What to do when the power is out.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I'm likely to just read. That's it. All I got. Use candles and oil lamps for light.

Otherwise, I get the hell out of dodge and find a place where I can happily use electricity/

If there's no where to go and I have nothing to read, I tend to sleep.

Lyx

Sep 19, 2010
I would enjoy the candlelight :)

About the only thing i would probably start thinking about, is how to recharge my laptop in the absense of electric power. For everything else, i do not see much issues, unless we're talking more than a month without electricity.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
Heh.. one of the last power failures were actually pretty funny. My brother kept coming up with all this stuff he could do, even something as trivial as making a poptart, and was disappointed to realize that pretty much everything required electricity.

Me, on the other hand, have a couple instruments I can play, and I knit. There's also coitus *shrug*.

The Afrodactyl

Jul 19, 2010
Read, play guitar, play my DS until it dies, stargaze, play my sister's DS until it dies, probably walk the 30 miles to my girlfriends house to sit and talk :)

nipsen

Sep 20, 2008
:D yeah, no electricity suddenly shakes your habits doesn't it..

You need a notebook and a pencil. Problem solved. Were a week or two a few years ago with two long outages in a row. I'm not sure what I was looking for, but in a desperate search down in the bottom of some dusty boxes, I happened to find my leather-bound paper-stash. Bought it back in the long, long ago. Was a pencil there with it. Used it for drafting texts since.

Your Nightmare

May 28, 2010
Necromancer Jim said:
Your Nightmare said:
UlytimateDestruction said:
1. Lay in bed, then sleep.
2. play some videogames.
3. chill out with my friends.
4. go swimming.
5. eat mcdonalds.
You didn't really think about number 2 did you...?
Handhelds are a magical thing, my friend.
Batteries aren't a magical thing though I'm afraid