What type of phone do you have?

Feb 9, 2011
Some kind of Samsung thing. I'm not really sure. I don't need anything fancy, nor do I see a point in spending hundreds on a freaking phone anyway.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
A Motorola Razor. Sure it's a piece of shit but I rarely drop calls, I've dropped it in two puddles, and it never dies on me. Oh it takes pictures too!

ChaoticLegion

Mar 19, 2009
I'm using the HTC Sensation
http://www.htc.com/uk/product/sensation/specification.html

Android > iPhone

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
Since I'm a teenager I don't need a fancy smart phone for e-mails and web browsing, so I just have some standard Samsung flip phone. I can call and text so I'm good.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
C95J said:
HTC Wildfire, although I would like a new phone really.
Hey, awesome, I thought I was going to be the only one on this forum. I am pretty impressed with it. Not pricey and does all the things I could want it to do.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC which is basically sony's top of the line touchscreen smartphone that runs on Android 2.3. I dunno why i got it to be honest yes it great but i don't even use my phone that much, but then again i am a tech geek and this phone can do just about anything (it even has a HDMI port so you can output to TV's and monitors lol), i also chose it because at least with an Arc you won't see 20 odd a day like the iphone, it's also cheaper on contract with the provider i'm with but does anything the iphone can do.

My old phone was a Nokia E63 and that did most things too but it was blackberry style no touchscreen.

SinorKirby

May 1, 2009
Droid X. It gets a bit slow at times, but I think I have a habit of pushing things beyond their capabilities...

rmb1983 said:
I'd wanted an iPhone since they first hit the market
I was like this before Apple ****** me.

rmb1983

I am the storm.
Mar 29, 2011
SinorKirby said:
Droid X. It gets a bit slow at times, but I think I have a habit of pushing things beyond their capabilities...

rmb1983 said:
I'd wanted an iPhone since they first hit the market
I was like this before Apple ****** me.
Fair enough. To each their own, right?

Although, I will admit I've been particularly interested in some of Sony's recent phones, all of which are not currently offered by my provider (and, again, offered by the competitor that screwed me when I was 19). On the upside, though, by the time my current contract is up (December of next year), I'm sure there'll be a fairly nice selection of great phones that'll more than adequately fit my needs.
As long as there's a simple puzzle game (my current favourite is Unblock Me [http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/unblock-me/id315021242?mt=8]) that does the trick of keeping my brain moving while on smoke breaks at work, and manages all the functions I need (as far as both my professional and personal life are concerned), I'm all game.

The only reason I even bothered upgrading to the 4 was because I didn't have to pay for it, and I'd be helping a family member out in the process. My 3GS filled all my needs just as well.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I have an ehPhone 2G, that's right you heard right, an iPhone 2G, bought it on launch day.

Its a piece of crap but its still the best phone I've ever had, in its current condition what with the broken screen and battered casing I can't actually sell it.

"Broken screen? there's an App for that!"

The Internet on it doesn't work anymore, but it still charges me if I try to use the internet even though its hardware locked to leech WiFi it still doesn't show any web pages, but lo and behold the iTunes store works perfectly, ANYWHERE! even in a cave in mountains in the south of France*... I find that very strange.

I love going into the Apple store and asking the sales reps to help out with my ehPhone, the horror on their cute little hipster faces when they see an Apple product in such a bad condition is priceless.

*I was doing Speleo and thought to myself "hmmmm lets double check".

SinorKirby

May 1, 2009
rmb1983 said:
Although, I will admit I've been particularly interested in some of Sony's recent phones
Xperia Play looks awesome, I would want one still if not for the fact that I own a 3DS now.

Sud0_x

Dec 16, 2009
Mine's 3 or 4 years old. I'm pretty sure it's a Nokia... The brand name, along with most of the bits of the face that were once black, have rubbed off. It's missing a button and there's a rather prominent crack all the way across the screen. Still works like a charm....Except for the battery life... and the screen occasionally goes black and I have to take the battery out and turn it back on.

But apart from that it's been good to me, she's taken a beating at my work like a damn trooper I tells ya. I'm glad I don't have an expensive phone! Probably wouldn't last a week.

rmb1983

I am the storm.
Mar 29, 2011
SinorKirby said:
rmb1983 said:
Although, I will admit I've been particularly interested in some of Sony's recent phones
Xperia Play looks awesome, I would want one still if not for the fact that I own a 3DS now.
Friend of mine just picked one up, replaced his XPeria X10 with it (had an iPhone 3G, beforehand). He likes it, but suggests that it's not really that great a buy until the bigger features it's promoting start fleshing out a bit (especially as far as games are concerned).

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
scrambledeggs said:
I have a Nokia from 1998, this is a picture of it here:
[img=http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/galleries/mobile/retro/originals/nokia5110.jpg]
It's my backup phone for when my new phones that die in, like you said, 2 to three years, do eventually die. I love it to bits because I get back into snake 1 every time I revive it. It has braved 3 trips into the pool.
No way!!!! You, good sir, are awesome. It's refreshing to see some people still treasure those older phones, in a way.
Incidentally, those Nokia's really are sturdy. I had all Nokia's before I got my iPhone, and they would survive drops without blinking (so to speak). A friend's even survived a cycle in the washing machine.
Also, if you want the image tag to work, you have to use the tags this way:
[*img*]http:*//m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/galleries/mobile/retro/originals/nokia5110.jpg[/*img*] (just remove the stars)
I also recommend using the "spoiler tags" when posting images, as some of them can be big and clutter up a post:
[*spoiler*="Your image description here"]*[*img*]http:*//m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/galleries/mobile/retro/originals/nokia5110.jpg[/*img*][/*spoiler*]
Cheers! =)

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Cellphone? Nokia 2600c that its only purpose is that of a pager/voicemail box that looks almost exactly like this minus the cyrillic UI

What do I use to make/receive calls when away from home? Combination of Caanoo + VOIP + headset. Why on earth would I pay for phone calls when I can dongle together 2 or 3 pieces of tech to do it for free

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
HTC Google Nexus One

A great phone with one design flaw with the power button.

FurinKazanNZ

Dec 30, 2009
$44 (NZD)
Does texting and calling, but almost nothing else. It has a game. The button on the menu actually says Game, not Games.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Blackberry Curve 9300. Its pretty decent, certainly the best phone I've had.