What the F*** is wrong with EA

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
Viirin said:
I see 3 basic problems with EA.

"EA Games! Challenge everything!" P.S. Including the patience and loyalty of our customers!

EA may secretly stand for "Eagerly Aggressive" (in response to whenever someone makes a good game, they buy the developer)

They started with sports games. Then expanded, but without expanding their thought processes or creativity. Domino effect...
Actually EA started WAY back in the day in the 80's, making several games challenging the medium, Archon, Bard's Tale, M.U.L.E, it wasn't until the 90's that sh*t started going down. First sports game they did (I think) was FIFA in 1993. There was a reason they were called 'Electronic Artists', this is why it's such a shame to see them hire a bunch of chimps to run the company...

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
other then their shitty DRM and commercials
ORIGIN! games for MS tried competing with Steam and look how that service turned out!

Kramcake2516

Feb 8, 2010
I would like to get to play an EA game online again sometime soon been 4 months now sort it out EA!
I know it is not me as I can play another game I have online on my Xbox and when I do call they say they are "aware" of the problem well how about we stop being "aware" and start "fixing" the problem :(

OT: I don?t really care what adverts are like they tend to just show you good bits of the game and not problems (As they should do lol) I myself tend to look up reviews etc so they can do whatever they want concerning ads if you ask me

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
tbh, I can't really see anyone buying the game BECAUSE of that advert (barring reminding people of the game's existence). I lol'd at its terribleness and moved on.

Really don't understand how it's supposed to sell the game tbh. There's plenty of other songs they could've chosen, I'm sure, that wouldn't need them to censor it badly.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
I get the feeling a lot of the hate comes for the commercial because it has a rap song in it. Which is stupid. Forget the lyrics, they are irrelevant; the actual beat of the song fits well with the fast-paced, heavy edit flow of the images. Which is what is important. If the song had been metal, we wouldn`t be seeing nearly as much complaint on this forum.

I LOVE EA`s marketing team. They have some balls, which is refreshing in the currently overly-pc community. They don`t muck around with arsty, they go for pure shock value and IT WORKS. Say what you will about the Dead Space 2 "Your mom hates this game" campaign, or the Dante`s Inferno craziness, but over a year later you are all STILL talking about them, proving they worked. Seems like the sort of thing Midway would have come up with back in the MK heyday (speaking of which, no gloriously overthetop celebration of MK violence in the ads for 9? Shame on you Netherealm and WB!) This newest campaign actually reminds me a lot of "the old days", when companies would literally talk shit to each others face. Nay, they`d be expected to (Sega does what Nintendon`t!).

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I buy games because I want to, not because of the adverts......ironically.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Screw it, I'm posting the letter [http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/an-open-letter-to-ea-marketing] again.

Actually, comparatively, this ad isn't so bad. It's complete nonsense and has pretty much nothing to do with anything, but EA has done worse.

Captcha: forfake fatisul
I'm going to assume that's some foreign language for "false advertising".

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
They're not trying to appeal to us, they're appealing to people that don't care unless media tells them they should.

Utrechet

Oct 14, 2010
Suggestion to OP:

Stop whining. This has been posted. Remember Extra Credits? They talked about this sort of thing. (Go check out their videos if not)

Next, if you do not like something, learn to get used to it. This sort of thing will continue because large game-publishers do not realize that Non-Gamers do not want to go in and play Battlefield 3. They want something casual first.

Petition EA saying stop with this. Start one. Do something other than complain. Otherwise, you have no purpose other than to just sit there pouting.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
What´s even more sad is that the marketing department haven't had any lay off so the head office must think they are doing a good job T.T"

Not planning on buying bf3 anyway but I might as well fire of an letter to them and have this as an excuse.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
l33tness08 said:
It's just you... To forbid someone from doing something is a violation of so many rights...
Depends what. Forbidding someone to murder - violation of rights?

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
You know, I hold up the "Soldier in All of Us" commercial for Black Ops as the best televised ad for a video game I've seen. EA's commercials are just garbage.
Yeah... that was a pretty fucking good commercial.

Anyways, im sure EA hasnt even heard of Extra Credits, than alone actually watched the episode dedicated to their pisspoor marketing. Everyone, spam Emails to EA with the episode link.

*Edit*

Da Orky Man said:
l33tness08 said:
It's just you... To forbid someone from doing something is a violation of so many rights...
Depends what. Forbidding someone to murder - violation of rights?
Over-ruled by the right to life... in most cases. And no, im not saying all soldiers are murderers by this, thats a kill or be killed situation,usually, which the soldiers on both sides ended up forced into.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
JochemDude said:
They're not trying to appeal to us, they're appealing to people that don't care unless media tells them they should.
So the sort of people I don't want to play with unless it's making them cry and ragequit. Oh EA, you geniuses. You're trying to make it more fun by inviting fresh victims. :D

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
jthwilliams said:
Is it just me or should EA be forbidden from making another commercial ever again. They seem to make the worse possible decisions. I?m watching Hulu and I see the battlefield commercial and what is the backing song? 99 problems. Seriously? Then I think back and I remember EA past decision on representing their products. This game is too disturbing from your Mom commercials comes to mind.

Look I don?t really have a problem with the song and it might even fit for Max Payne 3. At least the song would ironically tie to the game. But Battlefield is just a s shooter; this association is just stupid machismo
I'm hoping this is hyperbole, and not an actual desire.

Plus, this is like the fifth topic on the commercial.

Five topics and I STILL Can't see what's so bad. Oooh, it's a poor fit, let's put EA in the stocks!

IKSA

Jun 30, 2011
Kingme18 said:
Just you... and I loved the "Your mom hates this game" commercials, if those are the ones that you are talking about.
Too bad those commercials hurt this industry.

InfectedStar

Jul 7, 2011
Drakmeire said:
Oh it's not the worst thing EA has ever done.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/07/ea.comic.swag.072409-580px.jpg
just look up some of the things they pulled with the marketing of Dante's Inferno and see why 99 problems is nothing.
short version: Faked protests which angered people of most religions, angering Nannies with achievements, and treating women like sexual objects.
good job EA, you pushed back the reputation of gamers 5 years.
This just feels like incentive to switch that pre-order of BF3 to Skyrim.