What was the first game you adored?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Oooooo, that's a good question. For me as a kid, I think it was Mega Man 2. Don't think I ever beat it way back then (I could never get past the Laser Beam o' Death fall in Quick Man's stage, even with Flash Man's power) but I still loved playing it. :p

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I've played a few Nintendo games when I was little, but when I played Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Sega Genesis, I knew that I wanted to get a game console. Since then, it has been my favorite franchise.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'm not too sure which is my first. It could be-
Super Mario Land
Starwing
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Mario Kart

Cette

Legacy
Dec 16, 2011
Country
US
Ralen-Sharr said:
first game I REALLY got into was the Quest for Glory series. I just wish I could play some of those games on a modern spec PC without the game going berserk because they were made for something 10+ years past. I think Shadows of Darkness is the worst culprit if I remember right.

Maybe GoG will have them in a modern computer friendly form... I should check...

Heroes Quest (aka Quest for Glory 1 before they got sued) is still one of my favorite games. I've found builds before that will make them work on newer machines but number is still twitchy on anything newer than a 486.

Frantically trying not get killed by the Three Stooges in brigand armor.....good times.

Still got a boxed copy with the original name and both large and small floppy versions of the game.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
My very first game ever. A type of Mario game on the Gameboy Colour. (I can't remember the full name of the game).

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Sonicka said:
Spyro: The Dragon, on PS1.

I was young, he was mute, and I used to amuse my sister by doing a voice over for him and all the other characters/creatures, etc, so that she wouldn't complain and try to have a turn herself.
Same for me, what a fantastic game in every single way and it still holds up today!
Also Spyro wasn't mute, he spoke in cutscenes and whenever he rescued a dragon.

Macscotty

May 18, 2010
The first game I really adored was probably Fallout 3. Never has a game series been so good to me. Loved New Vegas and can't wait to see Fallout 4 after seeing the game engine it will use from Skyrim.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
'snake', the first video game i ever played, it was the best thing ever for a 4 year old.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Age of Empires 2. I played it for about 8 hours a day for at least a couple of months, which is even longer when you're 8.

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
Splatterhouse on Turbographics or however that console was called. It was mostly the creepy music that did it for me.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
Probably Far Cry Instincts. Great campaign and splitscreen multiplayer I shared with my friends again and again.

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
I was a big Final Fantasy fan back in the day.
But none of the FF tiles struck me like Lunar 2: Eternal Blue for PSX.

Atlantos

Jul 12, 2010
Golly, this is taking me back a looong time...

Without a doubt, Chrono Trigger. I used to wake myself up at 0630 in order to sneak in some 30 to 40 minutes before leaving for school.

Those were the days...

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
I think Tyrian. It's a vertically scrolling shooter with nice weapon customization. Blew my mind at the time. It's free on gog.com now. :)

TheOneBearded

Oct 31, 2011
Bioshock. It is so amazing that I can only express my love for it in haiku.

Game was amazing

My love is unbeatable

Fontaine can suck dick