What would be a great setting for Assassin's Creed 3

ilion

Aug 20, 2009
Blade runner \ Neuromancer, cyberpunk, think of the possibilities... but it would probably be too much like gta, dont know, depends...

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Part of the appeal of AC is that there is a typical ninja character who works away from the generic feudal-Japanese environment. Having you dash across pagodas would be taking a step backwards.

Dooblet

May 14, 2009
Weird, i was talking to my friend today about where we would like to see AC3. I suggested the Industrial Revolution and he agreed. My opinion from this morning stays the same.

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
Enigmers said:
I'm not sure what decade this would be, but it's the age of the fedora-wearing private eye kind of character, see "Tracer Bullet."

P.S. seriously if someone could tell me the proper name for that era/type of character that'd be awesome.
You mean a P.I.? That would be in the 1930's to 1950's, and maybe a little after that.

adledog

Dec 28, 2008
Definitely has to be in the future w/ Desmond. Thats what its all been leading up to, I just hope they dont ruin it with too much gunfighting.

Zildjin81

Feb 7, 2009
Victorian England would be full of awesome.

Or ancient Egypt, I guess.

Or future.

ThatOneJewYouNo

Sep 22, 2009
I think a great setting would be... 2012, which I'd predict it will be.

Not to try and mock the thoughts of it being anywhere besides the present, but there'd be no significant point in Assassin's Creed II if it wasn't in the present. That's of course, unless there's more than three games... Then I'd go for sometime around the Great Depression, a city full of poverty and gangs ruling the streets would make for an epic assassination story.

So yeah, my call's for the present. :D

Maddenfreak

Jul 15, 2008
hmm, maybe an 18th century patriot in a colinized america assassinating redcoats and dudes in wigs

Vidiot

May 23, 2008
My vote goes for the "present" (AC1 and 2 take place in the near future) I'd imagine the game will take place in the days and weeks leading up to Dec 21, 2012. As was hinted at in the first game, Abstergo plans to launch the replacement Apple on that date, and the ending of AC2 hinted at (minimal spoilers) a magnetic shift and some kind of astronomical event.

clank1013

May 21, 2009
i was joking around at the assassins creed 2 launch and said "ww2 willbe the next time, mark my words", i just think it would be funny is that was true. but i like the thought at WanderFreak put up, saying that desmond would be the 3rd assassin. it makes sence man

ryanxm

Jan 19, 2009
same i mean if apearently the ONLY thing he got from altiar whas egal vision (which i find hard to belive but apearently so) and all the skills of the art of assassination then what else might he need? i think a modern seting might be GREAT only if done right and all over the world though....mabey that might be to much...mabey the american cival war? or mabey a time when pirates were a large threat (being a assassin pirate wuld be so cool)hmmm lot of choices

GQSmoos

May 8, 2009
Only read the first few posts, so **** me if I'm repeating someone, but it seemed pretty obvious to me by the way the game ended that the next one would be set in present day and we'd be *** ****ing abstergo.

Baby Eater

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Aug 27, 2009
I hope it's in present times but no machine guns! if that happened we'd have a skinny marcus pheonix

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Rombauer said:
Why not go back in time to the time of the Mongol Empire?
Because the Mongols didn't build tall, close-knit cities. Most of the places they invaded would be equally as boring for the same reason.

Whilst a good portion will be in the future, and there is no obvious reason to have to go back into the past now that Desmond has aquired the skills, I don't think they are willing to give up the whole animus plot device. They'll probably work it into the plot that they have to go back to a time period where some world saving macguffin was revealed - which could be any time the game developers fancy.