What weapons are you proficient with?

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
knight of some random number said:
I'm good with a sword, but could be better. (I would love to find a kendo master who could teach me more, but I can't seem to find any classes that teach kendo.) I can also use a bow and arrow as well.
Friendly advice: Look for someone who can teach you cane-fighting, baton, or sticking. MUCH more useful than kendo.

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
I am self-taught in swordfighting, and I'm a blackbelt in Karate

So no weapon, really. But I can cut faces open with a wet towel.

Jun 11, 2008
I am able to use my fists quite well as I do Karate and have done so for quite awhile. I also have some experience using 12 guage huntnig shotguns and a Bolt action rifle. The rifle I have used scoped with a stand as it is also used for hunting.

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
hittite said:
The Maverick

Also Quite Proficent with an air rifle, fencing sword, baseball bat
Kinda lost my skill at using a bow :(

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
Anchupom said:
I am self-taught in swordfighting, and I'm a blackbelt in Karate

So no weapon, really. But I can cut faces open with a wet towel.
No particular school of karate. No mention as to the style of swordsmanship. Ludacrous explanation as to how swordsmanship was acquired. No examples of content or technique. Completes with a boast.

Yeah... I'm calling Internet Tough Guy on this.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I'm deadly efficient with Nunchucks and a Bow, like really good with a bow.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Only been shooting one day, all day long, but what I was best naturally suited towards was handguns. We were shooting at a relatively short range, so this isn't like so unusual I guess, but I had a vastly higher accuracy firing handguns than with a rifle (at about the same range and rate of fire).

edit-

Also I used to go around practicing bull dogging with knives a lot, so I'm not very initially agile but if I managed to land a blow with either my knife hand or off hand without being stabbed first I'd probably be able to take someone down.

zhoominator

Jan 30, 2010
I'm pretty good with anything long and heavy. In the real world there are no such things as "rules" when it comes to fighting, so I make it hurt.

Not that I'm really into fighting or anything but apparently I'm pretty dangerous (so said my Judo instructor, but not because I was particularly skilled at Judo :D)

jdun

Aug 5, 2008
Teddy Roosevelt said:
Eren Murtaugh said:
Wadders said:
Teddy Roosevelt said:
Eren Murtaugh said:
I'm good with any kind of pistol, sub-machine guns, and rifles. Boot camp teaches us that. Also, I can fly a FA-18 Fighter Jet, and an Apache Attack Helicopter.
Wait, you served as an Army chopper pilot and a Navy fighter pilot?
He's 19 according to his profile. I doubt what he says is true.
I joined boot camp at 18. It doesn't take that long to learn how to fly. The helicopters are hard as hell, tho. I still don't have my proficiency for them yet. But I CAN fly. Just not as well as a jet.
Yeah, but the AH-64 is Army, the F/A-18 is Navy, and being a 19 year old pilot is one hell of a thing to accomplish, seeing as how pilots have to be officers. So, aside from my doubts that an air force pilot is flying an army chopper and a carrier-based jet operated by the Navy, the fact that you could be a 19 year old officer is very impressive, however unlikely.

If you are telling the truth, I apologize for my doubts and good job to you, but, again, I have to question what you say.
He's lying. The US Airforce do not have Apache. The US Airforce does not have F18. It doesn't take less than a year to train pilots. It takes years and millions of dollars. They will train you in one type of aircraft. In other words if you were trained to fly a F15 you won't be allow to fly an F22. There are exception if they need pilots for a new type of aircraft like the F22 they will retrain other pilots for that roll.

Getting into the US Airforce doesn't make you a pilot. Over 95% of US Airforce servicemen and women aren't pilot. They do support rolls which is very important.

Ildecia

Nov 8, 2009
I'm an Adept of Shiranui Ryu and i'm pretty damn good the following:

Dual swords
Katana
My fists (2 black belts)
a Bow (archery)
and i'm a level 10 black mage :p

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Well, I'm a black belt in Aikido, but it's been years since I've practiced, so I'm not sure that counts.

I have minor training with a katana, but I've got a fair amount with a bo staff.

I don't have any real experience with a gun per se, but if games are any indication, I'm not a bad shot with a sniper rifle.

I'd also like to say that we, as a website, should form our own army. I mean, geez, some people on this site are freaking dangerous, if this topic is any indication. We'd be unstoppable.

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
Please tell me we have some Welshmen who can use the longbow in here - if only to restore at least part of my faith in the Isles.
Or Germans who can use a throwing axe/zweihander?
Scottish snipers/claymores?

I'm big on people getting in touch with their ancestral killing roots.