What was the first game you adored?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
<color=#f7f7f7>What it says in the title. This isn't necessarily the first game you played, but the first you played and thought to yourself "WOWEE, THIS IS AWESOME!"

For me, it was the old Sierra adventure game "Day of the Tentacle". The combo of the great graphics, fun story, slapstick and weird puzzles just clicked with my six-year-old self.

Also, humor me and color all your text "#f7f7f7". If you quote someone, recolor their text "white". Hopefully, we'll freak someone out. (EDIT: Good job playing along, people!)

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
It would have been either Flashback: Quest for identity or Spiderweb Software's original Exile trilogy.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction for the PS2.

The atmosphere, the characters, the dialogue, the music, the humour, the politics (the game that made me interested in military and world history) and the tactical freedom of the missions.

BambooFallen

Jan 12, 2012
The first game on which I was hooked was Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. Great isometric play, wonderful and intriguing stories, diverse character mechanics, and a classic steampunk look makes this game a permanent member of my pantheon of great games. I always return to it when I want to really dive into an alternate universe of magic and technology.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Final Fantasy 9. The Music, the art, the wonderful characters... *Sigh* I love that game.

Also please don't use invisible text. It can really annoy the crap out of people.

Like me.

Cally Rivers

Feb 16, 2011
A game called "Harley's Humongous Adventure" on the SNES.
Probably viewing it through rose-tinted glasses, though...
Looking back it seemed a bit crap but damn I played the hell out of it when I was a kid.

Oh, and Super Mario Kart. Used to love the 2 player balloon battle game.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
If I can remember, crash bash on the ps1
I still strive to play that game again, it was amazing fun

Nami nom noms

Apr 26, 2011
Sonic the Hedgehog on the megadrive.

The day I played it was the day all hope of me NOT becoming a gamer was lost.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Mass Effect, hands down. You have no idea how long I spent in that game rubbing my cursor over everything looking for every bit of Lore I could find. Not to mention all the time I spent making my PERFECT file for Mass Effect 3. Now I'm going back to get ANOTHER file ready for Mass Effect 3, no matter HOW much people are trying to convince me it'll suck.

LittleBlondeGoth

Mar 24, 2011
It's probably going to be Cadaver by the Bitmap Brothers.

I loved (still do, actually) just about every game the Bitmaps ever put out, but Cadaver was one of the first ones that really got to me. It was hard, at least it was when it's 1989 and you're about 11.

Then about a decade later, I played FFVII and had to have a cold shower and a lie down. This was the point I became hopelessly and irretrievably hooked on games.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
MechWarrior 3, it was like nothing i had ever played before. The story just drew me in. Also honourable mention goes to MechWarrior 4 too, the story really was nowhere near as good in my opinion but it was the first game i ever played on line and enjoyed. *sigh* I miss the MechWarrior games.

steampunk42

Nov 18, 2009
definatly Myst, it came with my first PC free and it was really my first video game, and i loved it. i loved the visuals, i loved the sounds, i loved the story and brilliant puzzles. for a puzzle game i found it flawless.

Highvalour

Jan 18, 2012
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver on the Play Station. Story and Voice Acting, great. Gameplay and Graphics, for their time great.

Wilco86

Oct 5, 2011
lacktheknack said:
<color=#f7f7f7>What it says in the title. This isn't necessarily the first game you played, but the first you played and thought to yourself "WOWEE, THIS IS AWESOME!"

For me, it was the old Sierra adventure game "Day of the Tentacle". The combo of the great graphics, fun story, slapstick and weird puzzles just clicked with my six-year-old self.

Also, humor me and color all your text "#f7f7f7". If you quote someone, recolor their text "white". Hopefully, we'll freak someone out.
DotT was LucasArts'. The first game I adored was Sierra's Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter (1986), hence my username Wilco86... (The player character's default name was Roger Wilco.)

Forst1999

Mar 29, 2011
Sonic 3 & Knuckles on the Mega Drive. When you put this two games together, it just became so huge (at least by my past standards).
Or was it Lands of Lore II? I loved the setting so very much.

badpun

Apr 4, 2010
hmm theres a few probably a toss up between wonderboy for sega master system, pokemon blue or super mario world for the snes

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Either Commander Keen or Scorched Earth on a Win 3.1 machine. Doom on an old Mac Performa could be another.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
Legend of Zelda Link to the Past, I still play it from time to time and I love it