What will the next Halo game be about?

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
Terminate421 said:
gabe12301 said:
Terminate421 said:
One made by Bungie.....Thats it, maybe a Forerunner vs. Flood game
But the only weapons that they appear to have are energy sword thingies and that wouldn't really be much fun.
Wrong

What we have are sentinel beams and even then, those are the weapons used by the sentinels. Not the forerunners, for all we know, the forerunners could have made other guns.

What you are trying to say are the Halo energy swords used by the covenant, the covenants weapons were based off the forerunners but werent their exact weaponry.
I wasn't talking about either of those I was talking about the gun/sword thing from halo legends that actually shoots sword shaped beams.

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
What about a game where you play as a grunt and at the end of each level you get killed in a hilarious way by a random spartan.

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
gabe12301 said:
What about a game where you play as a grunt and at the end of each level you get killed in a hilarious way by a random spartan.
You, sir, are a genius. I remember downloading an add on for Halo: CE that let you switch bodies with other game characters, and I played through the campaign as a grunt. (Except that god awful Library level.) So that would actually be pretty fun.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
Thunderhorse31 said:
They can't keep using Master Chief? Did you see the ending to Halo 3?
Actually, Halo is just a big prequel trilogy to Bungie's prior series, Marathon.

And Reach is a prequel to that.

I predict a first contact Halo game.

They love their damn prequels...

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Not about Halo. All I can say. Is Halo even in the story of Reach? Now its just a setting for multiplayer maps.

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
didn't you hear? bungie said halo: reach will be the absoulte last halo game ever. no more halo after this. i have a feeling everyone here knows that though, so don't flame me. if you don't, well, you're not halo fans.

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
mega48man said:
didn't you hear? bungie said halo: reach will be the absoulte last halo game ever. no more halo after this. i have a feeling everyone here knows that though, so don't flame me. if you don't, well, you're not halo fans.
Bungie never said anything like that. Bungie said that it would be the last halo game made by them.Microsoft specifically said There will be more halo games but just not by Bungie.

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
Me and some other friends agree that the first thing 343 should do is remake Halo 1 with all the commodities of Reach.

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
Erm, the events after Halo 3?
That's the obvious route.

They could also do a game about Master Chief and Blue Team's early years, or perhaps go through "First Strike" or "Ghosts of Onyx".

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Stewardesses said:
Nobody here is allowed to talk unless they know the story of halo.

For starters:
Halo4 (cliffhanger)
Halo: ODST 2 (Shut up, it was a good game with a good set of characters)
Halo: Forerunners vs flood (only with a better name)
Halo: First strike / Ghosts of onyx / contact harvest / cole protocol (Books)

I think those four would suffice, but I think Bungie will stop at seven games (only 2 to go since HaloWars wouldn't count)
It might be cool to play as one of the original 28 Spartans that were created...it was 28, right?

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
Scrumpmonkey said:
Or hookers. Hookers in space. Im surprised that game hasn't been made yet.
And forget the space part, just the hookers will do.

OT: I'd actually like another Halo Wars game. I really enjoyed the first one more than I ever thought I would.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Bungie should make one about Spartan 1337 from 'Odd One out'.

Parodying their own franchise would be refreshing.

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
gabe12301 said:
mega48man said:
Bungie never said anything like that. Bungie said that it would be the last halo game made by them.Microsoft specifically said There will be more halo games but just not by Bungie.
.....really? you think another developer is gonna pick up the franchise? ...... if a tree falls in the forest, does treyarch still make a good call of duty game? let's wait to see how that developer switch goes, and THEN we can talk about swapping halo like swapping spit between two chicks.

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
A non bungie halo game will blow.

Bungie is currently creating a completely new game engine so that they can use it in a new series with activision.