What type of phone do you have?

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Besides the least expensive walmart cordless phone in my home, I don't own one.

NeonWraith

Nov 25, 2008
I've got a Blackberry Bold 9700, mostly 'cause pure touchscreens + my giant strangler hands don't get along too well. I really like it, though I admit it does at times annoy me that the vast majority of apps are written for the iOS & Android but not the BB one. Still, I get an upgrade in 6 months or so and I'll get an Android phone then.

Sparcrypt

Oct 17, 2007
Blackberry 9700 - I work as an IT admin for a bank. They're secure and easily centrally managed - all other phones fail at this.

Unfortunately blackberries fail at everything OTHER then those two things, which is a shame.

NeonWraith said:
I've got a Blackberry Bold 9700, mostly 'cause pure touchscreens + my giant strangler hands don't get along too well. I really like it, though I admit it does at times annoy me that the vast majority of apps are written for the iOS & Android but not the BB one. Still, I get an upgrade in 6 months or so and I'll get an Android phone then.
Whatever you do do NOT get any of the blackberry touchscreen phones. They are all terrible. The 9700 is the best phone they have ever made. Not that it's overly good, the rest are just way worse ;).

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
HTC Hero!!!

Its just a great phone, i wanted it because it looked so different from the standard touchscreen phone. It even has a little chin!!

Rooted so it runs cyanogen mod 7 - Android 2.2

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
HTC Desire S

It does everything I need.
Hell it even has stepmania on it.
Life is goood :D

Before that I had a Samsung Genio Slide (corby pro or whatever) and that was a DAMN good phone, despite its lack of SMS space xD

And before that I had a BlackBerry Storm (yeah someone actually bought it) which I got as an upgrade from the Curve I'm eating in my profile picture (I didn't eat it, it was a joke)

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
The old Nokia 3310, from the year 2000. I've dropped it on concrete floors about six times, it's still alive and well.

Everyone borrows it just to play Snake II.

NeonWraith

Nov 25, 2008
Sparcrypt said:
Blackberry 9700 - I work as an IT admin for a bank. They're secure and easily centrally managed - all other phones fail at this.

Unfortunately blackberries fail at everything OTHER then those two things, which is a shame.

NeonWraith said:
Whatever you do do NOT get any of the blackberry touchscreen phones. They are all terrible. The 9700 is the best phone they have ever made. Not that it's overly good, the rest are just way worse ;).
Friend of mine had a BlackBerry Storm, and of all the touch screens I tried around the time I got mine I liked that more than the rest of them...but when I asked if I could get one I was told they'd all been pulled from the shelves due to some problem with them, so I changed my mind.

What I'm hoping is that between now & me getting a new phone someone releases something like the HTC Desire Z, which no phone shop in Manchester seems to stock, not even places like CEX had one when I tried to just buy one a while ago.

BottleOfAwesome

Jul 6, 2010
Motorola Milestone although I'm probably going to get the Samsung Galaxy S when I change plans in a month or so.

Aesthetical Quietus

Mar 4, 2009
Sony Ericsson K800i && Samsung (something cheap, lol) atm. I had a cheaper Dual Sim Touchscreen phone but I ended up killing the screen so I'm back to this. I'm kind of glad in a way, texting on a touch screen is so bloody painful for me.

Also, give me Android over an iPhone any day.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
A really old plain one that can call and text so it's all I need.

ROFLOLJK nah I have a Samsung Ping that works fine but I want a fancy smartphone :D!
Material goods, damnit!

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
I have a Blackberry Torch. I did have a Samsung Genio before, which was fine - the only reason I got the Blackberry was because the contract was better for the same price, and all in all it is a better phone. Plus, I thought if I'm going to become a Blackberry fag then I might as well get the best one. It's fun to have a touch screen and a keyboard...makes me feel kingly.

Sparcrypt

Oct 17, 2007
NeonWraith said:
Friend of mine had a BlackBerry Storm, and of all the touch screens I tried around the time I got mine I liked that more than the rest of them...but when I asked if I could get one I was told they'd all been pulled from the shelves due to some problem with them, so I changed my mind.

What I'm hoping is that between now & me getting a new phone someone releases something like the HTC Desire Z, which no phone shop in Manchester seems to stock, not even places like CEX had one when I tried to just buy one a while ago.
The original Storm? Urgh, those had horrible screens, it was like a giant button, you actually had to click it in for it to do anything.

The Storm 2 had an OK touch screen, so does the Torch - the problem with the blackberries and touch screens is less the quality of the screens and mostly that the OS just plain works better using the touchpad on the 9700 - the touchscreens are slower and less accurate for everything.

Oh and if you haven't put OS6 on your 9700 I'd recommend it - theres a few downsides (like all the stupid menu screens that you can't turn off) but they finally fixed the browser so it's not a horribly slow painful experience.

Kurokasumi

Aug 11, 2009
I have a Samsung Wave GT58...something. Got it for free for signing up on a 3 year contract.
It does everything except making phone calls.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Samsung Solstice.

S'alright I guess. When I get a more stable job I plan on getting an Android.

edit: And since I'm the only one in my family who hasn't broken their phone, I never get the free upgrade.

BringBackBuck

Apr 1, 2009
I have a Blackberry something-or-other. I use it to make calls and receive and send emails and texts. It performs these tasks adequately.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
iPhone 4. Its a nice piece of kit and its going to last me a couple of years I'm sure.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I have no doubt if I was rich I'd have some top of the range 'complete laptop-in-a-phone' kinda thing, I may even have succumbed to the shiny white allure of the iphone.

However, I'm not, and I find my nokia 3310 makes n receives calls and texts, and..that'll do.

I've got a basic mp3 player (the Sansa Clip+, comes highly recommended, around £40, 8gb memory, and takes micro SD cards instead of having to pay silly amounts for a bit more space. Compact, simple, resilient to wear and tear, too.)

Then at home I've got a PC which I do my gaming, social networking, emails, and internet stuff on.

I think that while progress is great, and we've all gained much from these new breakthroughs, there was something to be said for being 'off the clock' when six o clock rolled around, you couldn't be called or mailed on the way home! Your boss could call you at home, but they were limited to pretty much asking you to come in early tomorrow, they couldn't send you extra work thru the phoneline :)

EDIT: watched the Lynch thing above, and I have to agree, you can watch some stuff on a 2 inch screen, sure, but most movies really do demand a decent sized screen and quality audio, not staring at a handheld on the bus with one earpiece in so you can listen to your mate while you're watching.