate?

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
I can't manage to play that much of Mass Effect, but I really want to. Every time I play, I end up just getting bored... but I keep trying because I've heard Mass Effect 2 is a lot better.
Mass Effect 1 is all story with shitty everything else.

Mass Effect 2 is a vast improvement with characters and combat, but they lose some of the detail and the story is great, but not as great as the first one.

So yeah, try to stick with it, Mass Effect 2 is one of my favorite games and I'm waiting in anticipation for ME3.

But that's just my opinion.

Wafflestomper99

May 14, 2009
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
Deus Ex. Hated it, SO MUCH!

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Overcomplicated in MANY aspects (though it's a little more realistic, IT'S A FUCKING FANTASY GAME), mods wouldn't work for me (though I could probably get them to work just fine now, I haven't bothered to try. Maybe when I get bored of New Vegas).

That's... That's about it, I think.
You really wouldn't do well in Elder Scrolls 1-3 then because they kind of dumbed it down to make it more accessible and streamlined for #4. Although I still think Morrowind was the best entry in the series.

Anyways, I'd have to say The Final Fantasy franchise, Halo games after Halo 2, and The Fable sequels. I loved Fable to no end and in my opinion they did the sequels the opposite of justice. I honestly don't see how they get great reviews.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I'm not in a hate spewing mood today so I'll just list off the games I hate and just say they aren't my thing:

Pokemon: Boring, derivative, and not in the least bit fun. They barely change in any significant way, and without any decent story to hold my interest the game falls apart.

Mortal Kombat: Badly animated, poorly balanced, boring, and just overall one of the worst fighting games I've every played. It was only popular for all the wrong reasons and thus it has survived on simple childish gore and nostalgia. The new one I will give the benefit of the doubt as it does seem to be shaping up to be a decent fighter, but this series does not have a good track record with me.

Call of Duty: Everything wrong with FPS games (or at least for me).

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
the Halo series. every time a new one comes out there are SO many threads made about it on here that it has put me off.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I'm getting tired of saying LittleBigPlanet. But still; LittleBigPlanet.
"If you can imagine it, you can create it". If you've got 500 hours of screwing around with every little detail and the patience to go with it.
Neither of which I have. And, judging by the quality of most of the online levels I played, neither did anyone else.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I don't really like any JRPGs. They tend to share certain conventions that just bother me. Also pokemon. They just bore me.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
To hate something is to resent it to the point that you prefer it never existed. Some games come to mind when I hear such a distinction, but not many.
All the Duke Nukem and Manhunt, for example. They've only caused trouble for the name of games.

sanguinator

Aug 23, 2010
JackandTom said:
For me it has to be assassins creed 2. I just didn't like it. Or Transformers war for cybertron, or mario galaxly 2 for that matter. Whats your opinion?
those ere actually all of the games i was going to say. do you like ac1 though? i thought ac2 sucked but ac1 was good.

Ampersand

May 1, 2010
Bioshock, god of war and mass effect. I just don't get why people think they're good. O_O