What property should Telltale try next

bdeamon

Mar 20, 2013
After seeing tales from the borderlands, I think something from saints row would be good.

cooperb21

Feb 19, 2015
They should try to change up there games, starting to get stale for me. Insert IP with telltale gameplay, i get why publisher's love it you know games your getting from them.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Am I the only one who liked Telltale more when they did old school puzzley point-n-click games over their umm.. "Whatever genre the Walking dead game is because after that game all Telltale games were like it." It's like FROM software, now they're known as "The Dark Souls Guys" but all I want from them is a new Armored Core.

In more related to the OP news, I'd love to see them take on Warcraft, or League of Legends. Both games have some pretty good lore that's hampered by repetitive gameplay and that I don't like playing games with people I don't know. Or maybe if Ninty was a little more sharey with their property, Zelda. I can see it now...

"Haah! Soryaaa!"
Zelda will remember that.

AbsoluteGuardian

Nov 6, 2015
I'd like them to stop trying any new properties at least for a few...decades. I'm not a fan of their games, and I feel sorry for anyone who is. Not because of the quality of their games, I can't comment on that, but purely because the more projects they undertake the less love existing series will get.

The Wolf Among Us fans, my heart goes out to you especially.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
maninahat said:
You. Are. A genius. So much this.

I also rather agree with all the people saying Firefly. That would actually be kind of a perfect way to continue that story.

Zaltys

Apr 26, 2012
Kind of a moot question since they already have a full schedule for the next few years. (The Walking Dead season 3, Batman, Game of Thrones season 2, some Marvel series, and some completely original series.)

But yes, if done right, Star Trek would be enjoyable.
And personally, I'd like to see what they could do with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Though if done right, almost anything would work well in Telltale format. Indiana Jones, Tintin, X-Files, TMNT, Simpsons, Firefly, James Bond... Almost anything. Even My Little Pony.

ap0cass1n

Dec 2, 2015
Ever hear of a novel called "Ready Player One"? I think TellTale would be right at home making one for it. You could play as one of the gunters on their quest to save the egg, and you end up working in the background of the story of the book. The humor would mainly derive from the setting of a massive, sprawling online universe where people can be whoever, and do whatever.

maninahat said:
Archer.

I can think of a load of really good reasons. Firstly the flat, flash style animation would be much easier for Telltale to animate, so we wouldn't get the occasionally dicey, glitching animation or mistimed expressions we do in their more ambitious translations.

Secondly, the game could do a great job playing off of what the audience want Archer to do, versus what he actually does. Most of the Telltale games limit how much of a dick you can be as the protagonist, whereas Archer is a dick by default - the player interaction could be more about trying to make Archer less of a dick, or by finding creative ways to be a malicious asshole. They kind of touched on this in Borderlands, and I'd like to see one of their games go all the way.

Thirdly, it would make the QTE action scenes more fun. If you fail a quick time event during, say, a shoot out, instead of it being an instant game over, Archer instead sustains a violent (and hilarious) injury that will persist throughout the fight. Deliberately letting the guy get more and more injuried, or skillfully trying to come through unscathed are both viable play styles that matches the humour of the show.

Fourthly. B plots. Archer flicks between spy thriller and office japes. I'd love to see a game handle that.
I've only watched a bit of Archer, but from what I know about it, it definitely sounds like something TellTale would be great at working on.

Another animated-for-adults tv show would be BoJack Horseman. It would be perfect for them!

EyeReaper said:
Am I the only one who liked Telltale more when they did old school puzzley point-n-click games over their umm.. "Whatever genre the Walking dead game is because after that game all Telltale games were like it." It's like FROM software, now they're known as "The Dark Souls Guys" but all I want from them is a new Armored Core.

In more related to the OP news, I'd love to see them take on Warcraft, or League of Legends. Both games have some pretty good lore that's hampered by repetitive gameplay and that I don't like playing games with people I don't know. Or maybe if Ninty was a little more sharey with their property, Zelda. I can see it now...

"Haah! Soryaaa!"
Zelda will remember that.
Heh, yeah, I remember when I first played Sam and Max: Abe Must Die when Steam released it for free. I loved everything about it except that one unskippable cutscene where the Secret Service sings a song about how great war is, and my sister yelling at me for taking too long to finish the puzzle in the gorilla guy's ship because she thought he would break free from the portal. Ever since the Walking Dead game was released EVERY COMPANY has wanted a slice of the TellTale pie. It's kind of weird/cool how TellTale had been doing licensed games for years, but it wasn't until they did TWDG that they really hit it big.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Personally I would like to see a Doctor Who telltale game, and a James Bond telltale game (with its own unique Bond not one of the movie Bonds).

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
Thomas Barnsley said:
Also taking from the Until Dawn pot, I think horror. Call of Cthulhu would work well I think.
I actually really like the idea of a genuinely psychological horror with heavy emphasis on choices. Less focus on the slasher tropes and jump scares in favor of trying to deal with something more internal and surreal.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
I would like to see a Telltale game for The Three Musketeers, The Count of Monte Cristo, or perhaps James Clavell's Shogun. Other properties that might be interesting would be anything by Jules Verne, perhaps something related to Battlestar Galactica.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
fenrizz said:
Does it matter?
Honestly, they all seem a bit samey to me and I'm rapidly loosing interest in them as a developer.

I may be wrong though, as I haven't played any of their games lately.

But, Star Trek The Next Generation would be nice.
Same genre maybe but if you compare, for example, The Walking Dead with Tales from the Borderlands they're totally different imo. Certainly there was a time when their games felt a bit formulaic (and not in the good way) but they've done a great job with recent releases making every game feel unique and appropriate for the universe it's set in; TftB is probably my favourite game of the year which says a lot considering the quality of releases this year.

On topic I would absolutely love to see a Telltale X Files game and maybe a Firefly game. A fallout game might be cool too but I imagine it'd also be super easy to make a mess of.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
I wish they'd go back to their roots and do another season of Sam & Max or see if they could get the rights for doing another Monkey Island game. Telltale did a great job with those properties.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
They have grown into so many aspects of nerd culture, that it is hard to think of something they didn't make.

I would love them to try the Discworld universe, but since they can't count with the approval or input of the man, maybe it is better if they don't.

Next Generation is a good choice too...

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Telltale Fallout would be pretty awesome.
How about something with Batman?

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
It doesn't matter which IP it is i'll buy it anyway. But if i could choose then i would like something lighthearted like Tales from the borderlands, it just was so fun to play and it left me with a wide grin on my face for an hour after i was done with it. None of that getting to know a character just to see him die horribly crap. Well.. Maybe a little.

NekoShinobi

Apr 13, 2015
Ha! This is a game me and my partner play! the "where is my telltale's X" game XD

Sounds dumb I know but we thought that a telltale "House" (As in House MD) might be quite cool, do you take the sensible, by the books, methodical approach, or do you risk it all to try some weird theory that may just save a life, just remember

Foreman will always remember this.