What remakes of games do you want to be made?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
System Shock 2 doesn't need remaking, it needs re-releasing.

Armed and Dangerous could do with a remake. The game's humour is undercut by the terrible, ugly graphics.

throwmeawaykid

May 18, 2012
chimpzy said:
Deus Ex
Both System Shocks
The first two Thiefs

First of all, a juicy visual update with a nice aesthetic style add some good voicework and a memorable soundtrack and we're golden. Then some reworked mechanics similar to how the new XCOM did it: keep everything mostly the same, but trim all the fat. Streamline or outright remove the clunky or superfluous stuff.

I'd also remake Deus Ex: Invisible War and Thief: Deadly Shadows as better, more expansive games i.e. more in line with their predecessors.
This. You took the words right out of my mouth sir, well done. Also I wouldn't mind a Final Fantasy IV full HD remake. Just putting it out there.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
fear 2 and fear 3, they were just really bad. the tone was totally different from the first and the story became unfocussed and changed almost all the character motivations. there just bad, weapons design, character design even the gameplay is just wrong. just scrap everything in the 2nd and 3rd game and redue them. fear 1 deserved better.

Behn MacLean

Jan 16, 2012
ecoho said:
alphamalet said:
If, and only if it can be done right, Final Fantasy VI.
yes this or legend of dragoon both must be done right.....in fact just update the grphics on LoD and id buy it in a heartbeat.....or just release it on psn.....please!
Well good news for you, The Legend of Dragoon was released on the PSN in May.

And yes a remake of that game would be awesome!

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
FFIX not a complete make over just re skin it, define the shapes and pixels so i can play it on my big screen tv without getting a migraine * sniffles * orchestration for all its music would be amazing as well.

Also, Zelda Links Awakening and Oracle or ages/seasons. imagine what they would look like if they were the minish cape style. rather, Oracle of Seaons would be an awsome console remake game, Twilight Zelda like but the changing of the seasons/time at a whim? oh it would be pretty. :D

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say all of the good Rareware games from the N64 era. Update the Banjo Kazooie series to the Nuts and Bolts level of graphical quality, and rework Jet Force Gemini to modern controls and whatnot. They kinda did this to Perfect Dark and Conker, and those were pretty good. It's better than sending the guys who made Goldeneye to make friggin Kinect Sports and shit.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain is the first that comes to mind. I don't mind old graphics, but this game could really benefit from a graphical overhaul and a change of perspective from top-down to isometric or behind the back.

I see that some people want Deus Ex remade. Deus Ex is my top all-time favorite game, and I would probably buy a loyal remake in a heartbeat, but I never had a problem with the game's graphics.

Silverback91

Oct 5, 2010
Skies of Arcadia, Tales of Symphonia could use HD remakes. In skies especially you could tell the developers wanted a big sweeping scale, but the technology just wasn't there yet.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Mutant League is my first choice. I'm amazed that EA has not resurrected this old franchise at all.

Also, where is my graphical update of Terranigma dammit! Square Enix is talking about resurrecting their older franchises, so do it.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
HD Majora's Mask, fine tune the gameplay mechanics and I will buy that thing so fast. Like... SO FAST

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
chimpzy said:
Take the entirety of the original game, mix with Human Revolution's graphics and add in some of the new toys (like the magnum, stun gun, and tranq. rifle), I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Also, Resident Evil 2... obviously... maybe RE3 as well, but only if they keep Jills Tube top and skirt.

*Edit*

DugMachine said:
HD Majora's Mask, fine tune the gameplay mechanics and I will buy that thing so fast. Like... SO FAST
Oh! And this. But not some 3DS crap, I want the remake as a console release. Do that, and I may just buy the WiiU[footnote]Even though I told myself I would never buy a game system for just a single game ever again...[/footnote]

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Before they try to make any more, maybe they should do Silent Hill 2 and 3 RIGHT... get rid of all those annoying little bugs and change Heather's STUPID new voice actor.

Even though it is a save of hassle to have two games in one case.

DUDE, what they could do with KotoR if they gave it time and love. Keep EVERYTHING the same, just remaster it like they did with Halo, maybe add more customization. Like hell I can't have a purple lightsaber in the first one.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I've said it a thousand times, I'll say it a thousand more:

Bomberman 64 HD Collection. Bomberman 64, Bomberman Hero and Bomberman 64 The Second Attack (I'll settle for just the last one if need be.)

Unfortunately, Hudson has gone under, so this will likely never happen...