What Would Happen If Your Two Favorite Games Merged?

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
MammothBlade said:
Only two favourite games? Shit, that's too hard to pin down. But let's say the Persona and Deus Ex series.

Well, they both have a division between "social" and "combat" modes. Let's take Human Revolution's dialogue system and mash it up with Persona's social links. Wow, that's a real game changer. So, you have to pay close attention to the way the conversation is going. Perfect. And the dialogue would have a noticeable impact upon the direction of the story. SOOOOOOOO AMAZING.

Other than that, well, the combat elements of the game would be totally crazy. How do we mix the two? They're about as antithetical as you can get. Turn-based combat vs. real-time stealth action. I'd take the latter.

Like Deus Ex, the main character would be a cyborg/robot, but with more fantastical powers. Think Aigis and the other Anti-Shadow weapons. Now imagine her as a Deus Ex protagonist with all kinds of augmentations. Orgia mode? Of course! Pandora missiles? HELL YEAH. And it only gets crazier from there, pandora missiles wouldn't even compare to the almighty flare. The available upgrades would make for a perfect fusion of science and magic, invoking Clarke's third law that sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Let's go a step further, Shadow operatives and the Investigation team have to use Kirijo tech to augment their bodies with the "Plumes of Dawn" that give Aigis and Labrys their human emotions and souls. These plumes allow each of the characters to create a shroud around them that replicates their persona abilities without the need of an envoker: Narukami's sword becomes Izanagi's, Kanji gets a giant sword along with his giant shield, and Mitsuo gets a whip to use. Make it a combination of Deus Ex style conversation monitoring and social links like you suggest and add a bit of over-the-top Blazblue/DMC combat and the two spheres of story and gameplay would finally come together in a satisfying but convoluted form.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
the hidden eagle said:
Assassin's Creed and Metal Gear Solid:a game where you must sneak through enemy bases while having a badass cloak and hidden blade plus all the weapons of the Metal Gear Solid series.
And a high frequency blade, don't forget the high frequency blade

captcha: that's enough

IT'S NEVER ENOUGH, MORE PIECES

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
Allow me to briefly take this opportunity to say that this is my favorite thread topic in quite awhile.

Anyway, this combination-game puts you in the (first-person) shoes of an intergalactic bounty hunter hunting down a contingent of Space Pirates on an alien world. However, a mishap near the game's beginning sees you losing almost all of your power armor-enabled abilities and trapped in a blank, sterile Space Pirate testing laboratory, from which you soon appropriate an experimental device that opens pairs of interdimensional portals. As you travel through the sprawling, obstacle course-like facility, you are overseen and taunted by the Space Pirate commander: a passive-aggressive, mentally unstable, cybernetic female space dragon responsible for orphaning you during a Pirate raid on your homeworld as a child (a fact she always loves bringing up).

The gameplay equally taxes your wits (via your efforts to use this device and your power armor's various weapon and locomotion systems to navigate through the laboratory) and your mettle (by forcing you to put these same tools to use in doing battle with the Space Pirates and their sinister machinations, along with what local alien wildlife manages to find its way into the facility). The background story is enriched by a mechanic wherein the player can scan enemies, terminals, and other features of the environment, which doubles as a hint system and puzzle-solving tool. As you progress, you regain your lost abilities (plus quite a few new ones), gradually unlocking previously-unreachable areas to explore until maybe two-thirds of the way through the game, when the player finally escapes the facility and, free to explore the exotic alien planet with their portal device and power armor, takes hold of the situation and directly pursues the Space Pirate commander (to her obvious panic).

Increasingly frantic, the robotic space dragon devotes her resources not only to sending more Pirate forces after you (including several that have reverse-engineered your weapons systems and even wield prototype portal guns of their own), but also putting as much of the vicious, gigantic local fauna between you and herself as possible. But no matter how menacing your adversaries become, your proficiency with the tools you've assembled ultimately see you through, and after infiltrating the Space Pirate base of operations, you at last come face-to-face with your target, who activates the base's self-destruct sequence in her desperation. Damaging the armed, ferocious, and vocally resentful Space Pirate leader by aiming for her vulnerable chest plating, you knock off a series of crucial components and dump them in a nearby furnace with the aid of your portal device until she is at last rendered non-operational. With only a few minutes left on the self-destruct timer, the player escapes the facility and flies to safety in a stolen Space Pirate ship.

Mission accomplished, the bounty hunter begins to head home. But during the ending credits, a transmitted message reveals that a stored backup of her mind and personality ensure that the Space Pirate commander is very much still alive... and that she has a surprisingly lovely singing voice.

Portal and Metroid Prime.

reidrokz

Nov 27, 2009
Dawn of War 2 + Heroes of Might and Magic V?

I just see this as heroes set in the 40k universe or dawn of war set in the heroes universe

I think 40k heroes would be better though

Kailow Krow

Mar 24, 2011
Bioshock cross spec ops? well the line at least. Yeah, sign me up.
Finalfantasy cross pokemon? God what've you done. It's one of those things where after it happens and it sinks in that "yes this is real" I'd probably like it and it'd be hard not to buy. But still, f whosoever idea it was, and just f every one that made it happened, but I'm thinking "thank you for answering my prayers." as I'm playing it.
Hey, this is getting fun!
I'm gonna go by genre.
Racing: WipEout cross Roadrash because fack your AAA car fetish. (God I love turismo and need for speed but variety never killed anyone.)
Fighters: Capcom cross...
Marvel....
Street fight...
Mortal kombat and Dc.... Wait that happened already?!
Fuck....
MARVEL VS DC
There you go. OR Marvel v.s Capcom v.s. Cross Mortal Kombat V.s. Dc because who is left?
Ya know, disney has marvel and starwars so that's in the plausible spectrum
Hmm...
Well...
I can't really think after these thoughts. Spider man v.s. Scorpion! Darth Vader V.s. Kenshi! or Bison V.s. Shao khan... just..
Well that's what imagination is for, those things you'll never see. Now I'm just sad. Who do I need to sleep with and or assassinate to make this happen? Maybe my life can be put to greater good and make a change worth changing.
Probably not.
I need a hug...

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
O.O

Fallout: New Vegas and Planescape: Torment.

Would be kinda weird... but in an amazingly awesome way.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Kailow Krow said:
Fighters: Capcom cross...
Marvel....
Street fight...
Mortal kombat and Dc.... Wait that happened already?!
Fuck....
MARVEL VS DC
There you go. OR Marvel v.s Capcom v.s. Cross Mortal Kombat V.s. Dc because who is left?
I can tell you who is missing out of that line up: Arc System Works. They are the guys behind Persona 4 Arena, Guilty Gear, and Blazblue. These games are highly praised by fighters and loved by many. It would be a shame to exclude them plus it would be fun to see superman vs. Hakumen, Hazama vs. Doctor Doom, Yu Narukami vs. Raiden, and so on. That would be awesome.

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
Minecraft and Stalker. Come with me and imagine this. An open, procedurally generated world with hardcore survival elements such as eating, drinking and sleeping. All with guns and the ability to change your surroundings to suit your needs, building shacks and small encampments. Including the possibility of raiding/competitive elements in multiplayer.

Imagine DayZ but with a procedural world, and more emphasis on survival by natural means rather than zombies.

This is my dream game, I want to make this game.

frizzlebyte

Oct 20, 2008
Glongpre said:
It would ruin why I liked each in the first place.

:D
Most likely.

However, if KOTOR and Splinter Cell merged, having Revan be able to snipe fools from a rooftop while tossing cameras around corners to watch for the perfect place to set up a limpet mine would make for one hell of a game.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Do you mean taking our two favorite franchises or two favorite games? For franchises it would be Zelda and Pokemon, which sounds like a pretty sweet deal. For two favorite games, it would be Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, considering how similar these two are, I would just get a really great Zelda game so...cool?

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Izanagi009 said:
MammothBlade said:
Only two favourite games? Shit, that's too hard to pin down. But let's say the Persona and Deus Ex series.

Well, they both have a division between "social" and "combat" modes. Let's take Human Revolution's dialogue system and mash it up with Persona's social links. Wow, that's a real game changer. So, you have to pay close attention to the way the conversation is going. Perfect. And the dialogue would have a noticeable impact upon the direction of the story. SOOOOOOOO AMAZING.

Other than that, well, the combat elements of the game would be totally crazy. How do we mix the two? They're about as antithetical as you can get. Turn-based combat vs. real-time stealth action. I'd take the latter.

Like Deus Ex, the main character would be a cyborg/robot, but with more fantastical powers. Think Aigis and the other Anti-Shadow weapons. Now imagine her as a Deus Ex protagonist with all kinds of augmentations. Orgia mode? Of course! Pandora missiles? HELL YEAH. And it only gets crazier from there, pandora missiles wouldn't even compare to the almighty flare. The available upgrades would make for a perfect fusion of science and magic, invoking Clarke's third law that sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Let's go a step further, Shadow operatives and the Investigation team have to use Kirijo tech to augment their bodies with the "Plumes of Dawn" that give Aigis and Labrys their human emotions and souls. These plumes allow each of the characters to create a shroud around them that replicates their persona abilities without the need of an envoker: Narukami's sword becomes Izanagi's, Kanji gets a giant sword along with his giant shield, and Mitsuo gets a whip to use. Make it a combination of Deus Ex style conversation monitoring and social links like you suggest and add a bit of over-the-top Blazblue/DMC combat and the two spheres of story and gameplay would finally come together in a satisfying but convoluted form.
I'm not familiar with Blazblue combat.

But yes, wow. Maybe it would be more of a squad-based game, with the combat taking place in a virtual reality world? That way there could be both demons and advanced technology. I'd like for it to have heaps of cyberpunk.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
MammothBlade said:
Izanagi009 said:
MammothBlade said:

I'm not familiar with Blazblue combat.

But yes, wow. Maybe it would be more of a squad-based game, with the combat taking place in a virtual reality world? That way there could be both demons and advanced technology. I'd like for it to have heaps of cyberpunk.
Blazblue is a Japanese fighting game, Just think of the tropes and you imagine the type of combat

As for the demons and advanced technology, Devil Summoner did something like that but turn based so just take that world and amp it up

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
MYST and Minecraft? It already happened. [http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/918541-152-mystcraft-0104/]

Also Skyrim has a lot from both of them, considering the magic/puzzle and crafting stuff...

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
Metal Gear Solid and Mass Effect merged?

Kai Leng would've been a real cyborg ninja, TIM would've been a proper comic book villain, there would've been three Shepards (obviously cloned from TIM) two of which would be killed before the series ended and Solid Sna...er..Shepard would've sported a bandana and would've shot ALL THE REAPERS to death with a SAM (Surface to Air Missile) that he kept in his inter-dimensional magic bag of holding.

Festus Moonbear

Feb 20, 2013
Guybrush Threepwood would go to Africa, become a mercenary, catch malaria, get attacked by everyone he saw, learn how to gut people with a machete and pull shrapnel from his arm, and collect a lot of diamonds. Elaine Marley and Morgan Leflay would shake their assets at him to make him do them favours, and then betray him. Lechuck would turn out to be a wise old warrior bent on destroying his evil foes from within. The ending would suck.

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
Mount and Blade with Dwarf Fortress...

Mount and blade graphics and combat with Dwarf Fortress's level of management and detail (as well as fun).

I would play that to death (especially in adventure mode) And Fortress mode would have to have your character and all your equipment there just with your fief as well....

This would be so awesome.... until you get a strange mood that asks for Slade... then... well... hope your character had kids...