What was your first Platinum Trophy?

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I've never received one to my knowledge.

I've probably done everything you can possibly do in Dragon Age: Origins but that was on PC. It's possible I've accomplished this with inFamous 1 and/or 2 as well but I don't pay attention to achievements.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
I don't think I have even one.

I'm not much for Trophies. It's nice when I get one, I suppose, but I'm not gonna go hunting for them unless it coincides with some sort of bonus content in the game, like the skillpoints in Ratchet and Clank.
Ordinarily I never bother with them. I especially don't like having to play a game 2 or 3 times on harder difficulty settings or as some sort of time trial to get them all. But some games just hand them over naturally. The only thing I had to go out of my way to get was Challenge of the Gods in Chains of Olympus, and even then I wouldn't have if I had needed more than just that one trophy to get Platinum. I think the only other Challenge I ever did in GoW was in the second game.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Mine was Assassin's Creed II - a nice and easy Platinum trophy. No online stuff, only one tedious collectathon quest and a really fun game to play. Got it pretty soon after buying my PS3 as well. I have to admit, while I'm not a massive trophy hunter, it is a nice feeling when that Platinum pings in the corner, even for a simple game like Assassin's Creed II.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
DSK- said:
I'd hate to ask this, but, what is a platinum trophy?
On the PS3, it's the trophy you get after unlocking every other bronze/silver/gold trophy (although sometimes DLC related trophies don't count towards it), which at least for me is a rarity. Basically it's a 100% completion badge. It's just there for bragging rights.

Spushkin

Nov 2, 2011
Baron von Blitztank said:
I think my first was Assassin's Creed II. Fuck. Those. Feathers.
Even using a guide they were a pain in the ass! And what do I get? A cape which makes every fucker in every city out for my blood. Glad to know it was worth the effort.
I second the feathers thing. And which idiot thought that finding all chests does not deserve a trophy? I was after all the chests for half a game only to realize there was no need to collect them, except for money, which overflows anyway as you build up the mansion.

Assasin's Creed 2 remains the only game I bothered to platinumize on PS3.

Witcher 2 is going to be the second one (Steam Achievements), but I am cheating on that one. Insane mode is a trophy, and you can die only once, so I'm using some piece of software that restores my save games. I've died approximately 90 times by the end of Chapter 2 :D

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix. It was all fun and games until I got to the Synthesis Master trophy and the Gummi Ship Collector trophy. I have a great deal of patience when it comes to games, but those two trophies tested my very limits. Despite that, I felt an immense sense of accomplishment in fully beating a game I considered to be one of the few titles from my childhood that really spurred my love for gaming. Despite the challenges, I would do it all over again if I had to.

Sparky184

Dec 23, 2010
The first game I got all the achievements in was Prototype 2, but that was on PC, so it wasn't technically a Platinum Trophy, so I guess my first Plat was Infamous Second Son.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Smolderin said:
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix. It was all fun and games until I got to the Synthesis Master trophy and the Gummi Ship Collector trophy. I have a great deal of patience when it comes to games, but those two trophies tested my very limits. Despite that, I felt an immense sense of accomplishment in fully beating a game I considered to be one of the few titles from my childhood that really spurred my love for gaming. Despite the challenges, I would do it all over again if I had to.
It annoys me to no end that I already played the first Kingdom Hearts (on the PS2) twice and the second time I did an impeccable 100% run, optional bosses and synthesis/gummi stuff included, yet I'll probably have to do it all over by the time I inevitably get the PS3 version.

Good thing I wrote a guide while I was at it.

dancowan15

Apr 17, 2013
The Walking Dead, but that doesn't count because all the trophies are just for playing the game which I was going to do anyway. My first legit and ONLY legit platinum is for Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time. I wasn't even going for the platinum, I just played that game so much that one day I got the platinum and I didn't really think much of it.

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
Heavy Rain
Easiest game that I have to Platinum at that time. The Driving part though, spent at least half an hour to get the trophy.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
None.....I have no platinum trophies. I really don't care about them. Yes, they are fun and can give you interesting challenges if you're in a time wasting mood but I've yet to be bored enough and into a game enough to bother trying.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Burnout: Paradise. I did it before the big update screwed everyone, so according to PSN, I don't have any trophies in that game at all. Screw them.

LeviofDoom

Jul 18, 2014
Mine was Infamous: Second Son. It takes two playthroughs, but they only take about 12 hours each. Pretty easy platinum if you ask me.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Casual Shinji said:
I don't think I have even one.

I'm not much for Trophies. It's nice when I get one, I suppose, but I'm not gonna go hunting for them unless it coincides with some sort of bonus content in the game, like the skillpoints in Ratchet and Clank.
Ordinarily I never bother with them. I especially don't like having to play a game 2 or 3 times on harder difficulty settings or as some sort of time trial to get them all. But some games just hand them over naturally. The only thing I had to go out of my way to get was Challenge of the Gods in Chains of Olympus, and even then I wouldn't have if I had needed more than just that one trophy to get Platinum. I think the only other Challenge I ever did in GoW was in the second game.
I think the only Challenge I ever completed was the one in Onimusha: Warlords where the prize is unlimited magic and that purple sword that kills nearly everything in one hit except the Bosses. That and Mercenaries in Resident Evil 3, but that one was pretty easy.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Good old fashioned thread about your first gaming whatever - Platinum Trophy in this case.

I just got my first in God of War: Chains of Olympus, which is bundled for the PS3 in the God of War: Saga Collection.

Didn't even take more than 3 or 4 sessions, it's a pretty short game and if you're playing on Hard everything should unlock naturally, bar that pesky Challenge of the Gods, which I just did.

The runner up would be Assassin's Creed II. I got everything except the Trophy for collecting all feathers (and subsequently wearing the cape), which would've unlocked Platinum. But tracking those down is a pain in the ass and so far there's no good guide online.

What was your first Platinum?
If still matter I find the IGN map guide to be pretty useful when I did it about 5 days ago. Venice was still a pretty pain in the ass, so I separated everything by district, once I got all the feathers of that district I moved on the next one, get them all was about 2 4-5 hours sessions. And I have to tell you, it was not fucking worth it, not even for the archievement, I only did for the promise that I might get something good at the end (A nice scene and a useless cape were not enough for all the trouble) and mostly OCD's sake.
Also I did on the 360 and my PC to check the guide was in my room, so I just kept walking to my room to the living room back and forth which to be fair, was probably a decent enough exercise. So if your game is on PC or have you have a tablet for check it out or something then it will cut some time down.

Also my ONLY platinum is Dark Souls of all things, mostly because it's archievements are all fair enough, there are no like "kill a 10 invading ghosts in less than 10 minutes without losing health and while you try play the game upside down". So I managed that pretty good.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Diablo2000 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Good old fashioned thread about your first gaming whatever - Platinum Trophy in this case.

I just got my first in God of War: Chains of Olympus, which is bundled for the PS3 in the God of War: Saga Collection.

Didn't even take more than 3 or 4 sessions, it's a pretty short game and if you're playing on Hard everything should unlock naturally, bar that pesky Challenge of the Gods, which I just did.

The runner up would be Assassin's Creed II. I got everything except the Trophy for collecting all feathers (and subsequently wearing the cape), which would've unlocked Platinum. But tracking those down is a pain in the ass and so far there's no good guide online.

If still matter I find the IGN map guide to be pretty useful when I did it about 5 days ago. Venice was still a pretty pain in the ass, so I separated everything by district, once I got all the feathers of that district I moved on the next one, get them all was about 2 4-5 hours sessions. And I have to tell you, it was not fucking worth it, not even for the archievement, I only did for the promise that I might get something good at the end (A nice scene and a useless cape were not enough for all the trouble) and mostly OCD's sake.
Also I did on the 360 and my PC to check the guide was in my room, so I just kept walking to my room to the living room back and forth which to be fair, was probably a decent enough exercise. So if your game is on PC or have you have a tablet for check it out or something then it will cut some time down.
I got around 50-60 feathers already. My main annoyance is that even if I were to use a guide at this point, I would need to check every single noted location since there's no way I remember which feathers I got and which I didn't.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Diablo2000 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:

I got around 50-60 feathers already. My main annoyance is that even if I were to use a guide at this point, I would need to check every single noted location since there's no way I remember which feathers I got and which I didn't.
Oh, there's that too. Nevermind Venice, That's the fucking biggest pain in the whole process. Well, there's no way around it, thought you might wanna check the DNA to see how many feathers there are left and where, sometimes you already complete full distrits in the big cities and this will help you narrow the search. In the smaller cities most of them are inside the city so start there for them and the outside save for later.
I gonna start Assassin's Creed Brotherhood soon and hope they at least put a map for the feather in the game, will suck having to find yet another guide.