What Race Do You Use In Skyrim? [And Why]

Derick Wallis

Nov 23, 2011
I play a Wood elf who is shunned by his fellows (thats why he was trying to sneak across the border). Originally i was planning to work as a scout for the imperials but got arrested in ivensgaurd and sent to prision in Riften. they conficated all my good weapons and i had no money to take a carrage home!(thought i'd have to re-start). then in a bit of gamming magic i was approached by the thieves guild. long story short... i earned the $100,000 achievment on the 360 in record time! lol. (one problem though the 'scoundrals folly' glitch got me and now i cant complete the thieves guild quests) =(... anyone know when they are going to fix that.

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
Red guard, because that's what I used on oblivion. Seriously, thats the only reason why.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
I'm a Khajiit. Because I play the assisin type of person.
Myeah. I'm stereotypical like that.

And a clepto at that. Nothing is safe from my quick fingers x3

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I'm an Orc dual wield warrior. Why? Two reasons in particular:

1) Berserker Rage is stupid overpowered. It's utterly ridiculous that I can kill anything, with any (level-appropriate) gear no matter how bad. Turn that thing on and you just win.

2) Orcs are awesome. It's the closest I can get to a propa' Ork until the mod tools are released.

FalloutAl

Nov 19, 2011
tofulove said:
FalloutAl said:
Wow I go to make a cup of tea and I get these replies, this forums EPIC

P.s My favourite race is argonian but I normally end up going warrior
did not even notice you only have 4 post, welcome to the escapist ;p
Thanks and im delighted to see so many klepto-khajiit, live up to the stereotype!

Linkmeanie

Oct 20, 2010
I started as a Kajiit, because c'mon man, lion.
But the stealth/assassin game style didn't really suit me.

I swapped over to Altmer, partly because I played it Oblivion, but mostly
because I like magic. A lot.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I am a khajiit because I wanted to look like a snow leopard. Only afterwards I found out I never get to see my character without 3rd person.
Also welcome to the escapist. I hope you like basement jokes.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Orc with a flame spell and a sword.

I've never been an Orc before, and my girlfriend and I had both promised to play a way we've never tried before, so I went as an Orc and she as an Imperial.

Zulor

Oct 3, 2011
I choose Wood Elf originally thinking I would love to be an archer. Now I'm running around with a 1h/shield and Heavy Dragonscale Armor.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
I play argonian, because i always have. I'm sick of humans and elves in fantasy. plus water breathing, and histskin makes you heal like wolverine, and you're invincible for a whole minute!

FalloutAl

Nov 19, 2011
Zulor said:
I choose Wood Elf originally thinking I would love to be an archer. Now I'm running around with a 1h/shield and Heavy Dragonscale Armor.
Thats the good thing about skyrim it lets you be more free with your specilisation, doesn't back you into a corner shouting "Pick a playstyle! I dare you!"

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
I(Stupidly) picked Imperial thinking they would get a bonus to Speech.

If I was to do it over I would have gone for Redguard for the bonus to smithing and one-handed.

Thraxen

Sep 13, 2011
FalloutAl said:
DarkTenka said:
Argonian ... because for once they look GOOD! .. and DAMN GOOD!
Damn right, argonians are now 200% more argoniany!
And if you're weaing hood and do the dual-wield finisher, you look like you're smiling as you run some helpless bandit through.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
Imperial. I'd probably be classed as a Battle-Mage or Magic Blacksmith

My reasons are thus: 1, they have good skill with swords (which I like), restoration (Which I use...A lot) and destruction (Which I like very much) and 2, they are the easiest for me to imagine myself as; I cannot see myself as a nord, redguard, Breton or any of the -Mers but I can see myself as an imperial.

Brown Cap

Jan 6, 2009
Wood Elf. I wanted to have some immunities to disease/poison (especially when Polymorphic Hemophilia is so easy to contract) without looking like a scaley Argonian. I also like my bow and stealth.