What Were You Doing When The World 'Was Going To End'?

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
As you Escapists may or may not know, a hubub was made about a nutter from Staten Island with $140,000 USD to spend on advertising on his book that stated the world was going to end on May 21st, 2011 at 6 p.m. EST. Safe to say, that didn't happen and the man was made a laughingstock.

But hey, maybe you did something mildly special in honor of the 'world's end'. Did you spend the time doing some extra sinning, repenting, doing some extra drinking, or were you utterly unaware of the end of the world's approach? I'm curious to know.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I was playing Sengoku Basara. What better way to end the world than to play as the phenomenally unlucky Kanbe Kuroda?

Who Dares Wins

Dec 26, 2009
Meh, didn't care.
"It's going to start at 6PM". Sure it will you senile old man, because surely God aligns himself to our time. It was midnight here when it was 6PM in America, I was browsing the interwebz at the time.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Riding in a friend's car. On the way to a church for his sister's communion, oddly enough.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
I was on here, where would I rather be?
At the time I was eating bacon and asparagus with pasta, because you can't have a false apocalypse on an empty stomach...

-AC80-

Jul 10, 2009
playing Shogun 2 dominating an AI who thought it was a good idea to declare war on me and hijack my trade root.

Jul 9, 2008
I was in a restaurant with my family, celebrating my brother's graduation from University. Funny thing, around 6:00 (not too close, but within an hour), the lights dimmed (for a birthday thingy, but that wasn't immediately apparent). The guy at the table next to mine shouted "It's the Rapture!" almost immediately, though he was clearly joking.

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
Taking a dump.
"Hey Jesus. Can this wait. I'm pretty sure you don't want this coming up with you. Oh. You're busy too? Randy Savage has you in a headlock? Nevermind."

My Christian friend punched me for that joke. Everyone else thought it was hilarious.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Portal 2 co-op. Celebrated/mourned the lack of rapture shortly after with some pizza. Good night overall I'd say.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I have no idea, but does anyone have any news on what is happening to those who believed the world was going to end. What did the guy do when absolutely nothing happened, how have his followers reacted?

kjh242

Jan 7, 2010
Hmmmmm... I was eating a burrito the size of my face. They don't call that particular brand of gluttony the "Big as yo' face" burrito for nothing.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
There was a thread about this yesterday, but I think I actually said the wrong thing in that thread.

Well either way I was either playing Magic or playing LA Noire. I did notice, however, that all day it was beautiful outside, but around 5:45 the skies started to turn dark...

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
I was playing Halo: Reach with some friends on Xbox live, we had all started a countdown at 5:59 P.M., it was pretty cool.

Kitteh

Mar 31, 2010
Taking a nap. Where was I when the news of Osama's killing came out? For lack of a better term, I was spanking the monkey.

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
I was playing the board game Descent at a convention while I quietly passed my flask of Crown Royal amongst my buddies.