What will the next Halo game be about?

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
You should already know this, but in case you don't there will be more halo games after reach and I have no idea what they could possibly be about.They can't just keep using masterchief, and if they make another ODST I'm going to light my 360 on fire and drop it off of a roof.
The only thing I can think of is a game where you play as Sargent Johnson and fight the covenant with your new lazer-vision But I don't think Microsoft will take my idea seriously.

What do you think it will be about?

This is where i got the idea.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Thunderhorse31 said:
They can't keep using Master Chief? Did you see the ending to Halo 3?
By the time he gets back to human space he'll be a relic. If they do a story about that planet thing, it won't really be a Halo game, more like a cold reboot of the series.

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
Halo: Invasion of The Escapist
It'll be like the upcoming game, but instead of being the defenders you're the aggressors. And instead of assaulting Reach you will be invading the forums and posting Halo thread after Halo thread to annoy the users tired of seeing said Halo threads. You will only attain 100% completion of the game when you have filled the entire front page of the Gaming Discussion forum with Halo threads.

On topic: I have absolutely no idea.

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
Terminate421 said:
One made by Bungie.....Thats it, maybe a Forerunner vs. Flood game
But the only weapons that they appear to have are energy sword thingies and that wouldn't really be much fun.

Benmonkey7

Jun 15, 2010
I'm hoping there is no more Halo games. Halo: Reach will be the best of it, so they should end on a high note instead of squeezing out the series for all of it's money.

Stewardesses

Jun 5, 2010
Nobody here is allowed to talk unless they know the story of halo.

For starters:
Halo4 (cliffhanger)
Halo: ODST 2 (Shut up, it was a good game with a good set of characters)
Halo: Forerunners vs flood (only with a better name)
Halo: First strike / Ghosts of onyx / contact harvest / cole protocol (Books)

I think those four would suffice, but I think Bungie will stop at seven games (only 2 to go since HaloWars wouldn't count)

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
scnj said:
Thunderhorse31 said:
They can't keep using Master Chief? Did you see the ending to Halo 3?
By the time he gets back to human space he'll be a relic. If they do a story about that planet thing, it won't really be a Halo game, more like a cold reboot of the series.
The war with the covenant is pretty much over. The flood are starting to spread (which wiped out the forerunners), and MC+Cortana are headed to what looks like a forerunner planet.

If he doesn't find a macguffin to fix everything and use some fancy tech to warp back to Earth, then frankly, I'm baffled. Unless it turns out forerunners are bad guys too...that could be it actually, they want to fire the rings to sort out the flood again and become the Covenant II.

It's either that, or visiting past events in the expanded universe; which I think we can all agree that Metroid doing it is enough franchises looking at the past.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
gabe12301 said:
Terminate421 said:
One made by Bungie.....Thats it, maybe a Forerunner vs. Flood game
But the only weapons that they appear to have are energy sword thingies and that wouldn't really be much fun.
Wrong

What we have are sentinel beams and even then, those are the weapons used by the sentinels. Not the forerunners, for all we know, the forerunners could have made other guns.

What you are trying to say are the Halo energy swords used by the covenant, the covenants weapons were based off the forerunners but werent their exact weaponry.

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
I thought they were stopping after reach. If they were to make a new one, however, I think they should focus on sangheili culture.

Ashsaver

Your friendly Yandere
Jun 10, 2010
Halo farm:A futuristic Harvestmoon where you play as Arbiter in his youth running his grandfather's farm.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
I would say Harvest considering that was be for Reach. If they even make another game.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Berserker119 said:
I thought they were stopping after reach.
Uh, yeah, aren't they? Or are they giving the rights to Halo over to another developer, like Naughty Dog did with Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter?

Well, I'll have to wait for Reach before wishing for more stuff on Halo.

ars731

Nov 10, 2006
Nothing, because I frankly think they should stop after Reach. the story has been told, and they got 3 games and 2 spinoffs and a gob of novels and comics. its a complete story cycle and should stay that way

slackerkuwabara

Mar 12, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Berserker119 said:
I thought they were stopping after reach.
Uh, yeah, aren't they? Or are they giving the rights to Halo over to another developer, like Naughty Dog did with Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter?

Well, I'll have to wait for Reach before wishing for more stuff on Halo.
Bungie is done after Reach. Microsoft owns the rights to Halo so they created 343 Industries to deal with all things Halo. So its very possible that they (343) could turn something out...only time will tell.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
If you're blacking out reach until you get it, do not read on.

With a space combat section appearing in reach, I have a feeling this may prove a trial run for something bigger. A halo space combat sim, perhaps? Sure, UNSC came out of most space battles worse for wear, but don't gamers generally adore the thrill of being the underdog? Being in an impossible situation? Otherwise, I wouldn't rule out Halo wars returning, or even microsoft attempting to resucitate (sp?) the chief, although I don't think that would be a good idea. I would really like to see some sort of "legends" game. Jumping through the Halo series' history, it would feature different chapters of playing as different characters, The chief, other spartans, Sargeant Johnson, maybe even Forge, some ODSTs, not necessarily the "ODST" squad, though.

I also remember something a friend said after seeing the "we are ODST" trailer. He said a "battlefield" esque "realistic" halo game, in which you played as a standard marine. This would be difficult to accomplish, but it would be very interesting.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Hey how about no a unique game that has no relationship to Hal-
*Is mobbed by fans*