What was your most recent classic game purchase?

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
I recently repurchased Hogs of War after my original disk kind of melted still love playing despite it looking like awful by todays standards.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
It was either FF9 or Deus Ex, can't remember which although the latter has aged about as gracefully as that gargoyle creature known as Madonna.

Faux Furry

Apr 19, 2011
Since they are all on sale at the moment, I decided to re-purchase Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles.
Besides the sales price, the fact that Sonic & Knuckles can connect to the other classic Sonic games on an XBox 360's hard drive, adding Knuckles' campaign to the game, semi-justified re-buying them even though I already have Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Dexter Willett said:
Deus Ex: GOTY Edition. I'm convinced that the older the game, the harder it is, as I can't get past the first level.
Bear in mind that for one of the best games ever made, it has one of the worst levels ever made (possible slight bit of hyperbole there) as the first level. Get through that (even if you have to use some sort of walkthrough) then the game actually becomes fun.

Bleedingskye

Mar 19, 2011
Just picked up Zelda Majora's Mask...really upset with myself that I never got it when it came out. I lost a whole summer of my life to Ocarina of Time. I must have Zelda-ed myself out and missed it's release, but I'm loving it.

Also just picked up Batman Arkham Asylum, what fantastic game.

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
Was going to say Baldur's Gate but after reading this
Lukeje said:
Earthworm Jim 1 and 2, and MDK, both from gog.com; such an awesome sale they have going.
And spending 5 minutes at GOG I have to change my answers to Earthworm Jim 1&2.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
mikecoulter said:
Personally, I've tried to complete Half Life 2 quite a few times, but I've lost interest after a few hours. Whereas I really appreciate and like the game, I couldn't follow its story properly.

To help combat this, I just purchased the original Half Life.

What was your most recent classic game purchase?

Edit:

Annoyed with myself for buying the normal version, not the remastered Source version. [small]Sadface.[/small]
Trust me, you want the older version for the mods. Sven Co-op, Counter-Strike, Afraid of Monsters and other mods are great.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Probably when I bought Silent Hill 1 on PSN. It actually turned out to be pretty decent considering its age, and despite the awful (in a humorous way, at least) dialog, it still managed to be scary. Also, my dad happened to be in the room when Dahlia Gillespie decided to introduce herself, and he was all "what the hell kind of name is that?!" It was hilarious. XD

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
I didn't really purchase it, but F.E.A.R.

Funny thing was, its graphics were a bit ahead of its time.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Raptor: Call of the Shadows

made back in 1994 :p got it 4 weeks ago in GoG.com ^^ ooooh the nostalgia

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Kadoodle said:
I didn't really purchase it, but F.E.A.R.

Funny thing was, its graphics were a bit ahead of its time.
indeed it was :p and ... still scary as hell xD

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Not what I'd really call "classic" but I did just buy Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy on steam a couple days ago because....well because why the fuck not. Forgot how fun it was.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Just found out I'm missing my Persona 3 disc; get that a lot, empty cases.
Anybody played the Psp version? I'm looking which version I oughta get...

super_mumbles

Sep 24, 2008
Diablo 2

Played it with two others and even though I had no past experience with it, I had a great time playing it.