What upcoming games are you looking forward to?

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
The main games I am excited for right now are Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Batman: Arkham Knight.

I am cautiously optimistic about AC: Unity, AC: Rogue, Shadows of Mordor, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but will wait for reviews and possibly discounts before purchasing any of them.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Persona 5
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMix
Assassin's Creed: Rouge
Super Smash Brothers DS
Pokemon Omega Ruby

This is all I can think of right now.

Malpraxis

Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
Jul 30, 2013
Controversial: Elder Scrolls Online for PS4.
I'm among the 2 people that like that MMO, and feel more comfortable playing on a couch with a controller.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Civilization: Beyond Earth

It's my second pre-order for the year. I don't know why, the bonus is a map pack, and I never played a map in a Civ game, I always go randomly generated. But eh, if it's a pre-order, I guess I'm excited.

jamail77

May 21, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
Arkham Knight
THIS.

Johnny Novgorod said:
NOPE. There are no others, could care less what else you say. Only Arkham Knight.

Joking aside, I've always wanted to try Kingdom Hearts. So far, I've only played 358/2 Days. It was pretty fun. If nobody minds I'm just going to quote everyone with similar games on my list and use this topic as an excuse to whip out the old sarcastic, no other games matter gag.

thundra said:
arkham knight its arkham batman game thats closest thing to batman you can get.
AkaDad said:
Arkham Knight
Shoggoth2588 said:
There are quite a few games I'm looking forward to...so here's a list in no particular order:

Arkham Knight
[snippity don't care games]
Hyrule Warriors
[snip don't care]
Splatoon [this looked interesting actuallly]
[more don't cares]
Xenoblade Chronicles X [remember hearing something good about Xenoblade once
Zelda U
Ihateregistering1 said:
Arkham Knight
Z of the Na said:
Right now the sole game I am desperate to get my hands on is Hyrule Warriors. Already have it pre-purchased and preordered. All there is left to do is wait for it to be released and pick it up day one.

I love me some Dynasty Warriors and Zelda. Seemed like the perfect game for me.
sovietmisaki said:
Splatoon, Seriously, this is basically the first game that has made me really consider getting a WiiU
Arkham Knight
bishopzz said:
Batman Arkam Knight
Arkham Knight and Hyrule Warriors are EVERYTHING. In all seriousness I see some problems with those two, this is due to me being very nitpicky, very critical, very high standards about my games, but they are at the top of my list despite that. I also am waiting for Overgrowth to come. It's been in development for like 5 years now I think...it's still in alpha. I mean it's only like four guys who are working on it, but still. I hope all the ambitiousness from such a small team pays off since I really liked the demo of the original game this is a sequel to, Lugaru. I plan on getting both eventually.

Jason Rayes said:
I also can't wait for the last half of Broken Age as I've put off starting it til it's done.
I liked what I saw of Broken Age on Youtube, but I think I'll wait for a price drop once the 2nd half comes. That genre is not as enticing to me and that makes it not worth the current Part 1 $25 price tag despite the money that went into the art style and all that.

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
jamail77 said:
I liked what I saw of Broken Age on Youtube, but I think I'll wait for a price drop once the 2nd half comes. That genre is not as enticing to me and that makes it not worth the current Part 1 $25 price tag despite the money that went into the art style and all that.
I got it on sale for $12.50 for both parts so I'm happy. I haven't even touched it yet til part 2 comes out but I like Double Fine's other work so Im pretty content they won't disappoint.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Casual Shinji said:
Actually I think Evil Within was supposed to be just a 7th gen game, but received an 8th gen version later too. Same as Persona 5 which was announced as a PS3 title, but recently got revealed to be coming to the PS4 as well.

Yeah I think so too, Evil Within was first announced as Zwei when next-gen consoles weren't even announced yet. I think the game looks really cool with a lot of elements that harkens back to Mikami's magnum opus Resident Evil 4. Infact it reminds me of what should have been the real sequel to RE4 instead of the uninspired piece of shit we got. At the same time, the game also looks like something they forgot to release 5 years ago. Lots of stiff animations, jerky camera movement and old-gen physics(in the preview showing atleast). Now, I don't care as I absolutely love RE4 and play it to this day and ofcourse Mikami so I think this is a game I'm gonna enjoy a whole lot but at the same time I see the internet tearing this game a new one b/c of it's 'outdated' design. But, whatever. Not that much is needed for that to occur anyway. :p

Anyways as for games I'm looking forward to, well, Bloodborne is at the absolute top of my list(super excited about that game). With Arkham Knight a good second. Phantom Pain looks really cool too. There are a lot of other games I'm looking forward to but none come close to these games.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Shadow of Mordor- It's the Batman Arkham series meeting Assassin's Creed in one of my favorite settings. You'd have to make the game look like total shit to turn my interest off. I do think the nemesis system will make or break the game, being the one thing that really sticks out.

Dragon Age: Inquisition- I mean, I get to see my Hawke and Warden come back, bang a hot Templar lady as a giant with horns, and have the manliest man who ever did man fight along side me. As soon as Blackwall and The Iron Bull were shown, that game was mine.

Far Cry 4- More of 3, can't go wrong.

Batman: Arkham Knight- Batmobile, my favorite villain as the antagonist, and I'm sure much more has really got me pumped for this game.

Civilization: Beyond Earth: More of Civ:V only aliens are a thing. Gotta love that.

Evolve: One of those games that's caught my attention. The whole DLC thing worries me a bit, but the gameplay looks solid. But I get really cautious about games that need an online community to play. Playing on PS4 could mean the community may disappear fast.

EXos

Nov 24, 2009
The new Arkham Knight looks like fun.
Will probably put some time into GTAV (PC)
Jagged Alliance Flashback, waited fifteen years for this.

I'll wait with anything Ubisoft until I'm sure they don't screw over the new AC with Mandatory Multiplayer or that the PC version FC4 looks the same as the PS4 version.

And of course Witcher 3 because well everything.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Oh boy! So many games I want to play god dammit [2000 games, which of course I will NEVER play them all...]
But here is the games I remember right now:

Persona 5
The Witcher 3
Cyberpunk 2077
Mighty No 9
Shantae Genie something....
The new Longest Journey
Pocket Pussies
T.I.T.S
The ancient era Ace Attorney game [yep look at it!]
Disgaea 5 [I must also play the Disgaea 4 and D2......haaaaaaa...time,time, I need time.....]
Guilty Gear xrd

that all for now...

Axelotus07

Sep 4, 2014
I'm looking forward to Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, no matter how short the experience will be. I'm also anticipating The Phantom Pain just as much, if not more, since it's supposed to be much longer than the prequel. I've been a lifelong fan of the series, and I'm just amazed at how well the game is bringing the main premise together. I'm in love with the new mechanics, they seem a lot like MGS4's but more fluent and refined. Everything just looks so natural, it blows me away.

I could cave and buy it now for PS3, but I'm going to wait until I upgrade to PS4. I feel like it's one of the games that must be experienced at maximum capacity in order to be fully appreciated. Comparing the two versions is like night and day, so it's going to be worth it.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
There are a ton of games on the Wii U that I would love to play, but I don't see any way of getting my hands on one for a loooong time.

So Far Cry 4 is the only game I'm looking forward to. I just hope they don't have those shit co-op trophies that were a pain in the ass to get. But it looks fantastic, and if it feels like 3 then I'll be very happy.

I'd love to play Arkham Knight, but I won't be, and Bloodborne will have to go on without me as well.

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
Enemy Starfighter. That's about it for now.

Both Elite and Star Citizen look like they'll be pretty arcade-y, so to me they're taking the backseat in this space combat revival. I was really hoping for a space sim, but it doesn't look like anyone will deliver. I want space, not a simplistic aerodynamic model....

Save the Inertia!

Brain Tumor

Sep 4, 2014
The first is Dead Rising 3 for PC. I was very happy when this was announced, because it was the only reason I had for wanting an Xbox One at the time. Thankfully, Ill be able to play it now instead of waiting until (if ever) Xbox One gets enough exclusives for me to want to buy it!

The second is Grand Theft Auto V. I purposely didn't bother buying it for 360 or PS3 because I had a feeling it would eventually come to the PC. I am glad I was right, because it looks like it is a blast!

Thirdly, is Hyrule Warriors. I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors since 2001, and this looks pretty good. Im just hoping that it is more difficult than it looks in the videos.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot No Man's Sky. I really want to play that one, and am hoping that it comes with Oculus Rift support when the CV1 gets released.

tutututut

Sep 4, 2014
Witcher 3

hell, all the oldschool RPGs from kickstarters. I want them all, and I want them baaaaad!

BaronVH

Oct 22, 2009
Destiny, Shadow of Mordor, and Alien Isolation. The last two I will wait for a review. Lords of the Fallen has me hopeful, but gotta wait on that too.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequal. Granted I'm still trying to do stuff in Borderlands 2, but it's kind of hard to do most of that stuff without a friend or two to help, Which I usually don't have available. I'm also looking forward to Far Cry 4. Everything else I'm either waiting for more information or I simply don't care about.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
jamail77 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Arkham Knight
THIS.

Johnny Novgorod said:
NOPE. There are no others, could care less what else you say. Only Arkham Knight.

Joking aside, I've always wanted to try Kingdom Hearts. So far, I've only played 358/2 Days. It was pretty fun. If nobody minds I'm just going to quote everyone with similar games on my list and use this topic as an excuse to whip out the old sarcastic, no other games matter gag
I stopped playing the series after Kingdom Hearts 2, because I can't buy a new console every time Square Enix releases a game. Now that they've re-released most games on the PS3, I might get into the series again. Even if I have to get off at Dream Drop Distance and KH3. Again.