What Race Do You Use In Skyrim? [And Why]

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Nord. Was gonna go with a Redguard, but considering the theme of the game I thought a Nord would fit a lot better. My second character will probably be a Khajit though, just for trying out the claws in fist fighting. :F

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
I went Nord, as I'm of the north, and we're in the Nord's homeland.

I'm not sure what to say about my battle style, as sometimes I sneak and backstab or give them an arrow to the head, sometimes I use magic, and sometimes I just plow them down with a sword and axe. I'm more or less a jack of all trades.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
Orc 1h specd melee master.. sometimes i use 1h and resto, 1h and shield, duel wield, or even starting to train up 2h now too (not sure if i will dump in points) I am pretty much fully specd in Heavy Armor and Orcs are very badass and zerk rage really helps me get out of alot of hard situations.

My second character is an Argonian stealth mage who plans to become a vampire and pretty much kill everything in Skyrim.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
SlaveNumber23 said:
Well I'm playing a sneaky Argonian mage with a dagger for backup, I pretty much picked Argonian because they look badass, not having to worry about running out of breath underwater and the disease resistance is quite nice too. To be honest I've never actually used the Histskin ability, but I'm sure it would be very useful... every level up I've boosted my magicka and I play on master so I pretty much get one shotted by enemies that I can't one shot so I don't have much use for the health regen boost. Oh yeah Argonians get some sneak and lockpicking bonuses which also benefit my sneaky playstyle. I'm kinda wishing I chose to play as a High Elf because I always seem to run out of magicka too fast.
This is pretty much how I'm playing, hurray for sneaky Argonian Mages :D
Though my backup is a sword and shield instead of a dagger.

...Yes, I realize that makes me trying to be all 3 classes at once. Like I care, it's fun.

Apr 5, 2008
Rolled a Breton, thinking I'd enjoy the Magicka bonus and 50% magicka resistance...not to be. Racial bonus is completely gimped to a paltry 25% resistance with zero bonus.

I intended to play a fighter/mage with a bit of sneak, ended up playing sneaky archer with illusion spells (well, invisibility anyway). Magic seems to be a little crap, most spells, at least the interesting ones are out of reach and out of sight. Destruction and resto level very slowly and I can't find any better versions of the bloody novice spells for those schools. So yeah, gave up on magic for the most part. Oh and alchemy takes so long to level I sorta lost interest.

Have sneak, lockpick, smithing & pickpocket @ 100, archery and enchanting around 85 ish, illusion & one handed around 75-80, trained heavy armor but don't use it as the nightingale set looks so damned good, which I regret. My daedric bow with absorb stamina enchantment pretty much one-hits everything with 3x sneak attack and I have a daedric dagger for 30x backstab insta-death w/soul trap.

Sulacu

Apr 30, 2011
Agayek said:
Orcs are awesome. It's the closest I can get to a propa' Ork until the mod tools are released.
Nice. Did you name him Choppa or Slugga?

Anyway, my first - and so far only - character is a Nord. I felt I should see Skyrim through the eyes of one of her sons. And I sided with the Stormcloaks to get revenge for all the times those Imperial guards called me criminal scum during the last game.

Also, I found Ulfric's voice strangely sexy. Is that weird?

I'll probably try a Breton mage next or something.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
My character is an Imperial, Male. Only because that was the same as my one and only character in Oblivion/Shivering Isles.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Argoinain, because they look cool and I like using the "clever girl" line. She uses a mace and shield, and with side attributes in destruction and lockpicking.

Plan on doing a wood elf and a nord character too.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
Used to be Wood Elf with archery, sneak and destruction as backup, because I'm always the sneaky kind who enjoys slitting throats and not being in jail for being seen, and now I've started another one, an Imperial with destruction, heavy armor and smithing, because I want to kill stuff without having to retreat every 2 hits, and I just want to try smithing.

B-Lavaunit

Dec 4, 2009
R4ptur3 said:
Red guard, because that's what I used on oblivion. Seriously, thats the only reason why.
This, also i used them in Morrowind, because they had a bonus to athletics or defense, i cant remember but i have used them ever since

LSPena

Apr 2, 2010
I started with a nord planning to go the usual sword and board way but turns out I spend more time with an axe on one hand and fire on the other. I love the archery too so I'm kind of a witch-archer-warrior.

CKYNEMESIS

Apr 15, 2009
I'm a Nord who uses heavy armor, shield and a hand axe. Why? Well it's super bad ass to run in and axe bandits in the neck. Also the time slowdown on the shield makes it easy to shield bash a power attack and completely shut down melee attackers.

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Nordic sneaky marksman...
...What the hell?

Same thing I played in Morrowind and Oblivion. Except for the marksman part, because it used to be shit. Still didn't stop me from putting points and a lot of hope into bows at the start of the game. -.-

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
I picked an Orc, because I never did that thus far and because I wanted him to become an eloquent, cocky and arrogant archmage...

Do I have the first Orc-Archmage in Tamriel? I doubt it, but I certainly do hope so...
Oh, I'm sooooo proud of my little boy...

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Raj is Khajiit!

He is Khajiit because.... parents were Khajiit?

Well.... Parents were drunken slobs who run poorly managed bar in dunes of Hammerfell, but still Khajiit. Father taught me to steal at early age. Pick pockets of sleeping bar goers. Learn to be sneaky at same time.
Drunk Redguard have no qualm about hitting Khajiit with bottle. Or chair. Anything within arms reach really.

And mother taught Raj to use dagger! Well.... She teach to use kitchen knife on rats, or she backhand with cooking pot.

If your going to Hammerfell anytime soon, avoid the "Grotty Gorge Tavern". Please is a crap hole! Not that has to do with Raj's parents....

The Cheshire

May 10, 2011
Khajiit, I already play humans in every other game, LET ME BE A KITTY KITTEN.

Also, stealth in Skyrim is not like the one in Oblivion. Now you can actually clear a dungeon slitting throats. FUN.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I play Redguard. I like the idea of being wild adventuring badass, which happens to be perfectly in tune with the lore surrounding them.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
FalloutAl said:
So yeah this is a pretty simple question that I would be interested to know from people.

I am a Nord two handed warrior because they benefit the most for my playstyle.

Anyone else?
same here, i play a warrior with a two handed sword if possible in every fantasy RPG i've played.