What was the worst game that you pre-ordered?

Gincairn

Jan 14, 2010
Mine was probably Bayonetta on the ps3, I made the mistake of ordering it when I knew I'm not a fan of the genre, what made it worse was the ps3 version was broken on release

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Sims 4 I guess?

I don't really know why I bothered, considering I never have much fun with it until they do the Pets expansion and that they've cut quite a lot of content out.
I especially don't know why I bothered with the Collectors Edition.
Wish I'd gotten the Dragon Age Inquisition Collectors instead. Oh well.

You live and learn, I'm not annoyed about it because come on it's the Sims I was well aware of what I was getting into.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Rainbow_Dashtruction said:
I still don't understand how people think its got good graphics. It wasn't even the best looking Xbox 360 exclusive, and there was non-exclusives that looked better. And all that minor graphics boosting did was make local split screen lag a shitload more.
I just think it looks nice, well in terms of some of the missions anyway. I don't think it has amazing graphics (even Gears Judgment trumps it from just five months later), but there is quite a lot of it that I like the look of.

Of course, I think the game loses visual points for completely abandoning the style of the original five shooters. I mean what the fuck are these things?

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
jackknife402 said:
X:Rebirth comes to mind as it was buggy as hell, ran like crap and hardly any of the features that were said to be in it were barely fleshed out. Hell it took them 2 months to get trade working properly. That and the "everything comes from something" was obviously not there. Nothing you did mattered. I really hope with 3.0 coming out the game will finally be half of what it was promised.
Definitely X Rebirth for me too. First special edition I bought for any game because omg it's Egosoft I have to support them it's gonna be great! The lack of pre release coverage should have worried me but well...it was an Egosoft game I knew it would be buggy on launch. The problem is...it isn't only bugs, the game is fundamentally flawed and I fear that no amount of patching will make it a good game.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I generally don't pre-order unless I'm pretty "certain" I'm going to like the game, which usually means I waited and bought the first game in a series, fell in love with it, and am subsequently pre-ordering on faith.

...The exception?

...Bought the collector's edition and everything.

In my defense?

It was made by Flagstaff Studios; cast offs from the old Diablo team...and the trailers were fucking amazing. In hind sight? That's probably where all the money went.

Suffice it to say? Been a lot less easy-going with my decisions regarding early game purchases ever since.

Oh, and Mass Effect 3.

Fuck you, Casey and Walters. Just, just fuck you.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (I was 16) . Twas also the last game I ever pre-ordered. Again I don't get you people. It's not like you can't just walk into a store day of release and just pick up a copy.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ive only ever pre-ordered twice in my life; Conkers bad fur day for the N64 and Wolfenstein the new order.
While neither were a disappointment, i will have to go with The new order; i could say that its because its fun yet forgettable...but the sad truth is i sold it BUT FORGOT TO KEEP THE DOOM 4 BETA ACCESS CODE!!!

*Quietly sobs shamefully in the corner*

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Watchdogs....watchdogs....BLOODY WATCHDOGS!!

Yep, all that waiting, all that anticipation and I was so frustrated and bored out of my skull with it that I took it back to Game 7 hours later and got my cash back.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
I'm not dumb enough for the preorder trick.

Although, I have regretted numerous early access purchases, like Towns, Which was never completed and Kinetic Void, which wasn't a game when I bought it. There was also that StarForge thing, again, not a game at the time of purchase. Dunno what any of them are now, but I suspect either of those won't be a game for another 3 years.

Except for Towns. That shit's dead.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
wooty said:
Watchdogs....watchdogs....BLOODY WATCHDOGS!!

Yep, all that waiting, all that anticipation and I was so frustrated and bored out of my skull with it that I took it back to Game 7 hours later and got my cash back.
Wow, I though I was harsh on that game. Mind you, thinking about it, I can't have played it for much more than 7 hours.

I don't think I've ever pre ordered any bad games, just disappointing ones. Fallout: New Vegas is one example, I loved Fallout 3 and pretty much wanted the open world explore anywhere game again but in another location. New Vegas took my around in one big circle and straying off that path got you killed. The Last of Us is another one, but I think that was my expectations being so stupidly high for the game it was always going to be disappointing. But I grew to love that though.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
The winner of this has 2 categories.

1st wiener/loser is New Vegas; a good game but I should've waited for GOTY and all the patches. At launch it was an unplayable mess. It led to me waiting a year to pick up Skyrim and from what I heard, that was a good move.

2nd is No More Heroes, just 'cause it was so lame.

Suhi89

Oct 9, 2013
DoPo said:
Hmm, that's a hard question. I think it is Portal 2. I loved the game from start to finish. It just so happens to have been the only game I preordered.
I did not think I would be ninjad here but yeah - this is exactly what I was going to say. Almost word for word. Except I was going to add that P2 is easily in my top 5 list.

jab136

Sep 21, 2012
endtherapture said:
Mass Effect 3. It really left a bad taste in my mouth, I definitely regretted pre-ordering it.
I was wondering how long it would take for this POS failure of a finale game to show up. I pre-ordered the collectors edition, and I am never pre-ordering a game again, or buying any EA game ever again for that matter.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Definitely a tie between Brink and Spore.

One was broken and unplayable online, the other the worst example of wasted potential in gaming history. Damn near broke my heart. Never really pre-ordered again after that.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Halo Wars on the Xbox 360. The collector's edition at that, which was 80 USD. I loved Halo to death back then, as well as the Command & Conquer franchise. A Halo RTS, you say? For consoles? I was sold. Of course, being the idiot I was back then, I had not bothered to look up any actual gameplay or reviews.

It wasn't even a bad game. As blasphemous as the idea of a console RTS was, it worked surprisingly well. It just wasn't that good. Not 80 dollars good, and with superior alternatives available, I had trouble justifying playing it. 80 dollars down the drain. The stupid little collectibles were hardly worth it. That really hurt too, because that was before I had any actual disposable income - all my money came from birthdays and what have you.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Gizmo1990 said:
Z of the Na said:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

...on the Wii. I was a dumb teenager with too much access to money.
You think that is bad. Let me tell you about the last game I ever pre-ordered. Star Wars: The force unleashed 2! Now that was a real kick in the balls.
Yep, I did that too... To be fair, I enjoyed some of the mindless OP Force power craziness in the first few levels, but the game had too much shit to get away with it. I must say, that's the only pre-order ever I regret. But still, it mostly cured me of pre-orders as well.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Brink, definitely. I fell for the hype. Thought I'd get deep story and engrossing levels for the single-player experience; I got the same crap as in multiplayer with ridiculously-broken bots.

I literally spent more time downloading it than playing it.

Sosa Star

Nov 23, 2009
Mana Khemia 2. I love NIS, I love the original and these things don't get huge releases, so I preordered. Terrible game, nothing at all like the original. I was a very sad Sosa that day.