What remakes of games do you want to be made?

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
E.V.O
That's really the only game I really want to see remade.

Yeah yeah..."Spore."

That dog don't hunt and you know it.

shrimpcel

Sep 5, 2011
Have a remake of the original Quake with modern graphics, and perhaps other similar games (Doom, etc.). Instead of constantly talking about simulating classic gameplay in modern games, just bring back the actual old games with a fresh coat of paint, and maybe some new content!

Remake of the original Diablo! I feel that modern YET STILL DARK graphics, a couple of new classes and levels are all that this game needs to give D2 and D3 a run for their money.

The original Homeworld! The ships could look gorgeous with modern technology, and you could add a proper campaign for the enemy faction as new content.

SilverBullets000

Apr 11, 2012
Super Mario RPG for the SNES, purely for aesthetic reasons.
I'll try to explain the best way I can and hope that I'm not just being blinded by nostalgia here; I liked the way that game looked. Sure, it kept the silly nonsensical nature that Mario was known for, but the areas in the game were creative and the enemies looked like legitimate threats. It was a game made for kids, but it didn't feel patronizingly so like the modern Mario games do. If they can keep that aesthetic intact, it would be great.
[sub]...I'd actually rather a spiritual sequal of some sort, but I guess getting Nintendo and Square Enix to come together for something other than Fortune Road is an impossible feat...[/sub]

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Ashadowpie said:
FFIX not a complete make over just re skin it, define the shapes and pixels so i can play it on my big screen tv without getting a migraine * sniffles * orchestration for all its music would be amazing as well.

Also, Zelda Links Awakening and Oracle or ages/seasons. imagine what they would look like if they were the minish cape style. rather, Oracle of Seaons would be an awsome console remake game, Twilight Zelda like but the changing of the seasons/time at a whim? oh it would be pretty. :D
I would love to see FFIX with update graphics like you said. I'd pay good money for it to.

My game I'd like to see redone. I'd like Harvest The Moon: Back To Nature (PS1) to be updated. And even have a few mechanical additions like being able to walk through your crops. And it not being stuck to paths. Let me explore the entire mountain and such, on foot. Have a barrier crescent moon the town to the sea but make it a good distance. Maybe have some new farmers out there (Dudes from the festivals, those farmers, those jerky don't ever let me win the dog race farmers). Ability to be a girl to. And regardless of gender the ability to marry Cliff (He's so handsome <3), it would play to the advantages in the Japanese marked doing so as well *Ahem*.

Wow, it really would be worth it to remake this game.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
Both System Shock games, so we can have less in the way of total crap graphics, and so it can come to us in full 3d modern glory and introduce the world to the *real* Shock series. I think I would nerdgasm so hard I'd explode. ^^;

Chrono Trigger, with *freaking voice acting* (Yes, I know, I am the only person on Earth who likes English dubs, so there), also more awesome graphics, real cutscenes, the material they left out in the original like Singing Mountain...yeah. I know it has been redone twice, but that doesn't *count*, because they didn't overhaul it. It was just the game rereleased so nostalgic fans would buy it yet again. Also, someone redo the character art, because the people who draw DBZ should never, ever, ever be allowed to design character art. Ever. Ugh.

Freelancer. Seriously. Yes. With added nonlinearity, please.

UndeadDollface

Nov 1, 2012
Maniac Mansion - Prequel to LucasArts' Day of the Tentacle.

Keep it 2D and Point-and-click, but update the graphics and resolution to something like 'The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav'.

Most importantly, include voice-acting as high quality as Day of the Tentacle with as many of the original voice actors as possible.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
HD remake translation of Berserk: Record of the Holy Demon War

It would be nothing short of BEAUTIFUL!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Since the Nintendo DS and 3DS have remade several games from Mario 64 to Ocarina of Time and, Star Fox, I think it would be reasonable to request Mystical Ninja starring Goemon from the N64 updated Ocarina of Time style for the 3DS. Also a 2.5D remake of the SNES Goemon game we got here in the US, also on the 3DS and both as a boxed release.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
While it isn't a very old game, I would want to see Chromehounds rebooted. It's mostly because I missed out on 85% of the game(I didn't get my XBL account activated until about a week or so after the online servers were shut down) and would love to get the full experience.

Other then that I would want to see Star Wars Battlefront and Red Faction with updated graphics.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Battlefield 2142: It's high-time we get something like that again. Black Ops 2 looks like it's a step in the right direction, but I'm simply not content without the real thing.
I'd play my copy but EA shut down their servers shortly before I got it.
All that other crap EA does? I'll live. This? Go to hell.

Marathon: I want this remade so bad you don't even know. I hope Destiny sells well so Activision will let Bungie remake it. Repeat after me: dual-wield shotguns.

IronSuplex

Apr 13, 2012
Infernai said:
HD remake translation of Berserk: Record of the Holy Demon War

[ video ]

It would be nothing short of BEAUTIFUL!
Oh yes it would be...
Anyways mines would be the Legacy of Kain games, from Blood Omen to Defiance. They can skip Blood Omen 2, nobody cares about that one.
Also i'd lik to see Black and white remade as well...

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
The Dungeon Keeper games. A better UI and shiny new graphics would be nice. Please, keep the same narration though. I loved that deep voice.

Too Human. It could be good. A sci-fi re-imagining of norse mythology is a good starting point, the execution was deplorable. Terrible voice acting and writing ruined the story. Poor design choices make the combat a chore due to the stupid status conditions any your horribly slow movement speed. ALSO GET RID OF THE STUPID VALKYRIE CUTSCENE!

Final Fantasy 7 just because we're never going to stop asking for it. Using the voice actors from the movie would be a good idea since they recruited some top talent for it.

Finally, Panzerfront. Think World of Tanks but single player and involving more than just tanks. I sincerely enjoyed that game and we haven't really had anything good comparable to it that I can remember.

Captcha: wake of the flood sounds like a Halo mission.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
doggie015 said:
Mischief Makers ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mischief_Makers )

One of the forgotten gems of the N64 era. A truly unique platformer with some very unique mechanics (If you never heard "Shake Shake!" at least once you had no childhood!) and AWESOME music
Seconded. One of the last of its kind, and a shining example of good platforming. I only wish it were longer, but that's one thing remakes can fix.

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
I'd love to see a modern remake of The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard. I loved that game during the day but it came out when 3Dfx was the major 3D card on the market, so now it is unsupported and looks like arse.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/elder-scrolls-adventures-redguard

dumbseizure

Mar 15, 2009
HD remake of Oni!!!

Love that game, was also inspired by Ghost in the Shell, and I love Ghost in the Shell!

It's a win win win JUST F%$@ING DO IT BUNGIE!!!!

RufusMcLaser

Mar 27, 2008
I'll second the remake of both System Shocks, to the effect of improved graphics and NOT TINKERING WITH THE GAMEPLAY.
Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri could use an update as well.

PinkAngelKitty

Jan 24, 2010
Alright I probably lose a lot of gamer cred for waiting this long to pick up a 3DS but last year's boxing day sale was too juicy for me to pass up and I picked one up (against my better judgement as I am hurting for money in the worst way right now and I'm now officially too old for my parents to bail me out) but I also got OoT:3DS for it. Incidentally, that was the very first game I ever owned for myself (not the first I ever played as I am la vieux as we say in Canada) so I was all starry-eyed at the ramped up graphics and added detail and the whole magical experience was relived in my heart for a time. But I breezed through it, and it was over, and that was that.

Then I thought about Majora's Mask. That game kicked my pre-pubescent ASS when I was a kid! I was often frustrated by it and as a result I never really enjoyed it as much as I did OoT. Termina was too different from Hyrule, and forsaken a tone of ancient mysticism and legend for one of more modern machinery and... aliens. I wasn't until I replayed it in my mid-teenage years one rainy afternoon that, despite the horrid frame-rate and chunky graphics, the true tone of the game presented itself to me. I was mesmerized, just as I imagined the Skull Kid was when he first gazed into the penetrating eyes of the mask itself. "How delightfully dark!", thought I. Never had a game filled me with such hopelessness. I remember wishing there was a way I could escape back to Hyrule and leave Termina to its fate like a coward. And when dawn of the final day struck, and the weather turned dark and stormy with the moon's enraged face obscuring the sky, a sense of real urgency set in. If I felt like I didn't have enough time to finish the dungeon I was in, I had no qualms about resetting time to the beginning and trying my luck from square one, rather than have to sit through that horrid cinematic of the moon colliding with the land and the inescapable fiery death storm than ensued. Or remembering that time I attempted to acquire all of the masks, and how it forced me to deal with the final 12 hours of the game. The night before the moon fell, when constant shuddering earthquakes and frantic, heart-racing music plucked at my already frayed nerves. Many people reference Spec Ops: The Line as being a game that inspired true emotion in them, but if I had to pick a game that does it for me, it would be Majora's Mask for sure. Ocarina of Time engaged my childhood imagination in fun ways, but Majora's mask enthralled me; it had me completely immersed in the setting.

So if I had to pick a game that I want remade, it would be that one. And unlike most people I talk to who want it remade, I want it on the 3DS like OoT. Sure. The WiiU could do a better job, with much better graphics, but aside of the fact that MM is a direct sequel to OoT (so my thinking is that they will always belong on the same console, even in their remade forms) the ability to take it anywhere with me was one of the things that delighted me the most about OoT:3DS. Additionally, in order to utilize the graphical "power" (pardon my overly technical terms here) the graphics would need a serious overhaul from their current state. NOT saying the same couldn't be said for the upgrade to the 3DS, but if they were to keep the similar, cartoonish look of the original, the WiiU capabilities would be somewhat wasted, no? It just seems a more rational choice.

However much I want this, I highly doubt it's going to happen any time soon, given recent world events. I read on a zelda wiki site that the symbol on the forest medallion in OoT was altered in the 3DS remake because SOME PEOPLE (seriously, guys? I mean like... seriously???) looked at it and saw a swastika. So I don't doubt that Nintendo is going to play things super safe, especially regarding this subject. Let me explain.

The central plot of Majora's Mask surrounds a Skull Kid (capable of inhabiting both Hyrule and Termina? This is never really discussed) who is lonely. He has two fairy friends (Tatl and Tael) but ultimately he feels abandoned by his giant friends. These feelings of abandonment and sadness soon turn to resentment and contempt. The Skull Kid resorts to mischief as a mode of emotional release and when this mischief leads him to the theft of Majora's Mask, the evil power within the mask corrupts him, and turns his contempt into an apocalyptic rage. Detached from everyone around him, he seeks to destroy the world, at the cost of everything... for reasons that the player can't comprehend because simply put: it's madness.

Don't get me wrong. It's a BIG stretch. But parallels can be drawn between that story and the stories behind the recent random acts of violence (such as the tragic Sandy Hook shooting, for example) which we are all aware is being linked by the media to video games and the sense of detachment from society that they apparently cause. Ultimately, the message behind Majora's Mask is that friendship is an enduring force, capable of spanning the lengths of time and space, and a willingness to help a friend in need can be the most powerful and healing gesture of all, especially in a world that seems preoccupied with greed and distrust (a noticeable change in tone from OoT to MM).

So given Nintendo's propensity towards child-and-media-friendly content, I doubt that a MM remake is on the horizon-not for a long while yet. We already know that the next Zelda title to be released on 3DS is going to be an original title, and I hope that the recent sprees of violence will be a distant memory by the time Nintendo reopens the issue on whether or not to rerelease Majora's Mask for the 3DS.

Because let's be real for a second; how totally FREAKING AWESOME would that be?

Anyway these are just my thoughts. Feel free to bash me or disprove my logic via some tweet that some Ninty exec made 3 months ago or something.

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
Full said:
Metroid: Prime deserves the Halo: CE Anniversery treatment.
Absolutely. Or better yet, do a full HD remake of the entire trilogy. And no forced motion controls, please.

Others I would love to see remade:

Resident Evil 2 and 3 (just like the Resi 1 Gamecube remake. We WANT fixed camera angles and crappy gameplay, that's how it's supposed to be!)

Wipeout 1-3 (HD version without destroying the amazing art direction)

Final Fantasy VI and IX (just a brush up of the graphics, and WIDESCREEN. It sucks playing 4:3 games on a 50 inch)

I could probably mention Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana as well, but somehow I think those games should remain in their 2D pixelated glory.

The main thing about remakes like this is that I don't trust the developer to not fuck it up. Most of us don't want a drastic change in tone or art direction, we just want slightly more attractive graphics and widescreen support. It goes without saying that story and characters should not be changed in any way whatsoever. If voice acting is included, it should be OPTIONAL.

Calvin Wit

May 21, 2013
Fatman Adventures!! :D (why there's no ios version)
And I would really like Zapper one wicket cricket for nintendo 3ds!!
That woulde facking awesome!!