What weapons are you proficient with?

May 6, 2009
I have 14 years of training in Isshinryu, Chinese Kenpo, Wushu, Capoeira, Aikido, and Shotokan, all of which adds up to roughly zero proficiency in anything. Two years of knockdown karate on the other hand means I can kick you in the leg until you fall down.

I used to collect a lot of guns, but I'm not really particularly good with any of them except my father's old S&W .22lr pistol, which I can shoot decent groups with at 40 yards because that's the distance I practiced at extensively. Shorter or longer distances, not so much.

So if you come up on me I'll have to put out some stakes at 40 yards and try to get you with a headshot. If I miss, oy! I'll give you such a kick!

Captain Schpack

Apr 22, 2009
I'm hoping (later in life) to be proficeint with a Winchester 1892 Short, a Mossberg 500?, a Colt .45, a .44 Magnum, and throwing. Obviously, this is very ambitious.

Fozza

Jul 6, 2010
Well, I believe anyone may defend themselves with an improvised weapon, such as a guitar, a chair.
A knife/dagger would surely suffice for me, enven though I know the basics of firing and reloding a regular handgun.

Xorph

Aug 24, 2010
A Shotgun (12 gauge), a .22 rifle, a pistol, a compound bow, and a longstaff. The first two I used extensively at Scout Camp, I've fired a very realistic looking CO2 pistol, so i could adjust quickly, I own my own bow, and have a 5+ collection of staff-like branches I've found.

mageroel

Jan 25, 2010
I am proficient with many kinds of swords, sticks (one- or two-handed, or staffs), probably blunt weapons and my hands.
Oh right I forgot bows.

Quala

Mar 18, 2009
Never fired a gun before, more firearms restrictions here in Canada. I want to learn judo, but nowhere nearby teaches it, and also some kind of sword fighting would be cool to know. There aren't really any weapons in my house, unless large kitchen knives count.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I am proficient in the operation of most firearms. While I may never have fired a Colt Anaconda for example, my experience with other large caliber hand guns and revolvers ensures that I'd quickly adapt. The same could be said of various shotguns (or other long arms) and a variety of automatic weapons. In some cases, my immediate proficiency would be relegated to effectively firing said weapon accurately. The mechanical operations of the safety, reloading and other similar tasks may be unfamiliar and would require practice before I could claim proficiency. I could also best most any person I meet on the street in a classical European duel, though the utility of this skill is suspect at best since, in my lifetime at least, I have never heard of such a skill being leveraged for any purpose other than sport.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
I am a decent shot with my rifle (SKS, the civilian AK47) and shotgun (not sure the model), but I prefer swords. I am quite good with my katana and gladius. I also have a naginata (in lamens terms, a Japanese sword on a stick) which I am decent with. I wish I could find a decent halberd or poleaxe to buy or a good-quality medieval hand-and-a-half/bastard sword.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
I can fire rifles pretty well, and I am okay at shooting pistols. I can use a hockey stick to good effect I bet.

Sam G

Jul 14, 2009
Would you believe a gunblade? Seriously, I bought a wooden replica version of the Hyperion from Final Fantasy 8 at Comic-Con about a year ago, and have since spent hours and hours waving it around, pretending I'm practicing with it. I'm still not at a level where I could fend off a particularly aggravated little girl, but hell, I'm more "proficient" with it than anything else...

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
Frozen cans of Mountain Dew. I once pelted a guy with one from a good twenty yards. Knocked him out cold.

JBGigas

Dec 19, 2009
Katana

Thowing Knives

Pistol Type Crossbow

I know how to use all of them... Ok I'm still training with katana.
But my sister promised to teach me.

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
I'm most proficient at the G36 assault rifle and the MG3 machine gun. The army does that to you. I've spent more time with those weapons than any others. If I get to keep my glasses on, I'm a pretty damn good shot, too. Being an engineer, I can also make things go boom really well, if given the chance.

Besides that, I have full proficiency in the AK series, the M16 and the M5. I'm far more able with assault rifles than sub-machine guns, though. [small]That's why I should not be the one clearing out buildings.[/small]

In addition to all that, I'm extremely well-versed in the H&K USP, the pistol I used back in military courses and the one I currently own as my home defense weapon of choice.

I also own a lovely bolt-action Mauser M98 Magnum. Only to be used for hunting and firearm practice, of course.

As for hand-to-hand combat, I am decent at bayonets and my infantry officer's parade sword. My fists are far more deadly than either of those, though. Years of self-destructive tendencies can do that to you.

Good God, I really know too much about those things.

Ironsouled

Nov 5, 2009
Throwing knives, my usual trenchcoat loadout is 24, fighting knives, trenchcoat carries 2 9 1/2 inch battle knives, the punch dagger concealed in one of my belt buckles, any rifle (my favorite being my Remington 7mm mag... God do I love you), pistols, and single action revolvers. I hate the hard trigger pull on most dual actions, sends my accuracy all to hell. I can use most swords but... swords vs. a throwing knife in the eye, I win.

Oh, and poison. HAving extensively studied horticulture and chemistry, I can whip up just about anything I know the chemical name for.

Lastly (seriously) explosives count? thanks to my job I can aquire Semtex in rather large quantities.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008

MagicMouse said:
I am particularly proud of my Archery skills. I could hit you in the eye, at 30-40 yards.
I can too!

Just not very consistently nor on command.

ajofflight

Jun 5, 2010
Polearms mostly. That sort of extends to creative use of a baseball bat for blocking and whatnot. And I've had a little bit of training with a Sabre, but not enough to count, really.