What weapons are you proficient with?

probunk

Nov 12, 2009
In this thread: The Annual Internet Tough Guy's convention begins with a parade of semi-relevant badass posturing and bragging. Weapons, usually heard about from video games or 'friends' with actual experience, are shared, while the slightly more subtle members of the herd make terrible jokes to attract loathsome females.

Tomorrow, a gathering of "Elite Tactical Delta Force Spetsnaz' veterans.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
I am very proficient with "weapons" like shivs, butterfly knives and normal knives.
Oh, and airsoft guns, I'mfucking deadly with one of those!

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
Aeriath said:
Krythe said:
Aeriath said:
Krythe said:
SNIP
I more meant with a rifle - archery is traditionally more of a welsh thing, though that's not to say you didn't find badasses all over the isles. (I still laugh about how that burning suicide-bomber a while back was rugby-tackled and beaten into unconciousness.)

And practicing with ANY sword puts a person head & shoulders about most internet tough guys, claiming to be weapon masters with black belts in dozens of martial arts.

I am competent with a Foil and Sabre in fencing (which are very light in comparison to a claymore) so I guess the basics I know may help, but I still get the feeling that I'd be very sluggish with the claymore.
Of course you would be. A foil or sabre weighs almost nothing and you can get in a few good solid smacks before running away. As far as the claymore's concerned, you may as well try to swing a tree trunk around your head.

tjcross

Apr 14, 2008
my fists (karate, yellow belt), a staff, daggers, my pellet rifle (i live in Canada so no real guns allowed) and darts i'm also ok with a bow and can throw a rock pretty damn hard oh and i can use a sledge hammer

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I'm actually OK with quarterstaves, and possibly pistols. I'm also not afraid to kick you where it hurts.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
Staffs, swords, knives, bows, tonfas, polearms, and fists for non-gunpowder weapons

Black-powder muskets, .22 rifles, and lower caliber handguns for firearms.

By proficiency, I mean familiarity and at least some training in each of them. I don't know everything but I'm comfortable with anything I pick up.

tjcross

Apr 14, 2008
lacktheknack said:
I'm also not afraid to kick you where it hurts.
all's fair in love and war and a fight is war enough honestly i think people who won't exploit well known weaknesses of there enemies if they need to are idiots

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
My own two hands...and feet.

I actually am a black belt and legally I could be charged with aggrevated assault if I were to attack anyone unprovoked. Apparently I could also get assault with a deadly weapon.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Eren Murtaugh said:
Wadders said:
Teddy Roosevelt said:
Eren Murtaugh said:
I'm good with any kind of pistol, sub-machine guns, and rifles. Boot camp teaches us that. Also, I can fly a FA-18 Fighter Jet, and an Apache Attack Helicopter.
Wait, you served as an Army chopper pilot and a Navy fighter pilot?
He's 19 according to his profile. I doubt what he says is true.
I joined boot camp at 18. It doesn't take that long to learn how to fly. The helicopters are hard as hell, tho. I still don't have my proficiency for them yet. But I CAN fly. Just not as well as a jet.
Hm fair enough, but it still seems kinda breif to me. In our (U.K.) Army Air Corps, to fly an Apache gunship you'll almost certainly need to be an officer (11 month - 47 weeks approx training) then undergo 59 weeks of army aircraft training, then finally you're trained in whatever aircraft, in this case an Apache, for a further 26 weeks, amounting to about weeks 132 in total. Which is over 2 years, so even if you joined at 17, in the British army you'd only just have been able to fly an Apache, hence my scepticism when you claimed to be able to fly 2 aircraft.

All of those figures can be found on the MoD website.

But still, I'm guessing the USAF or whatever have shorter training?

probunk said:
In this thread: The Annual Internet Tough Guy's convention begins with a parade of semi-relevant badass posturing and bragging. Weapons, usually heard about from video games or 'friends' with actual experience, are shared, while the slightly more subtle members of the herd make terrible jokes to attract loathsome females.

Tomorrow, a gathering of "Elite Tactical Delta Force Spetsnaz' veterans.
I lol'd. I can only use shotguns, and even then hunting semi-autos and over/ under shotguns are the only kind that I have any familiarity with.

It's pretty funny when you see people claim to be with skilled longswords and daggars and all that medieval shit. I mean how do they know theyre any good? They are proficient with these weapons compared to whom? and who the hell trained them?

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
While I have fired a few guns I am a long way from proficient with anything.

Theninja'skatana

Aug 29, 2010
Nunchuks Gosh.
No really I'm a pacifist so no actual skills..aside from swords and words
"whats to understand about swords swish,swish, death it's not a fighter jet."
Hey I can people to take off their clothes... leaving them in a weakned state! Ha!