What remakes of games do you want to be made?

wgmovies

May 26, 2009
Just like the title says what kind of remake do you want to be made. I myself want to have a remake of a fighting game called bloody roar it was like my childhood.

Mod Edit: To avoid breaking the 'Low Content' rule, please add why you want this game to be remade.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
TimeSplitters. Either re-skin the originals in glossy pretty HD or make new ones. Just do something!

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Deus Ex
Both System Shocks
The first two Thiefs

First of all, a juicy visual update with a nice aesthetic style add some good voicework and a memorable soundtrack and we're golden. Then some reworked mechanics similar to how the new XCOM did it: keep everything mostly the same, but trim all the fat. Streamline or outright remove the clunky or superfluous stuff.

I'd also remake Deus Ex: Invisible War and Thief: Deadly Shadows as better, more expansive games i.e. more in line with their predecessors.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I'd really like the original two SMT to be redone with a more user friendly interface and a map that's useful.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Haze-Turn Nectar into some kind of psychodellic drug that let's you see the boundaries between reality and alternate demintions. Have using it optional but have addiction and withdral effects so you have to balance how often you use it like with Metroid Prim 2 and the phazon thing. Give the game more stylish weapons and have a better story. The rebel army are the humans while the army you work for are demons form hell and you were a demon this whole time but were too high to tell.

Whitbane

Apathetic...
Mar 7, 2012
Timesplitters. Or, you know, a sequel or something. Maybe a reboot. Though it'd likely be garbage.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time would be a nice candidate, 'specially if they update the graphics and tone up the combat a bit.

Advent Rising. Great premise, absolute shit execution. Fun as hell, even with the glitches.

Diablo II would be nice, with updated visuals, though Path of Heroes just seems to be that.

Those are all the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Freakazoid

Jul 28, 2012
The PS2 FPS Black. Still the best shooter I've ever played. The levels were pretty cool and there were always enough choices that it didn't feel linear. Best of all, any spectacle in the game was created by you personally. More explosions then you could shake a stick at. Plus it did the whole modern military shooter told in flashbacks years before CoD: Black Ops.
Captcha: 'Press into service'. Indeed.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Midwinter
Forbidden Forest
Doomdark's Revenge (Lords of Midnight actually got a really good fan remake :D)

EDIT: and It Came From The Desert! That game was awesome.

perkl

Mar 15, 2011
None. Remakes and sequels are the cancer that eat away at gaming. Both need to die.

Freakazoid

Jul 28, 2012
Oh, I should also mention that I'd really like a bundle of the Hitman games for modern consoles since I'd love to play the ones before Blood Money.

perkl said:
None. Remakes and sequels are the cancer that eat away at gaming. Both need to die.
Okaaaay. Just gonna back away.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
None . I think remakes should 't be made . Now this doesn't mean remakes are bad , even i find some remakes to be good ( Resident evil 0) , but i think ressources should be spent in making a new IP or expanding the current universe of a series rather than rewriting it . For me remakes/reboots say :" We as developpers are too lazy to make a new IP and have no idea where to go next with our series , but we will reboot/remake this game so that it sells soley based on it's name brand ". Which doesn't sit too well with me .

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
I'd love to see an enormous Shin Megami collection of every game ever the name on it. The games are all either hard to find or too expensive to buy, and they're quite enjoyable. It'd be nice to see them all come to the new gen. I don't care if it'd cost like $400...there'd be enough playtime on that collection to last you at least 10 years probably

Oh, and Pokemon Crystal would be cool, but the one game I'd love to see remade, especially put into HD and given online mulitplayer support would be Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. The game looked and played great on my Cube, couldn't imagine it in HD. Maybe we'd finally get some sequels for it if that happened...don't you love going to your fantasy worlds?

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
alphamalet said:
If, and only if it can be done right, Final Fantasy VI.
yes this or legend of dragoon both must be done right.....in fact just update the grphics on LoD and id buy it in a heartbeat.....or just release it on psn.....please!

TotallyNotABot

Jun 28, 2011
I would love to see games like Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Doom II and Rise of the Triad remastered. While I can still play these games today, I have a hard time wrapping my head around the keyboard controls when I'm now so used to using a mouse for first-person shooters. Also, the graphics could use some touching up. Nothing too major, just make them... not as pixelated.