What type of phone do you have?

scrambledeggs

Aug 17, 2009
Just curious as to popular phones around the Escapist. My guess is they'll either be really crap old Nokia's from the 90's or iPhones. Everyone seems to have an iPhone these days.

I myself have a HTC HD7.

Fanta Grape

Aug 17, 2010
Old crappy Nokia from... five years ago? Dunno. Everyone insists I get a new one but I always say, "If it can call someone, it's doing it's damn job."

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I have a Google/HTC Nexus One. Lovely little pocket computer that can also make phone calls. I can't stand iPhones, I don't like how heavy-handed Apple is with their customers & I'm not too impressed with iOS itself. When my Nexus One finally dies, I'll be replacing it with another Android phone, whatever one is the new Google flagship phone at the time.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I have a... *checks* ...Sony Ericsson W810i. Bought it from a friend of mine several years back when she got a new phone. It doesn't always receive calls or SMS - that could be my provider though - and it sometimes shuts itself off. It won't read the memory card either sometimes.

Can you tell I want a new phone? =P

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
LG Cosmos Touch. It's nice and does what I want it to do.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
I don't even fucking know.
Sagem or Samsung or some other thing starting with an S, whatever.

It's actually fairly new, only about a year or two old. I didn't have one for ages and got one reduced to like fifteen bucks for signing up with my current phone company. It has proven surprisingly resilient for a cheap piece of shit.
It calls and does texts and that is all I want from it.

Sir Boss

Mar 24, 2011
Nokia flip phone from about 3-4 years ago, it does it's job, no reason to upgrade

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
scrambledeggs said:
Just curious as to popular phones around the Escapist. My guess is they'll either be really crap old Nokia's from the 90's or iPhones. Everyone seems to have an iPhone these days.

I myself have a HTC HD7.
From the 90s? *giggles* Do you remember what mobile phones looked like in the 90's [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_mobile_phones#Second_generation:_Digital_networks]? Don't think there are a whole lot of those around anymore, especially considering a phone's average life expectancy is about 2-3 years nowadays.
Back on topic, I have, surprise, surprise, an iPhone 3GS. I know, so unoriginal right?

scrambledeggs

Aug 17, 2009
Eleima said:
scrambledeggs said:

I myself have a HTC HD7.
From the 90s? *giggles* Do you remember what mobile phones looked like in the 90's [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_mobile_phones#Second_generation:_Digital_networks]? Don't think there are a whole lot of those around anymore, especially considering a phone's average life expectancy is about 2-3 years nowadays.
Back on topic, I have, surprise, surprise, an iPhone 3GS. I know, so unoriginal right?
I have a Nokia from 1998, this is a picture of it here:

[img=http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/galleries/mobile/retro/originals/nokia5110.jpg]

It's my backup phone for when my new phones that die in, like you said, 2 to three years, do eventually die. I love it to bits because I get back into snake 1 every time I revive it. It has braved 3 trips into the pool.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
My personal phone is an old Nokia brick, a 6233. It's survived more abuse than an ugly orphan.

I also have a Blackberry from the job. Mostly use this one since I am sort of on call all the time.

rmb1983

I am the storm.
Mar 29, 2011
iPhone 4. I'd wanted an iPhone since they first hit the market, but went through some issues with one provider when I was younger, so was stuck dealing with another that didn't offer the iPhone. I eventually got myself an iPhone 3GS once Bell provided them, and ended up with a 4 last Christmas as part of a deal to get my mother a new phone (re: my "old" one).

While plenty of people have negative reactions to the iPhone, and there's a couple limitations I'm not thrilled over, I don't bother jailbreaking it, and given my professional life, it's been an excellent phone. It does everything I want it to, and can do a fair bit more, so it was a damned good investment, in my book. Prior to that, some soddy Samsung flip. I wasn't all that much of a cell phone person until my career demanded the accessibility, and now I'd find myself hard-pressed to go without.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
HTC Wildfire, although I would like a new phone really.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
We get new phones every two years on my families plan and pay them off over the course of the two years, then get new ones.

The problem is that they don't work. They are, I think $700 phones (or they were at least a year and a half ago) and they never worked properly. They could browse the net, get TV, take great video and pictures, but they wouldn't let us answer or make calls. And by the time the company listened to our complaints and stopped telling to try turning the phones off and on again, the warranty had expired...

So I said fuck this a bought a $50 phone that's never let me down yet. It's a LG GU290f.

Best phone I've ever had.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
rmb1983 said:
iPhone 4. I'd wanted an iPhone since they first hit the market, but went through some issues with one provider when I was younger, so was stuck dealing with another that didn't offer the iPhone. I eventually got myself an iPhone 3GS once Bell provided them, and ended up with a 4 last Christmas as part of a deal to get my mother a new phone (re: my "old" one).

While plenty of people have negative reactions to the iPhone, and there's a couple limitations I'm not thrilled over, I don't bother jailbreaking it, and given my professional life, it's been an excellent phone. It does everything I want it to, and can do a fair bit more, so it was a damned good investment, in my book. Prior to that, some soddy Samsung flip. I wasn't all that much of a cell phone person until my career demanded the accessibility, and now I'd find myself hard-pressed to go without.
o_O
Are you me? Aside from the carriers/old phones being different, this is pretty much what I was going to type.

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
T-Mobile G2 by HTC. I'm pretty sure it's called the Desire Z in Europe, but I could be wrong about that.

By far the best phone I've ever owned.

Edit: Decided to include a picture.